Sponsored

Gupton custom order timeline

Jfmoore79

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door - Just Ordered!
I appreciate your posts. I had a great experience ordering from Gupton and even though my JLR is in storage waiting to be shipped…probably another 4 weeks based on posts here…its nice to hear how the pick up process goes. I am having them do a lift and tires before I pick mine so the wait may be even longer. On a side note, Matt in their service department is quick to respond and easy to deal with.
Sponsored

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, 4xe
For anyone who bought through Gupton and used their financing, do they hack one of those GPS trackers into the wiring harness like some dealers do?

grim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2020 Triumph Street Triple RS
Occupation
IT
For anyone who bought through Gupton and used their financing, do they hack one of those GPS trackers into the wiring harness like some dealers do?
Not based on my recent experience with them.

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
I'm sure people get tired of my posts, but they can always just scroll on by. I'm just trying to help others here as they have helped me.

On Guptons, I'm pretty sure they will stop unless people develop some patience.

They are a tiny dealership processing massive amounts of rigs for very slim margins.

Can you imagine getting hundreds of emails and calls from angry and/or impatient people when the build/ship delays are totally out of your control and you are killing yourself already, working 10-12 hour days and on your days off getting the units ready to deliver. It would wear on you over time.

I know I may come off as a shill or Gupton fan boy, but honestly, its just the thought of having to buy a vehicle the usual way again makes me half sick.
Completely agree, I e-mailed them a couple of times to tweak my order, and then with my Tread Lightly Control #. After that, I'm staying quiet. They are able to do this because of the lower overhead, so........basically don't abuse it.

kumbaya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara 4XE
not gonna lie...

hard to be patient wait for them to contact you while knowing your jeep is just sitting there waiting to be picked up 😔

im trying my best haha 😅

i emailed last week and no response. i'll assume thats good news and they are just trying to schedule times even tho sucks to see others posting about getting responses and being able to pick up while mine is just waiting lol

need to plan a week long trip in the next month but hard to not knowing whats up w the jeep. will prob just schedule my trip and hopefully work out something with daniel later

Last edited:

Sponsored

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
I'm sure people get tired of my posts, but they can always just scroll on by. I'm just trying to help others here as they have helped me.

On Guptons, I'm pretty sure they will stop unless people develop some patience.

They are a tiny dealership processing massive amounts of rigs for very slim margins.

Can you imagine getting hundreds of emails and calls from angry and/or impatient people when the build/ship delays are totally out of your control and you are killing yourself already, working 10-12 hour days and on your days off getting the units ready to deliver. It would wear on you over time.

I know I may come off as a shill or Gupton fan boy, but honestly, its just the thought of having to buy a vehicle the usual way again makes me half sick.
I also liked your posts and enjoyed hearing your experience. Certainly tempered my expectations too...hopefully in the end will be a "at least my wait wasn't as bad at that guys" haha.

And yeah, I feel like this process should be Zen 101 for some people...just accept it will take as long as it takes. Simple to say, but hard to understand. For me I've channeled the energy into getting excited about learning way more about how cars work in general, and spending a lot of time on the forums learning more about Jeeps, mods, off roading, etc.

Last point, I totally agree on the dealership experience. I bought my last car 7 years ago and it was a nightmare during every step of the process. One of my regrets is I went with the dealer with the lowest price by a really slim margin, versus passing up this much more straightforward dealership that seemed like it was run by better people. In this case, it couldn't have been easier, and Gupton's deal was better than the other dealers around me by quite a bit, so yeah, give the money to someone who deserves it, and I'll save the rest and take a vacation.

Zacreth

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gecko 4xe
Yea i've ordered my 4xe on 8/11 and have been checking on Crypto like every day the last 3 weeks...lol.
Yesterday I was notified that my build sheet was up and then today my sticker was up. So now it's the waiting game for shipping but I thought that was only 1 week but I guess I'm hearing that it's 4 week. 😭

That's okay I'll wait for the email and then plan accordingly.

