Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I wish they actually made the fenders wider.
I think you are the minority. Dozens of aftermarket flares, and I can’t think of a single one that is wider than stock. If there was sufficient demand, there would be aftermarket wide flares. Any wider and dot would require clearance lights like the raptor, trx, and duallies run.
Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I think you are the minority. Dozens of aftermarket flares, and I can’t think of a single one that is wider than stock. If there was sufficient demand, there would be aftermarket wide flares. Any wider and dot would require clearance lights like the raptor, trx, and duallies run.
I'm pretty sure that limit is 80". The regular F150 is 79.9", and the JL is 73.8".

I might be in the minority, but I'm a sucker for this sort of thing:
8c20b0c999cfdba9821f83e51af26196.jpg

Also DV8 makes some, but they look so bad in this photo:
8-offroad-wide-fenders-jl-fdjl-04-front-angle-view.jpg

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I'm pretty sure that limit is 80". The regular F150 is 79.9", and the JL is 73.8".

I might be in the minority, but I'm a sucker for this sort of thing:
8c20b0c999cfdba9821f83e51af26196.jpg

Also DV8 makes some, but they look so bad in this photo:
8-offroad-wide-fenders-jl-fdjl-04-front-angle-view.jpg
The DV8 ones wouldn't look so bad with the appropriate wheels and tires to fill them out. Definitely look ridiculous on stock sport or Sahara wheels and tires. A set of 37×13.50's with more offset wheels and those fenders would look pretty good.

Benedict chu

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw 328 wagon
I’d have to say after having a 2020 rubicon, no lift…a 2021 Gladiator, Mopar lift, stock wheels & 35’s,….this feels much smoother, feels like it’s gearing is “right” or more natural, so to speak, vs the other two. I drove some short steep inclines, VERY mountainous roads, that are very twisty (many hairpin turns, etc…), and this felt very solid, not much body roll, and the brakes are strong. Although when sitting next to a stock 392 at the dealer, there was very little height difference, maybe 3/4 inch higher than the 382 , if that. Overall as comfortable as any JL I’ve driven. I’m very pleased
Thank you for the review . I did a comparison of 392 and a regular rubicon and the 392 sat slightly lower . Could it be possible that the xtreme recon and the regular rubicon has very little difference . I am trying to analyze whether or not rails with steps are necessary . I am 5’6” in height and concerned about the kids getting in the car without me tossing them in :)

DZLJLUR

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD 4x4
Better shocks, better springs, and likely stock ride height after winch and bumper up front and gear loaded in the rear. I'd add adjustable lca's as I prefer more caster than even a stock Rubicon usually has. Point being, you'd barely be in any more than you already are, and the labor is the same. As far as a quality adjustable shock, you'll have to spend quite a bit for those.
https://www.extremeterrain.com/skyj...el-lift-kit-w-m95-shocks-2018-jl-rubicon.html
Zach - What are thoughts on this skyjacker lift. How does it ride compared to stock Rubicon ? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Cheers
DZL

Sponsored

Gsr1416

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jku, 2016 e350, 2013 m5
As promised, more pics now that its daylight, and steps installed…
Jeep Wrangler JL Picked up my Rubicon Xtreme Recon - pics and first review / impressions 8-offroad-wide-fenders-jl-fdjl-04-front-angle-view
Jeep Wrangler JL Picked up my Rubicon Xtreme Recon - pics and first review / impressions 8-offroad-wide-fenders-jl-fdjl-04-front-angle-view
Nice! Curious how the fuel economy is now? Big difference in drive vs stock jlu?

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Zach - What are thoughts on this skyjacker lift. How does it ride compared to stock Rubicon ? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Cheers
DZL
No idea, I’ve never run it. The dual rate springs should help the sag issue when loaded that was a major issue on our rubicon when it was stock. The shocks are better quality than the stock shocks, but I cant speak to their valving. They are also longer than stock so flex would be improved as well.

OP
OP
Richris1

Richris1

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon 392
Thank you for the review . I did a comparison of 392 and a regular rubicon and the 392 sat slightly lower . Could it be possible that the xtreme recon and the regular rubicon has very little difference . I am trying to analyze whether or not rails with steps are necessary . I am 5’6” in height and concerned about the kids getting in the car without me tossing them in :)
The height as far as I could visibility see, as I had it next to a 392, was just slightly higher than the 392, maybe 3/4 to 1 inch. I just personally like the convenience of a step no matter the height, so as not to to keep sliding up and down the bolster (extra unnecessary wear IMO) every time I get in or out , and I’m 5’9”. Definitely advantageous if you have small children.
Nice! Curious how the fuel economy is now? Big difference in drive vs stock jlu?
averaging 17-18 mpg.
IMO, the ride is the same, comfort wise, as a standard JLUR, very pleased with it.
But the gearing, shifts, engine revs, etc…and overall smoothness is better with this setup.
Great color
Thank you! It’s a great color, and I have a very similar color on my F150 (leadfoot)

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Im a little confused about your red dash. I thought the 392’s came with a gray or silver dash?

Sponsored

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
Im a little confused about your red dash. I thought the 392’s came with a gray or silver dash?
Not sure who you are referring to here, but 392's come with the painted gloss gray dash.

Av8Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
The height as far as I could visibility see, as I had it next to a 392, was just slightly higher than the 392, maybe 3/4 to 1 inch. I just personally like the convenience of a step no matter the height, so as not to to keep sliding up and down the bolster (extra unnecessary wear IMO) every time I get in or out , and I’m 5’9”. Definitely advantageous if you have small children.

averaging 17-18 mpg.
IMO, the ride is the same, comfort wise, as a standard JLUR, very pleased with it.
But the gearing, shifts, engine revs, etc…and overall smoothness is better with this setup.

Thank you! It’s a great color, and I have a very similar color on my F150 (leadfoot)
Jeep Wrangler JL Picked up my Rubicon Xtreme Recon - pics and first review / impressions JEEP-10

rmenley

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
It’s about a 3-3.5 inch lift over standard JL, + the height of the fenders giving it that extra perceived height. I’d say it’s about an inch to 1.5 higher than a mopar lifted Sahara, although I haven’t made a side by side comparison other than next to a stock 392. That seemed very close in height, maybe the XR being 3/4 to 1 inch taller.
[/QUOT

Curious on the 1.5 “lift” as I’m looking at the xr pkg. do you know what components this consists of? I assume the springs are longer. How about the shocks ? Thinking if this is a longer shock, I can throw in some small spacers, , add some adjustable front LCAs, chop the fenders and call it legit good for 37s.

rodneyladd

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR
Apparently they will be available at some point. I haven’t decided if I’ll leave them or take them off. They’re really not too gaudy or noticeable IMO, and the rocks not be thrown around off the tires to possibly hit the Jeep, might be ok :)

thank you very much!
Looks great...can hardly wait to drive ours when we get home

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I have a 2018 Rubicon on which I've installed the Mopar lift, beadlock wheels on KO2 35s, and tailgate reinforcement/oversize tire kit, among other things. Do I essentially have an Xtreme Recon?
Sponsored