JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Threedog

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (D)
We placed an order and made the deposit about a week ago. What's the process?
Place order, then a build sheet is created, then a VIN is created, then the build starts? Salesman said it would be 2 to 3 months before it shows up on the lot. I'd like to see the process.

Also, we've agreed on the price (MSRP) when we placed the order. Will there be any ugly surprises when we go to sign papers? Like the dealer adds on a high demand surcharge? We already agreed on no dealer ad-ons like window etching, etc.

Just curious. This is the first new vehicle we've bought in nearly 20 years and the first vehicle we've factory ordered...ever.

Advertisement

G-Oil Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon, 2021 JLUR Diesel - On order
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone else not able to view their sticker anymore?

Tankeryankeraa

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Fuel Tanker Tanker
Sahara Altitude 3.0 EcoDiesel Snazzberry

9/7 Ordered
9/8 Von & Vin
9/24 Materials received
9/24 estimated ship date 10/11

10/11 Build sheet on Crypto
10/11 Email from Dealer Jeep is Built and in Final inspection.
10/16 Jeep Chat and dealer Released for shipping no ETA no Sticker on Crypto

Reddog74

First Name
Beck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RooRoo
I need to figure out how to get a "chat" confirmation. I ordered mine on 07/01 and no information from the tracking database here. And my dealer says still in "D" status. I think because my order was a little unusual (2Dr, Manual) that is why it's not going anywhere.
I am thinking its a East Coast thing. I ordered 7/23, 2Dr manual and NOTHING but D status too. Dealer cannot seem to get any information ..Very upsetting seeing they told me 6-8 weeks and its going into the 13th week.

OBD

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl Wrangler ,2016Soul,Dyna,Sportster,HD
Ordered 7/6

White Rubicon 4xe
Saddle leather
black soft top
dual door group
steel bumper
most electronic options

Supposedly "in shipping" but no one can seem to tell me where it is. : (

If it doesn't come by next Friday I'm going to cry.
Same situation.....Shipped but no clue where it is, or when it will arrive.

Sponsored

USMC_JG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I’m sure it’s been asked before but any reason it says my order date is 10/13/2021 when I ordered it 9/8/2021.

Reddog74

First Name
Beck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RooRoo
I am thinking its a East Coast thing. I ordered 7/23, 2Dr manual and NOTHING but D status too. Dealer cannot seem to get any information ..Very upsetting seeing they told me 6-8 weeks and its going into the 13th week.
Also Hydro Blue--just the tow package..no other frills. I thought it would have been a quicker build. Yet I see so many ordered WAY afterwards and have taken delivery. First Jeep,,if I keep my order, and the last Jeep. I am a very big customer service person and I do not feel I am getting very good customer service. I understand manufacturing procedures, and I have learned who ever yells loudest, gets service... I wished I got a dealer who could YELL!!

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5; Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I’m sure it’s been asked before but any reason it says my order date is 10/13/2021 when I ordered it 9/8/2021.
Did you input your vehicle specific details into the tracker on 10/13 (a few days ago) and not manually change the order date to 9/8?

OBD

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl Wrangler ,2016Soul,Dyna,Sportster,HD

DarceyJean

First Name
Darcey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Sahara
Got my VIN today! Let the fun begin to unfold...appears I am the 851st Wrangler to go out for MY22....at their rate to produce 300 a day I should be made in the first week.

And then there is the pandemic BWAHAHAHA. Talked to Jeep Chat today - they told me likely end of January to see my delivery and that was being cautiously optimistic. Seems like they were at least being honest with me - and that my options/packages would be the hold up due to supply shortages. It's ok....It's all gonna be alright.

Sponsored

JLo

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2022 JTD
Contacted JC today hoping to hear that my jeep has shipped but instead was told it was delivered to the dealer yesterday!! I last contacted JC on Wednesday and they told me it hadn’t shipped yet and estimated delivery was 10/20-11/; my original dealer ETA was 10/7-10/21.

Ordered 8/28
Built 9/29 (according to window sticker)
Window sticker found on Crypto 10/1

Bright White 4 Door Rubicon
Saddle brown leather
Cold weather group
8.4” Radio package
LED package
Remote Proximity
Body color hard top & fenders
Trailer tow package

Can’t wait to pick it up Monday!!

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Hmm... I wonder why that is. I am almost positive I saw Gorilla Glass listed on other's build sheets, perhaps I'm misremembering. I counted and I do have 4 instances of the word "glass" on my build sheet.

I checked some of the build sheets that were found today. Some have three instances of "glass", others have four. The fourth instance is always listed as " Window Material: Glass", that must identify Gorilla Glass? The build sheets with only three instances of glass never have "Window Material: Glass" listed.

Thanks!!
My build sheet didnt list GG but I got my window sticker today and its there. There is a glass line item under options on the build sheet. That's probably the GG

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
We placed an order and made the deposit about a week ago. What's the process?
Place order, then a build sheet is created, then a VIN is created, then the build starts? Salesman said it would be 2 to 3 months before it shows up on the lot. I'd like to see the process.

Also, we've agreed on the price (MSRP) when we placed the order. Will there be any ugly surprises when we go to sign papers? Like the dealer adds on a high demand surcharge? We already agreed on no dealer ad-ons like window etching, etc.

Just curious. This is the first new vehicle we've bought in nearly 20 years and the first vehicle we've factory ordered...ever.
Place order
Vehicle order number (VON) generated
Order accepted, VIN# generated. You should have the VIN within a few days. Ask your dealer for your VON and VIN

Once you have the VON and VIN. You can track your order using Jeep Chat and Cryptostickers.

Cryptostickers does not alert you of status changes just when your build sheet and window sticker become available.

All dealers are different so unless you can find someone else who bought from the same dealer, there is no way to tell whether yours will add any charges. I had my deal in writing.

More details on the order/build process here:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-build-tracking-and-delivery-process.54344/

Dozerlive

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLR
I ordered a 2022 392 on 10/11/21. The dealer told me 6 to 8 weeks, but they wont even start building 22s until 12/06/21. Kind of funny.... they just throw that 6-8 week timeline out there.

Merc

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door 6mt Willys; 2013 Subaru Crosstrek
I got my Manual 2 Dr Willys in 5 weeks. I can’t even fathom how Jeep decides what goes and what doesn’t.
I ordered my 2 door 6 mt Willys on 9/2 and still in D1 status with a build date of 10/20.

Advertisement

Advertisement