RMcclean

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Good morning,

New member here, I found this page in search of some answers. I order my 392 awhile back and I'm trying to decide if I should cancel my 21 and reorder 22XR. Here is my info any help would be great.

Ordered 6/14/21
Status D
VIN 808198
Granit Crystal
Dual Top
Front Camera
Tow Package
Sponsored

GA392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Good morning,

New member here, I found this page in search of some answers. I order my 392 awhile back and I'm trying to decide if I should cancel my 21 and reorder 22XR. Here is my info any help would be great.

Ordered 6/14/21
Status D
VIN 808198
Granit Crystal
Dual Top
Front Camera
Tow Package
I placed my order on 6/4 and picked up my 392 this past Saturday. Odd that you remain in D, although supply chain issues are continuing. Have you escalated through Jeep Chat?
If you cancel, you restart the clock and it might be early spring before you see your 392.

RMcclean

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
I placed my order on 6/4 and picked up my 392 this past Saturday. Odd that you remain in D, although supply chain issues are continuing. Have you escalated through Jeep Chat?
If you cancel, you restart the clock and it might be early spring before you see your 392.
Yes went through JC and they say parts a allocated but nothing on a build date or any other news, pretty vague. Just hate getting a 21 Jeep in 22 , usually as soon as you drive car off lot it loses value but in this case it will lose value before its even bought. 1 numeric year older before it leaves the lot.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
Yes went through JC and they say parts a allocated but nothing on a build date or any other news, pretty vague. Just hate getting a 21 Jeep in 22 , usually as soon as you drive car off lot it loses value but in this case it will lose value before its even bought. 1 numeric year older before it leaves the lot.
You probably should order a 22 then and walk away from this order. A few weeks ago no one knew 100% if thr 392 was going to be avaliable in 22. Now we do, so if you donā€™t want a 1 MY old new vehicle Iā€™d order a 22. Id do this myself but Iā€™m getting a really good deal. If Jeep gets around to finally building it.

SPRINKLES

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, 2001 TJ
That's crossed my mind, as well... but also that Jeeps tend to hold their value incredibly well... Especially Rubicons. And I'd imagine especially w/ it being a 392. I think the value/resale difference in MY for this particular Jeep will be minimal.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
I am still seeing VINs earlier than yours rolling through the line - check out all my previous daily updates - the choice is obviously yours...
Wait for the 2021 one you ordered or wait longer for another 2022 one you order...
The word is the 2022's aren't scheduled for the line until after 5 DEC and there are already a number of 2022 VINs scheduled... it depends on how bad you want one.

...but I'd say yours is on schedule.

...and I added you to the tracking list, and welcome to the forum!

Last edited:

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
That's crossed my mind, as well... but also that Jeeps tend to hold their value incredibly well... Especially Rubicons. And I'd imagine especially w/ it being a 392. I think the value/resale difference in MY for this particular Jeep will be minimal.
I'm tracking my current 392 with the Blackbook valuation while I wait for my XR392 to be built- see attachment

BBT.jpg

Sponsored

Gorpf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21-392, AEV-JL370
Occupation
Retired
ā€œ@RMcclean :
Good morning,

New member here, I found this page in search of some answers. I order my 392 awhile back and I'm trying to decide if I should cancel my 21 and reorder 22XR. Here is my info any help would be great.ā€

Iā€™m in the same boat with ya. Tough choice. Especially with some dealerships offering up to 6k below msrp currently. Wait and hope the ā€˜21 order gets built and delivered this year(still in D), cancel and get 6k off on an out of state order, or just get something else entirely? Iā€™d guess ā€œearly springā€ for a ā€˜22 is wishful thinking.

RMcclean

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
I am still seeing VINs earlier than yours rolling through the line - check out all my previous daily updates - the choice is obviously yours...
Wait for the 2021 one you ordered or wait longer for another 2022 one you order...
The word is the 2022's aren't scheduled for the line until after 5 DEC and there are already a number of 2022 VINs scheduled... it depends on how bad you want one.

...but I'd say yours is on schedule.

...and I added you to the tracking list, and welcome to the forum!
Thank you, I will keep an eye out. Decisions Decisions
Sponsored