Sponsored

Gorilla Glass now double? (questions to those who recently received their JL)

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Yes. It was a forum dealer and until its signed on, dealer controls the pricing. I (think) I got a good deal, so I wasn't going to make a big deal on $400.

I pointed it out and he explained that their computer pricing is the current pricing and it says on the website that the dealer price supersedes the website pricing.
"It says on their website that their computer pricing supersedes the website pricing."

🤔

Ok.

(The distinction is there, but they've muddied it a bit.)
Sponsored

ECP

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
"It says on their website that their computer pricing supersedes the website pricing."

🤔

(The distinction is there, but they've muddied it a bit.)
From the Jeep website (when building)

Pricing and offers may change at any time without notification. To get full pricing details, see your dealer.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
From the Jeep website (when building)

Pricing and offers may change at any time without notification. To get full pricing details, see your dealer.
The website is not only slow to update pricing, but option combinations and availability as well.

You can build what you'd like there, but there's a chance that the dealer can't actually build the same thing in the order system.

ECP

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
The website is not only slow to update pricing, but option combinations and availability as well.

You can build what you'd like there, but there's a chance that the dealer can't actually build the same thing in the order system.
I've been reading about that. I guess I'm lucky that everything I wanted I got (or considering the price of options, my wallet wasn't so lucky...)

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
I ordered my Jeep on 8/30, the dealer didn't put the order until 9/3. I specified Gorilla Glass which was $95. From my order sheet to the order sheet the dealer entered into the system, somehow the price changed from $95 to $195. I missed it back then but once the dealer put the code in the system the price came back as $195. Ok fine! Now that I reviewed my Equipment sheet, I don't see any mention of the Gorilla Glass!!!! I'm waiting on the dealer to explain this to me. I'm afraid the Jeep was built with regular glass maybe as a mistake or due to parts availability. I will be PISSED if that is true and I'm contemplating cancelling my order.

Sponsored

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
I ordered 9/4/21 and it shows up as $195 with $176 invoice on my 4xe Rubicon order sheet
yeah I'm guessing the price changed in the system earlier than the website online. I was at the dealer on 8/30 and put in the order and the price came back $195. I never noticed it back then but now my vehicle build sheet doesn't mention Gorilla Glass and I'm pissed about it. I will see what the dealer says.

Blazing Saddles

First Name
Not Sure
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jeep
Occupation
Staring at this forum
I ordered my Jeep on 8/30, the dealer didn't put the order until 9/3. I specified Gorilla Glass which was $95. From my order sheet to the order sheet the dealer entered into the system, somehow the price changed from $95 to $195. I missed it back then but once the dealer put the code in the system the price came back as $195. Ok fine! Now that I reviewed my Equipment sheet, I don't see any mention of the Gorilla Glass!!!! I'm waiting on the dealer to explain this to me. I'm afraid the Jeep was built with regular glass maybe as a mistake or due to parts availability. I will be PISSED if that is true and I'm contemplating cancelling my order.
I dont know if this will alleviate your concern, and this is a 2022 order, so the code may be different but this is what I show on my build:
Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass now double? (questions to those who recently received their JL) 1634164395352

And this is the same code from the guide:
Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass now double? (questions to those who recently received their JL) 1634164464300

Do you see that the same on your sheet?

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
random rant:

So i ordered my JL on 9-11-21 and at that time was always on jeep.com messing around "building" my jeep and looking at the options - i went on today as i wait for my jeep and i noticed while the 21's are still on the site - many of the options / colors are no longer available as they were - and the Gorilla Glass is now listed at double the price (was $95 upgrade a month ago - now $195)

i diddnt dive much further in the package prices but im sure other things have gone up too.

the state of things in the USA in regards to products, manufacturing, importing, shipping, inflation, etc all suck so im wondering if any of you who recently ordered and received their Jeep - was the price much more today than it was when you placed the order (MSRP a few months ago vs now)?

i ask because im not leasing so id like to know $ amounts
I occasionally re-build my Wrangler on-line to compare prices between then and now. Trailer tow/heavy duty electrical has gone from $795 in April (when I bought mine) to $845. 3-piece hard top has gone from $1,495 to $1,545. The Wrangler I bought in April would cost (sticker) $1,865 more today. Every time I do this I smile - happy I bought mine when I did, and have been able to enjoy it so much since.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
I dont know if this will alleviate your concern, and this is a 2022 order, so the code may be different but this is what I show on my build:
1634164395352.png

1634164464300.png

it is the same code. My order sheet has GMA code on it for $195 but I don't see the same on my build sheet. Not sure how they list them on build sheets but I would think it should have the word Gorilla in there! I'm waiting for the window sticker to see. Not sure what I can do if the vehicle is not built with it due to parts shortage!
Same wording but no code!
Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass now double? (questions to those who recently received their JL) 1634165938613

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I ordered my Jeep on 8/30, the dealer didn't put the order until 9/3. I specified Gorilla Glass which was $95. From my order sheet to the order sheet the dealer entered into the system, somehow the price changed from $95 to $195.

