The infamous bubbling paint around door hinges questions

Jeepdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara
Can you assist and point me where it says the paint is covered under warranty for 5 years on a 2018 JLU. Bubbles are stating to show after 3 years. Always garaged, in central CA. and only 16,500 miles on it. So sad.
cmcclintock - were you able to get your Jeep Wrangler's bubbling paint (corrosion) issue addressed under the 5 year corrosion warranty? I have a 2018 that just ran out of the bumper to bumper coverage and upon closer inspection, I have some bubbling paint issues too. Thanks for any info you can provide.
Sponsored

Snoopi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep Wrangler 1999; Jeep Sahara Wrangler 2018 HD 2006 Deluxe
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
cmcclintock - were you able to get your Jeep Wrangler's bubbling paint (corrosion) issue addressed under the 5 year corrosion warranty? I have a 2018 that just ran out of the bumper to bumper coverage and upon closer inspection, I have some bubbling paint issues too. Thanks for any info you can provide.
Call your dealership- they will run your vin and advise you “yes indeed your 2018 wrangler has a 5 year paint coverage warranty”. Easy as .314444444

Cat Ebeling

First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL Unlimited
I know there's various threads, some over a year old covering the bubbling paint near hinges and other aluminum body panels. All my doors are experiencing this, some on the hinges themselves but most extending outward from where the hinge bolts to the door. The paint is still full intact and pushing on it its solid, not crunchy like rust on a steel body panel. I'm going to call the dealer today to get it documented while I'm still under bumper to bumper warranty, but nervous to get any work done to be honest. It's definitely grown, but still isn't noticeable unless you look for it. I'm worried how a "fix" will look and how long it will last, as it seems most warranty fixes are setting it back to how it was done at the factory vs addressing the root problem. Anyone had this work done say over a year ago, has it held up? I assume leaving it be will result in the paint failing, making a bigger mess. Plus it kills me making payments on a 2020 and already dealing with this type of issue.
Same problem here. I have an '18 JL Mojito.(bought it with 10k miles on it from dealership) I noticed some bumpy areas where the door hinge attaches on the outside, and just assumed it's sloppy welding. Just recently noticed that the bumpy area is now cracking on some of the hinges. My car's body is otherwise in perfect shape, no scratches or dings, etc. I HAVE to get this fixed or it's going to rust! or at the very least look like crap!
Is this covered under a warranty?

Cat Ebeling

First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL Unlimited
What is the bumper to bumper warranty limit?

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Yes.. I got it fixed.. Below should assist on Jeep standard warranty

IMG_1572.jpeg
Sponsored