Initial impressions of my Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT’s

Category5Bronado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I'm curious how much of a drop in fuel economy others are seeing. I'm thinking of switching from my current Duratracs to these tires but the extra 10lbs per tire makes me wonder how much of a hit I'd take on economy.
1-2 mpg for me. But I also switched from stock to wider wheels and then 35s.
Sponsored

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Where has everyone ordered these tires from? Looking to go to 37s from 35s on my JLUR. Currently running KM3s. Any good deals currently you have found?

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone having issues with the wear or feathering? I had to return my set of 35s last week and need to either have a new set sent, or swap to a different tire. I was told by discount tire that they are seeing issues with feathering on these (2 of mine were really badly feathered from factory). when I called 4wp, they also confirmed they also heard the same.

I have not heard of anyone having issues with Mickey Thompsons before so was wondering if there was any smoke to this fire?

on a positive note, these can be mounted (35s) on factory wheels for anyone wondering. I did not end up doing it, but could have.

Category5Bronado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Anyone having issues with the wear or feathering? I had to return my set of 35s last week and need to either have a new set sent, or swap to a different tire. I was told by discount tire that they are seeing issues with feathering on these (2 of mine were really badly feathered from factory). when I called 4wp, they also confirmed they also heard the same.

I have not heard of anyone having issues with Mickey Thompsons before so was wondering if there was any smoke to this fire?

on a positive note, these can be mounted (35s) on factory wheels for anyone wondering. I did not end up doing it, but could have.
Do you have pictures of yours feathering? I just put 4,000 miles on mine and don’t think I noticed anything yet.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have pictures of yours feathering? I just put 4,000 miles on mine and don’t think I noticed anything yet.
Nope, already shipped back. The outside and inside tread blocks had 1/8" or higher difference on each side if the sipes. It was like the mold had issues or something. 3 were not like that at all, one was not as bad as the other.

Im still planning to order them again as I really liked them but wanted to see if anyone else noticed any issues.

Sponsored

Category5Bronado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Nope, already shipped back. The outside and inside tread blocks had 1/8" or higher difference on each side if the sipes. It was like the mold had issues or something. 3 were not like that at all, one was not as bad as the other.

Im still planning to order them again as I really liked them but wanted to see if anyone else noticed any issues.
Could you maybe find a picture/example of what to look for? I’ll take a look at mine closer to see if I have any issues.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Could you maybe find a picture/example of what to look for? I’ll take a look at mine closer to see if I have any issues.
here is one I found.

I checked with a few people I know running these and they are not seeing issues. I think ill just wait it out for these to come back in stock as I really liked them. My second choice would be going with Ridge Grapplers again, but I want the 3 peak rating for my plans for this winter.

BD73DAC1-283E-4636-8E67-C2FEF731025E.png

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
16-17k on mine so far. 3 rotations. No issues. Even wear. 295/70/18

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Update: MUCH more mud last Sunday. They did outstanding! I’m blown away with NO qualifier like saying “for an AT Hybrid”. I never wanted for traction in clay and water filled holes I didn’t enjoy dropping down into. lol

I’m becoming a fanboy I think.The last test will be snow and we plan to go to the UP in January.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Update: MUCH more mud last Sunday. They did outstanding! I’m blown away with NO qualifier like saying “for an AT Hybrid”. I never wanted for traction in clay and water filled holes I didn’t enjoy dropping down into. lol

I’m becoming a fanboy I think.The last test will be snow and we plan to go to the UP in January.
hows your MPG with them? any change as they wear?

still have not got a replacement set of tires yet so these are high on my list if I csn find them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
hows your MPG with them? any change as they wear?

still have not got a replacement set of tires yet so these are high on my list if I csn find them.
20. No change since new. 18k miles so far.

Category5Bronado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
My mpg with them is around 16. I used them in Colorado in some snow in the mountains and they did great. It was on passes though so idk how well they will do on snow covered roads.

David P.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
What psi is everyone running their 37” ATs at cold and up to temp?

David P.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I’ve got my 35s at 30psi cold 32 warm. I still feel like I could go lower for an even contact patch.
That’s the same I’m running in 37s and I’m certain there isn’t an even contact patch….with 8.5” wide wheels too…
Sponsored