Sponsored

2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production

easter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
For very recent orders, am should we expect VON and VIN as quickly as others in this thread? Or did shortages slow things down? I ordered last Tuesday and trying to decide when to follow up for the information. Thanks all.
Sponsored

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
The VON should be printed on the Priced Order Confirmation that you should have received when you placed the order at the dealer. The VIN is typically generated regardless of any production delays/constraints within 24-72 hours of the order being submitted. The first time I called my dealer on was on 8/25 and they gave me the VIN at that time.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production 1632686578313

X-SoLjA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Not sure how different this process is in Canada, but I placed my Order on August 30th. Got my VON a couple days later however, still no VIN yet...

BlackTanJL22

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 2dr JL Black/Tan 6cyl stick
Not sure how different this process is in Canada, but I placed my Order on August 30th. Got my VON a couple days later however, still no VIN yet...
Did you get a VIN? In Canada?

Sponsored

FritzBrothers

First Name
Fritz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Just came across this forum- I ordered a custom Willies back on May 22, still no sign. Dealer has yet to provide VIN or VON. I am being told that manual transmission is the reason for the delay. Anyone else hearing this? My feeling is they they may have accepted the car and resold it mot more $$
Sorry to hear that. Mine was a manual and it took 7.5 weeks. Ordered on 08/04. Walter emailed less than two days later abs told me the vin. I switched to them for reasons like that. Just saying it maybe worth a call or an email in your situation too.

ALCSTEEL

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Hi - Great site! new jeep owner (hopefully) - I put a deposit on a 2021 rubicon. I stayed with the 2021 over the 22 because I wanted granite grey and I need the truck by the end of the year.

Its been 2 weeks and the only thing I have is a binder with a $1500 deposit and a vin #. I confirmed with Jeep today they have the order but it is to soon to give production status.

My concern is I have no contract or POC and the "finance" guy says they dont give you a contract until the jeep comes to the dealership. Sounds odd to me but before I started complaining I wanted to confirm the process on ordering a new jeep.

When should I get a contract?
When should I get a POC?

I read through the threads but have not come across this type of issue - thanks in advance for any advice.

Anthony

CJ SCION

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD Hardtop, 2016 JK 2-door Ragtop
Occupation
Tired Again
Hi - Great site! new jeep owner (hopefully) - I put a deposit on a 2021 rubicon. I stayed with the 2021 over the 22 because I wanted granite grey and I need the truck by the end of the year.

Its been 2 weeks and the only thing I have is a binder with a $1500 deposit and a vin #. I confirmed with Jeep today they have the order but it is to soon to give production status.

My concern is I have no contract or POC and the "finance" guy says they dont give you a contract until the jeep comes to the dealership. Sounds odd to me but before I started complaining I wanted to confirm the process on ordering a new jeep.

When should I get a POC?

I read through the threads but have not come across this type of issue - thanks in advance for any advice.

Anthony
Have you read through the first post of this thread?

JIOWAJEEP

First Name
Iowa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler willys
Still no VIN for me :(
Sorry , new here. I placed order with dealer today. Have VON ,how will i get VIN ? and in how many days ?

Sponsored

X-SoLjA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Sorry , new here. I placed order with dealer today. Have VON ,how will i get VIN ? and in how many days ?
You would have to contact the dealer to get it. If you're in the US, which is seems like, it could be a few days to a week. Just follow up with your dealer

JIOWAJEEP

First Name
Iowa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler willys
You would have to contact the dealer to get it. If you're in the US, which is seems like, it could be a few days to a week. Just follow up with your dealer

šŸ¤ Thank you !!

bnelson4986

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKu

When should I get a POC?

Anthony
hey Anthony

I worked in a few dealerships, and they canā€™t write up the contract until the car arrives and is inspected. Trust me Iā€™ve missed bonuses Bc I had people like you wanting to the same and it wasnā€™t allowed. FYI. I ordered mine in October with a estimated ship date of 12/17 and found out itā€™ll be3 more weeks

ALCSTEEL

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
hey Anthony

I worked in a few dealerships, and they canā€™t write up the contract until the car arrives and is inspected. Trust me Iā€™ve missed bonuses Bc I had people like you wanting to the same and it wasnā€™t allowed. FYI. I ordered mine in October with a estimated ship date of 12/17 and found out itā€™ll be3 more weeks
HI Thanks for response. I was surprised to learn It actually arrived Friday!! looks great, great ride too.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Here is some news for folks that ordered 2021s. They are still finishing up the 2021 VINS. Production started back yesterday. They have less than eighteen-hundred 2021s left to build and finish up.
Sponsored