Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I find it odd they used a 1.5" lift instead of the Mopar 2" lift. Should we read between the lines and if the 1.5" lift is better will it be offered?
I keep seeing this repeatedly. I think people misunderstand what Mopar and many otter aftermarket suppliers mean when they say 2" lift kit.

First, the Mopar lift kit is 2" over the Rubicon, which already sits ˜1"+ higher than a non-Rubicon Jeep. So now we are at a 3"+ lift. Second, it is 2" on a fully loaded vehicle (steel bumpers, hard top, etc), with some provision for aftermarket equipment (e.g. winch, etc). So that put's you in the neighborhood of a 4" lift if you install it on a non-Rubicon model.

1.5" vs ˜4" is a completely different proposition.

Now, some companies like Rancho and Superlift for example will list different lift kits for Rubicon and non-Rubicon models to better inform buyers.

So, this 1.5" of lift on this Willys, is probably more like ˜0.5"-1" higher than a regular Rubicon. Not even in the ball park of what you'd get with a Mopar lift.
Sponsored

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
35s on a unlimited looks like 32s on a Jeep, I mean 2 door.

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
I keep seeing this repeatedly. I think people misunderstand what Mopar and many otter aftermarket suppliers mean when they say 2" lift kit.

First, the Mopar lift kit is 2" over the Rubicon, which already sits ˜1"+ higher than a non-Rubicon Jeep. So now we are at a 3"+ lift. Second, it is 2" on a fully loaded vehicle (steel bumpers, hard top, etc), with some provision for aftermarket equipment (e.g. winch, etc). So that put's you in the neighborhood of a 4" lift if you install it on a non-Rubicon model.

Now, some companies like Rancho and Superlift for example will list different lift kits for Rubicon and non-Rubicon models to better inform buyers.

So, this 1.5" of lift on this Willys, is probably more like ˜0.5"-1" higher than a regular Rubicon. Not even in the ball park of what you'd get with a Mopar lift.

I thought the we were talking about Rubicon xtreme recon? I was just stating but really don't know if they put on a 2" Mopar lift and just called it a 1.5" It comes with different shocks so I'll wait to see what else is different. Any lift and weight added is going to alter your end dimensions but it's fun to talk about

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Does the XR come with Iron or Aluminum knuckles?

Sponsored

rmenley

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

So the recon pkg on the Willy’s actually comes with a suspension that’s more stout than the stock rubicon (front wide 44 axle with iron knuckles, HD brakes, etc) and it also comes with the high line flares, so it’s a little different situation. The recon pkg comes with slightly longer coils which are essentially the same coils on the 392. So the height of a Willys recon and a rubi recon are going to be the same. Jeep isn’t putting that much effort into different suspensions on the pkg. be too difficult to mass produce.

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
So the recon pkg on the Willy’s actually comes with a suspension that’s more stout than the stock rubicon (front wide 44 axle with iron knuckles, HD brakes, etc) and it also comes with the high line flares, so it’s a little different situation. The recon pkg comes with slightly longer coils which are essentially the same coils on the 392. So the height of a Willys recon and a rubi recon are going to be the same. Jeep isn’t putting that much effort into different suspensions on the pkg. be too difficult to mass produce.
This may mean a Willys XR buyer will get more for that $4,000 than a 392 XR buyer.

Raybone

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ
The Xtreme Recon package is still very limited in my opinion. I can't select the Xtreme Recon package in a two-door model, with the 2.0-liter engine, in a 4xe variant, EcoDiesel, nor with the 6-speed manual transmission.
The XR package should be offered across the board. Why not in the diesel? Your Right!

Sponsored

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
4.56 gears, wide track HD Gladiator front M210 with cast knuckles, 392 performance big brakes, a lift, and bead lock capable wheels with 35s sounds like a great deal for only $4k. I’d Easily spend that just replacing tires And wheels.

AdamH

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4Xe
4.56 gears, wide track HD Gladiator front M210 with cast knuckles, 392 performance big brakes, a lift, and bead lock capable wheels with 35s sounds like a great deal for only $4k. I’d Easily spend that just replacing tires And wheels.
Hit the nail on the head.

Assuming 4.56s are enough for a person's needs a regear alone is $3k give or take plus a programmer is needed for the change. Add in the tires and wheels and the rest of the package $4k is a bargain

As long as the gear ratio and wheels are keepers you are way ahead getting the package directly from the factory.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Hit the nail on the head.

Assuming 4.56s are enough for a person's needs a regear alone is $3k give or take plus a programmer is needed for the change. Add in the tires and wheels and the rest of the package $4k is a bargain

As long as the gear ratio and wheels are keepers you are way ahead getting the package directly from the factory.
To me personally, just the HD front housing is Worth 4K.

Breathe Jeep

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURxr pending...
After about 2.5K miles and one oil change, my XR is getting about 17 mpg, mostly DD and a couple road trips. I tend to drive like an old lady with kids in the car, won't lie. For those with more miles on the clock, did you see an improvement in mileage and when did that come for you?

halewest

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
The Xtreme Recon package is still very limited in my opinion. I can't select the Xtreme Recon package in a two-door model, with the 2.0-liter engine, in a 4xe variant, EcoDiesel, nor with the 6-speed manual transmission.
Putting 35's on a 2 door Jeep is kinda suicide in my opinion, they already suffer from stability a bit with a 4door, I guess if you never want to drive on the actual road ever it would be ok.
Sponsored