Sponsored

overcrawler

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I upgraded to a TrailDash3 and love it. Same tune. I've been happily running the performance tune for almost a year with no issues.
Does that require a PCM unlock?
Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
paq_jeep_18-20_wrangler-jl_20l_hero_2400_x_800-jpg.jpg

Finally, the performance flash tuning youā€™ve been begging for! Superchips Flashpaq (P/N 3876-JL) now supports 2018-2020 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL. The 2.0L turbocharged engine has been a great new option for Wrangler JL owners, offering good fuel mileage and great torque. But aftermarket support for the platform has been limited, until now! Drivability of the 2.0L engine and 8-speed automatic transmission has been great, but of course, our calibration team was able to make it even better with our all-new Flashpaq tuning.

Features:
  • 25hp/20tq Peak Gains
  • 65hp/90tq Max Gains
  • Improved Transmission Shift Strategies
  • Broader Power and Torque Curves
  • Increased Low RPM Performance
  • Better Throttle Response and Turbo Spool-up
  • 87 Octane, 91 Octane, 93 Octane, Crawl Tune
  • PCM Swap Required
Learn more on our website

More info:

This is a big launch and we have quite a few different places to share this info, so forgive us as we try and get as much information shared everywhere we can. We have created some other videos and the data to back it up, just a matter of getting it shared.

chart.JPG

Here is our before/after dyno charts, as you can see with the tuning the powerband comes on MUCH sooner and our max gains at say 3000rpm are way up there. These results are at the tire, as we test on our in-house chassis dyno's.

Please checkout our website to get more specific details, you can also see our youtube channel

On your building a baseline page, you dynoed the stock 2.0t at 231hp and 310ftlbs, what happened to that number? Why does your baseline now fall 80ftlbs short?

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
They do a lot of not answering the questions in that thread. SoThe 30hp and 37 ftlbs gained at the peak are ā€œverifiedā€, but who knows if thatā€™s 310ftlbs+ 37 or 258 ftlbs +37? 11% gain or 15% gain? Just under 300ftlbs or just under 350 ftlbs? Itā€™s a total mystery I guess? If the baseline dyno originally posted was from their Florida facility on a cool winter day, and the numbers used in the tune comparison were from a 100Ā° plus day at their Utah facility at well over 4kā€™ elevation, that could explain a big chunk of the massive discrepancy I guess? Iā€™d Like to think the Jeep will be pushing 350ftlbs to the wheels, but 300 from a 2.0t isnā€™t bad.

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0L Flash Tune With Superchips Flashpaq Tuning For Jeep Wrangler JL 1633465741435

Found this on the jb4 forum today. 320hp and 445 ftlbs to the wheels on pump gas. 333hp and 470 ftlbs on race gas from a 2.0t Jeep. Granted the guy modded exhaust, intake, ported the turbo, and obviously turned the boost up but that is awesome. Good to know his is holding up to being turned up that far.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0L Flash Tune With Superchips Flashpaq Tuning For Jeep Wrangler JL 1633465741435

Found this on the jb4 forum today. 320hp and 445 ftlbs to the wheels on pump gas. 333hp and 470 ftlbs on race gas from a 2.0t Jeep. Granted the guy modded exhaust, intake, ported the turbo, and obviously turned the boost up but that is awesome. Good to know his is holding up to being turned up that far.
445 lb-ft at the wheels... it is probably more than the 392, 4xe, and diesel.

image.png

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Has anyone run the tazer mini with the superchips tuner? I wired the front locker to one of the aux switches and need to be able to turn off the factory front locker so that the service locker warning is off and the rear still works like factory. Will the tazer function as the security bypass for the superchips or do I have to swap between the 2 bypass modules?

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
16 JK, 18 JL 2.0T, 22 Wagoneer 3.0TT
Occupation
Senior Category Manager ā€“ Domestic Tuning at Holley
Has anyone run the tazer mini with the superchips tuner? I wired the front locker to one of the aux switches and need to be able to turn off the factory front locker so that the service locker warning is off and the rear still works like factory. Will the tazer function as the security bypass for the superchips or do I have to swap between the 2 bypass modules?
We may need to test this. I am not sure if its something we have tried, but I would guess you can flash through it since it functions as a bypass.
It will either work or wont, as in you'll get an error if its not happy, so shouldn't be any harm in trying it.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
We may need to test this. I am not sure if its something we have tried, but I would guess you can flash through it since it functions as a bypass.
It will either work or wont, as in you'll get an error if its not happy, so shouldn't be any harm in trying it.
My ecu should be here this week, I'll give it a shot.

Sponsored

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Let us know how it goes!
Wouldn't boot up the initial set up of the trail dash 3 with the tazer mini as the bypass module. Switched to the superchips gateway plug. Saved info from original ecu. Swapped in unlocked ecu. Holy hell is writing the original back up files slow. 45 minutes in and not tuning yet. I hope it goes faster once it's done all of this for subsequent changes.

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Wouldn't boot up the initial set up of the trail dash 3 with the tazer mini as the bypass module. Switched to the superchips gateway plug. Saved info from original ecu. Swapped in unlocked ecu. Holy hell is writing the original back up files slow. 45 minutes in and not tuning yet. I hope it goes faster once it's done all of this for subsequent changes.
Hopefully you will make it work. I am curious about how the power gains feel. I think I would benefit from this tune after going to 35s. I didnā€™t felt any difference but having that tuned power curve would be great. Did you ordered a ECM to keep your original?

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Hopefully you will make it work. I am curious about how the power gains feel. I think I would benefit from this tune after going to 35s. I didnā€™t felt any difference but having that tuned power curve would be great. Did you ordered a ECM to keep your original?
Power gains are definitely noticeable. The transmission shifts are more firm. Only took it on a quick test drive but so far so good. I still need to reinstall the tazer, so I have a service axle locker warning light due to my disconnected front locker. Otherwise no warning lights and the jeep seems happy. Once the tazer is back in, I'll do some 0-60 runs for more accurate measuring of gains. Before the tuner, 0-60 averaged 7.54 to 7.58 on 37's.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Power gains are definitely noticeable. The transmission shifts are more firm. Only took it on a quick test drive but so far so good. I still need to reinstall the tazer, so I have a service axle locker warning light due to my disconnected front locker. Otherwise no warning lights and the jeep seems happy. Once the tazer is back in, I'll do some 0-60 runs for more accurate measuring of gains. Before the tuner, 0-60 averaged 7.54 to 7.58 on 37's.
Got some 0-60 runs in today, average 6.9 to 7.1 with a best run of 6.88s. Same payload, although I did bolt the hilift back on the bumper since the before testing. It will be 3ish weeks before I can get out on the trails and test out 4LO and possibly the charging issue. I'd say shaving a half second off the 0-60 was worth the price of admission anyway.
Sponsored