OP
OP

barometer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
Yea i've ordered my 4xe on 8/11 and have been checking on Crypto like every day the last 3 weeks...lol.
Yesterday I was notified that my build sheet was up and then today my sticker was up. So now it's the waiting game for shipping but I thought that was only 1 week but I guess I'm hearing that it's 4 week. 😭

That's okay I'll wait for the email and then plan accordingly.
Sweet.

Am I the only one who got the Build sheet on Crypto (09/21) and it's been 2.5 weeks and no sign of the sticker? :-/
Almost everyone who got the Build, got the sticker immediately after.

cooperjet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave 06 MINI Cooper S
Sweet.

Am I the only one who got the Build sheet on Crypto (09/21) and it's been 2.5 weeks and no sign of the sticker? :-/
Nope. Our sticker showed up the day it shipped roughly and the build sheet was a few days later. My gladiator was the opposite.

Big_Lebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2016 JKUR Rock Crawler
Occupation
I glow in the dark!
Sweet.

Mine sat back in Body Vendor status ("installation of additional equipment")for 16 days after being built. Sticker came as soon as it was released to shipping.

Sponsored

kumbaya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara 4XE
just did my credit application today!

hoping to pick up on the 22nd 🤞

docmac

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 4xe
holy cow...
I ordered from Gupton on 8/19. Great experience. I've used online chat for updates since then - they just give basic info. Last time I chatted, they said that parts were finally collected and awaiting assembly. When I inquired about potential build date or a status code, I was told that they didn't have access to that info.

I've seen others sharing that info here about their orders, so I tried the telephone chat line at Jeep today; the agent couldn't even find my vehicle or order number. Ugh.

How do you folks find out more specific info like projected build dates, order status codes, and such?

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
holy cow...
I ordered from Gupton on 8/19. Great experience. I've used online chat for updates since then - they just give basic info. Last time I chatted, they said that parts were finally collected and awaiting assembly. When I inquired about potential build date or a status code, I was told that they didn't have access to that info.

I've seen others sharing that info here about their orders, so I tried the telephone chat line at Jeep today; the agent couldn't even find my vehicle or order number. Ugh.

How do you folks find out more specific info like projected build dates, order status codes, and such?
The first time I talked to Jeep customer service on the phone they had trouble pulling up my VIN, but was eventually able to find it with the VON. Jeep Chat has been my primary contact for status check. They never provide projected dates until the very end, after mine was shipped.

I emailed Daniel once when I got to D1 and he was able to give me an estimated build date; but the actual build date slipped few days. I try not to bother Gupton too much and didn't contact them again until mine was delivered - that's when you'll be able to see your vehicle listed on their website.

One thing I've found out - due to my inexperience with financing a vehicle - is that if you plan to use your own financing, they require you to bring the check cut by your bank / financing company. It doesn't appear to be that they can work directly with your bank or financing company on the spot.

docmac

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 4xe
The first time I talked to Jeep customer service on the phone they had trouble pulling up my VIN, but was eventually able to find it with the VON. Jeep Chat has been my primary contact for status check. They never provide projected dates until the very end, after mine was shipped.

I emailed Daniel once when I got to D1 and he was able to give me an estimated build date; but the actual build date slipped few days. I try not to bother Gupton too much and didn't contact them again until mine was delivered - that's when you'll be able to see your vehicle listed on their website.

QUOTE]

Thanks, rent. By Jeep Chat, I presume you mean the online chat. I feel the same way about not bothering Gupton. I know I'm just like a kid, wanting to know how much longer until Christmas....

I followed your lead, though, and emailed Daniel. He responded promptly and confirmed that my order was in D1 status with a ship date of 10/26! So I'm still crossing my fingers that my Wrangler will be in my garage before Thanksgiving. That has been my guess (though hoping earlier) all along. Thanks for the advice.

Jeeper1941

First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler

One thing I've found out - due to my inexperience with financing a vehicle - is that if you plan to use your own financing, they require you to bring the check cut by your bank / financing company. It doesn't appear to be that they can work directly with your bank or financing company on the spot.
Is this true for every credit union? I was planning on hearing their offers and then if they are to high to contact my credit union through phone.
Sponsored