Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

We just sold our 13 Rubi 2dr 10th anniversary to buy the 21 Unlimited. The 13 had a Warn zeon 10k w/synthetic I used once but I know it helped sell the 2 door over some that didnā€™t have it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Winches on Mall Crawlers? 860E3AFD-4B90-4FE2-B6CA-BCE0BAFABADE

Kanonn

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Unlimited Rubicon 2014
I've used my winch to help get my jeep through some tough trails. I've used it to pull people out of ditches. I've used it to destroy stuff.

Witches, I mean winches, are fun for any vehicle.

MCL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I doubt I'll be able to go off road too much, at least not until I move somewhere closer to public trails, but I'd still like to have a winch eventually. Worse case, I can use it to yank out the old bushes in my yard, then again that could end badly.

Reactions: VNT

Sponsored

Shift Happens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I'd put a winch on my jeep even if I was never going to offroad it.
With my TJ I used my winch to pull out bushes/trees, and to pull people out of ditches. It feels good to be able to pull over and help someone out of a bad situation.

Mall Crawler Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
This is Canton Avenue in Pittsburgh, PA, the steepest public street in the lower 48. Notice the cobblestones, Pittsburgh has a lot of cobblestone streets, other steep streets, potholes and poorly maintained roads. Just living in Pittsburgh and owning a Wrangler should remove the owners from being called Mall Crawlers.
Jeep Wrangler JL Winches on Mall Crawlers? Screenshot_20210529-130720_Google

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
This is Canton Avenue in Pittsburgh, PA, the steepest public street in the lower 48. Notice the cobblestones, Pittsburgh has a lot of cobblestone streets, other steep streets, potholes and poorly maintained roads. Just living in Pittsburgh and owning a Wrangler should remove the owners from being called Mall Crawlers.
Jeep Wrangler JL Winches on Mall Crawlers? Screenshot_20210529-130720_Google
Sleigh ride of death...ā˜ŗ

Sponsored

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I was going to walk away from this. But, I have the time and money.

You want to go there? Put up or STFU. I'll arrange for IQ tests; loser pays for the tests and never posts here again. Game?

Keyboard ninjas are... sooo predictable. Your tiny, fragile egos just won't let it go. If you were a little sharper you'd see I have a lot of self deprecating humor. something my ego has no trouble with. If we were face to face, I'd tell you to get a T shirt spelling out for everyone that you're a big brained shootist. Maybe you could just put it in a sig line or something and spare us all the drama next time. :like:
eat a red dude, holy cow!

AlanD

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Well my Jeep definitely not a mall crawler. The ony vehicle I have moved with my winch was a disabled Side by Side onto a trailer. But I have used it several times around the house moving heavy rocks, removing small trees and fixing a fence... A Mall Crawler could use them for extracting disabled or illegally parked cars?

snapper692

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU)
I use my Wrangler 100% on road and therefore I donā€™t have a winch. But...I see a lot of pristine Jeeps out there with winches. Do people equip their onroad Jeeps that completely?
Dude, have you seen the size of some of those curbs in the mall parking lot?! šŸ˜‚šŸ¤Ŗ

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Yeah, this feels more like a ā€œWhy do people put winches on vehicles that donā€™t meet my expectations of what an off-road vehicle isā€ thread.

I might be one of those people. Daily driver, stock height JLUR on 33s and I have no body damage. 93% of my miles are on pavement. Big 12k Zeon up front.

What you donā€™t see is the 7% of miles not on pavementā€¦ but, it seems like you probably donā€™t get out there or wouldnā€™t be asking these questions.
Sponsored