Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I was in contact with DI Labs last night.... I asked them to come up with/offer .... and they said they would gladly........... a keyhole cover for the Jeep JL 4xe.

I suggested a LIGHTNING BOLT on a 4xe key hole cover...

Anyone else have a different idea/want/desire in regard to what they would want to see on a keyhole cover for their 4xe ?

Right now, DI Labs has these key hole cover styles ....

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep 4XE Compatible Parts & Accessories Capture.JPG

https://mythreedom.com/

Here is Tread style...
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep 4XE Compatible Parts & Accessories tread.JPG

@crdouglass3
Sponsored

Last edited:

iunate42

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
I’ve been trying to install the M.O.R.E dead pedal on my Rubicon 4xe. I’ve read all the threads and watched the videos and prepared myself physically and mentally and then had my 16 year old daughter get in there. We cannot get the bracket seated to save our lives. It seems to be hitting this bundle of wires that I cannot move out of the way. Am I doing something wrong here?
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep 4XE Compatible Parts & Accessories 31C934EF-2CF9-4C5E-8579-54D7BEC1C4B5

joegrasse

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Red JLUR
I installed mine behind the wire. It was a pain in the butt to install.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep 4XE Compatible Parts & Accessories B700AF70-DDD5-4526-8CB9-E05EB73A619F

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Alright, y’all, picked up the 4xe Friday, here’s what I’ve got so far.

Rugged Ridge HD front bumper - fits but had to hog out the top outer bumper mount holes to match the others. I’m not sure if this is specific to our frame, but those two holes were more narrow than the others. Superwinch SX1000SR mounted with no issues (although tight). No issues with installing the LED fogs.

Rugged Ridge HD rear bumper - no install issues, but I’m troubleshooting some sensor false alerts. My sensors are in heat welded plastic clips and NOT in the three piece mounts you see in videos. Allows clearance of 35 spare on stock mount.

Mopar grab handles, cravenspeed antenna, RC tag relocation- no install issues

35x12.50R17 KO2s on 17x8.5 +18mm fit with no rub on road.

Surf Blue Pearl is a perfect match to the factory decals, thanks to @eLECTRICON for the knowledge there.

Hopefully I’ll have time to do the lift this weekend: Teraflex 1.5 Performance Spacer and 2” Shock Extensions; Mopar LCA, Sway Bar Extensions, and Bump Stop Extensions.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep 4XE Compatible Parts & Accessories B700AF70-DDD5-4526-8CB9-E05EB73A619F

Update to compatibility of the Rugged Ridge bumpers.

RR HD rear - still no solution to the rear sensor false alerts. RR CS said to keep adjusting, have spent several hours trying that. Sensors are currently turned off with the Tazer.

RR HD front full width - does NOT clear 35s at full stuff, even straight ahead. I’ve added the DV8 JL-JK bumper adapters for a 2” spacer, but the winch plate and overrider brackets no longer work. I’ll have to fab winch brackets and run without overrider brackets.

Ramped prior to spacers:

1C8D23FC-C367-4D8F-A5A0-64D3750234A2.jpeg

47DCEA25-09D0-4470-B182-333A21B60589.jpeg

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks - I'm glad to know that it worked. I'll give it another go.
Just did mine over the weekend in my 4xe.

Having done them in other jeeps a few things that can help.

1. tie a string around the bracket so you don't lose it down the hole.
2. mine was tight and I couldn't push the bracket far enough into the holes to put the bolts on so I screwed it down without the pedal, then backed the bolts off.
3. as above just wedge that tip in first behind those wires and then twist it down to line up with the bolts.

Still took me 20-30 minutes as it is really hard to get in there but love it now that it's on.

iunate42

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
Just did mine over the weekend in my 4xe.

Having done them in other jeeps a few things that can help.

1. tie a string around the bracket so you don't lose it down the hole.
2. mine was tight and I couldn't push the bracket far enough into the holes to put the bolts on so I screwed it down without the pedal, then backed the bolts off.
3. as above just wedge that tip in first behind those wires and then twist it down to line up with the bolts.

Still took me 20-30 minutes as it is really hard to get in there but love it now that it's on.
Thanks for the tips. I'll just muscle it in there I guess. I think I'm going to install the Armorlite flooring too and will do this at the same time.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Heads up. Spoke with Rock Krawler today, they have the Front 3.5" Lift Springs in stock, but they're expecting the shipment of the rears in mid November.

Unless something else comes out before then, I'll be the guinea pig.