Now that I reviewed my Equipment sheet, I don't see any mention of the Gorilla Glass!!!! I'm waiting on the dealer to explain this to me. I'm afraid the Jeep was built with regular glass maybe as a mistake or due to parts availability. I will be PISSED if that is true and I'm contemplating cancelling my order.
Upon verbal confirmation that I wanted to order a new Wrangler, the Sales Manager sat down at my salesman's desk and physically keyed in my JLU's configuration as I watched. Once we agreed on the accuracy of his order screen and he clicked Submit, only I did I sign and hand over a $500.00 deposit check.

The point here is that my dealer had a firm policy regarding how they and the customer worked together when ordering a new vehicle. It certainly made sense to me, and I'm not sure I'd have agreed to how your dealer handled your order after the fact...not least of all because you're now on the hook for another C-note through no apparent fault of your own.

When I asked, the Sales Mgr confirmed that my deposit check would be returned to me at any time, at my request, up until the day it arrived and I agreed to take delivery. Granted, I'd have surrendered my claim to the vehicle, but that was understood.

Coincidentally, my vehicle order was entered on Sept. 3rd of last year. My new Wrangler arrived at the dealer exactly 8 weeks later.

Sponsored

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
Upon verbal confirmation that I wanted to order a new Wrangler, the Sales Manager sat down at my salesman's desk and physically keyed in my JLU's configuration as I watched. Once we agreed on the accuracy of his order screen and he clicked Submit, only I did I sign and hand over a $500.00 deposit check.

The point here is that my dealer had a firm policy regarding how they and the customer worked together when ordering a new vehicle. It certainly made sense to me, and I'm not sure I'd have agreed to how your dealer handled your order after the fact...not least of all because you're now on the hook for another C-note through no apparent fault of your own.

When I asked, the Sales Mgr confirmed that my deposit check would be returned to me at any time, at my request, up until the day it arrived and I agreed to take delivery. Granted, I'd have surrendered my claim to the vehicle, but that was understood.

Coincidentally, my vehicle order was entered on Sept. 3rd of last year. My new Wrangler arrived at the dealer exactly 8 weeks later.
Gorilla Glass is on my order sheet but I don't see it on the build sheet since there are no codes or prices. I do see this:
Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass now double? (questions to those who recently received their JL) 1634166082116

But no code so I'm not sure what this is. My dealer charged me $1000 that I would lose if I change my mind but it can be applied to the downpayment if I wish or be returned to me once I buy the car.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
My dealer charged me $1000 that I would lose if I change my mind but it can be applied to the downpayment if I wish or be returned to me once I buy the car.
Did you sign any paperwork that clearly states the deposit is non-refundable? If so, then I hope that things work out for you here.

My Sales Mgr told me that, "by law", he wasn't allowed to hold my $500 deposit if I asked for it to be returned to me in advance of agreeing to take delivery of my new Jeep. I know the rules & regs for this subject can vary by State.

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
Yes some options did go up. But I just ordered a 22 JLUR and my build was actually cheaper than the same build of a 21. It came from the 8.4 uconnect and proximity locks now being standard. I save nearly $1k.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
Did you sign any paperwork that clearly states the deposit is non-refundable? If so, then I hope that things work out for you here.

My Sales Mgr told me that, "by law", he wasn't allowed to hold my $500 deposit if I asked for it to be returned to me in advance of agreeing to take delivery of my new Jeep. I know the rules & regs for this subject can vary by State.
Yes! The order clearly states that I would lose the $1000 if I cancel or change my mind about features or options. I used a credit card to charge so I can leverage the credit card company in case there is any dispute. But I made sure that this wasn't a fee for special order and it was a deposit that can be put toward the downpayment and they confirmed that. So I hope the vehicle shows up in one piece and undamaged and with everything I ordered.

ECP

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass now double? (questions to those who recently received their JL) 1634166082116

Yep - mine just says GMA: Glass and I ordered GG
Sponsored