Speedometer calibration

Elliott

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JL
Anyone had problems at dealer getting it calibrated for bigger tires ?
Sponsored

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Anyone had problems at dealer getting it calibrated for bigger tires ?
Well...not really a problem but have been told to come back about week after the vehicle information is updated at Jeep..... not sure what that means but I took it as 1) Cant do you speedo retune right now and 2)Have to wait for red tape on the sale of the Jeep to get in the system so they can reprogram it.

Since I was also told to bring it back after 1000 miles to have all the suspension parts tightened ... they will do it at that time. At the rate of milage going on my Jeep I anticipate it going back in at the beginning of next week. I will let you know how it goes.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
There's another thread with a lot of info on this subject in/on the JLWF titled --
"Dealership can now reprogram / calibrate speedometer and odometer for bigger tires"

draffind

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
None of the dealerships around me have a clue how to do it. The one dealer I did find flat out refused to service my Jeep because I didn't buy it from him. So far not impressed by the service and support of the Jeep brand for this new vehicle

Sponsored

Skippy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco 351W, 2021 Rubicon 4xe
None of the dealerships around me have a clue how to do it. The one dealer I did find flat out refused to service my Jeep because I didn't buy it from him. So far not impressed by the service and support of the Jeep brand for this new vehicle
Wow that sounds like a pretty rare occurrence there. I would def reach out to @JeepCares and let them know. They should be able to do something about that. Not all dealers are like that. In fact from my experience with Jeep versus other brands is although they don't know the most about their own cars they definitely are willing to go above and beyond to fix an issue or find out if it can be fixed or warrantied before making me pay out of pocket.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I had to go to 3 dealerships to find one that knew what I was talking about. :headbang:

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I had to go to 3 dealerships to find one that knew what I was talking about. :headbang:
Did they do it? How much did they charge?

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Did they do it? How much did they charge?
I'm having it done tomorrow...$125...will prob have them adjust my TPMS too but just have to decide to what level.
Sponsored