Mopar Lift for the Rubicon 4Xe

Echo Foxtrot

First Name
Hassan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee TrailHawk
As of this date, only Jeep Mopar has a lift (2 inches) for the Wrangler 4Xe PHEV!
Got it installed and very impressed with the Fox shocks, however, the height increase is very subtle and between the Nitto tires 315/70/17 (34.4 inches) and the lift, I think I gained about 2.5 inches overall. Thoughts?!!!

IMG_2702.JPG

IMG_2720.JPG

IMG_2719.JPG

IMG_2716.JPG

IMG_2711.JPG

IMG_2705.JPG
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Standard spacer lifts work and Rock Krawler’s 3.5 is ready. Several members report 1” from the Mopar on the Rub.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
...the height increase is very subtle and between the Nitto tires 315/70/17 (34.4 inches) and the lift, I think I gained about 2.5 inches overall. Thoughts?!!!
My reaction to the lift has been the same as yours. I like the shocks, but am underwhelmed by the 1" increase in ride height. My total gain on my Rubicon, including 37" KO2's was 2.875 rear, 2.5 front.
Lift alone, without tires, was 1.125 rear, 1 front.

OP
OP
Echo Foxtrot

Echo Foxtrot

First Name
Hassan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee TrailHawk
My reaction to the lift has been the same as yours. I like the shocks, but am underwhelmed by the 1" increase in ride height. My total gain on my Rubicon, including 37" KO2's was 2.875 rear, 2.5 front.
Lift alone, without tires, was 1.125 rear, 1 front.
I think they’re worried about the front driveshaft, it’s 4 inches longer than a non hybrid Rubicon, and so it will rub on full droop if the height overall exceeds 2.5 inches.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I think they’re worried about the front driveshaft, it’s 4 inches longer than a non hybrid Rubicon, and so it will rub on full droop if the height overall exceeds 2.5 inches.
Droop is limited by shock extension, not lift height. The DS joint clears (just barely) with mine at 28.5 extended.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Echo Foxtrot

Echo Foxtrot

First Name
Hassan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee TrailHawk
Standard spacer lifts work and Rock Krawler’s 3.5 is ready. Several members report 1” from the Mopar on the Rub.
I thought long and hard about the spacers, the dealership said absolutely not to get and in fact, they would not install. For warranty purposes, I opted for the mopar lift.

OP
OP
Echo Foxtrot

Echo Foxtrot

First Name
Hassan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee TrailHawk
Droop is limited by shock extension, not lift height. The DS joint clears (just barely) with mine at 28.5 extended.
Right on, did you notice the space between the upper and lower bump stops in the front? It’s ridiculous!!!!

JokerCA

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Overall, I think it looks really clean/nice! I think it would be more noticeable on a non-Rubi model but still looks good! Im assuming you’re in SoCal? Bay Area here and have narrowed down which shop will do my work, just a matter of when and the $ at this point.

Which tailgate reinforcement did you use?

OP
OP
Echo Foxtrot

Echo Foxtrot

First Name
Hassan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee TrailHawk
Overall, I think it looks really clean/nice! I think it would be more noticeable on a non-Rubi model but still looks good! Im assuming you’re in SoCal? Bay Area here and have narrowed down which shop will do my work, just a matter of when and the $ at this point.

Which tailgate reinforcement did you use?
That’s great, you’re going to love the Fox Shocks!
I ordered mine with the Mopar reinforcement and then added the Mopar extension and taillight relocation kit.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I thought long and hard about the spacers, the dealership said absolutely not to get and in fact, they would not install. For warranty purposes, I opted for the mopar lift.
Right on, did you notice the space between the upper and lower bump stops in the front? It’s ridiculous!!!!
So my temp solution was to do a frankenlift. I installed all the mopar parts except shocks and springs, added Teraflex spacers (2”F, 1.5”R) to the stock springs, and Bilstein 5100 3-4.5” Shocks. I got the 2” lift, and my droop is within a 1/2” of recommended max with the stock driveshaft.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Echo Foxtrot

Echo Foxtrot

First Name
Hassan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee TrailHawk
So my temp solution was to do a frankenlift. I installed all the mopar parts except shocks and springs, added Teraflex spacers (2”F, 1.5”R) to the stock springs, and Bilstein 5100 3-4.5” Shocks. I got the 2” lift, and my droop is within a 1/2” of recommended max with the stock driveshaft.
Wow! That’s going above and beyond. I wanted mine simple, in n out lol 😆

jimmym1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you add the LCA's are were they not needed. I hear its always a 50/50 on these.

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Yeah I have it and love how it rides but not the size (thats what she said).

Started with 35s then upgraded to 37s so that takes up some space. Planning on upgrading to rock krawler 3.5 but saving up since I wasted so much already

Dmeyer001

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4XE
Yeah I have it and love how it rides but not the size (thats what she said).

Started with 35s then upgraded to 37s so that takes up some space. Planning on upgrading to rock krawler 3.5 but saving up since I wasted so much already
i have 35’s also with the mopar lift and got 3 inches lift in total. In front car measures 42 inches to middle of fender

B5BBEEBA-94CE-4FEF-8D14-8381172BCEEC.jpeg

2299CE23-02E2-4CBB-AD11-D7F57B2ACEE6.jpeg
Sponsored