Sponsored

Mojito! now available to order!

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
We're (car salesman) not all shady, Im excited for my clients who get to special order there Jeeps! I have fun going thru item by item and building it for them! I sell Jeep brand because its what I truly believe in and my clients know that. I bought my first Jeep at 22 and never looked back.

I've said this before, but your dealer should appreciate your business, especially when it comes to the kind of money and credit necessary to purchase a new JL . They should be keeping you up to date on whats happening. Yes we are pushed by mgmt. to sell what on our lot but if you want Punk'N and nothing else then you get Punk'N!!! that's all there is too it.

If anyone in the Midwest area needs assistance in purchasing or ordering and are unhappy with there dealer please feel free to message me. I work in Marshall Missouri and would more than happy to work with you!
You're right. I have a great salesman. He keeps checking for my VIN and let's me know it's not there. He also doesn't pretend to know things he doesn't know. In fact, he knows I get a lot of inside info and he messages me asking for his other customers lol
Sponsored

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
I keep getting this feeling that Mojito will not arrive until the 2019 model year. Then Jeep will tell all of the people who ordered the 2018 version that we will have to pay the model price increases that will inevitably be tacked on.

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
I'd immediately be looking for a new dealer that isn't telling me lies just to get me to buy another one now.
No one said he was telling lies, just not up to the knowledge I seem to get from this forum. Let’s be real here, this forums members has a lot of inside information or first hand responses!

This sales guy is a top behind the scene salesman! He does not work the floor and has access to work several different types of auto dealers within the same company. He has done many great deals for the people I know (well over 60), and you do not get that being shady! He however has an assistant working for him that may be getting lesser known info then this site! Kudos to the members of this site! I talked to him again today and explained where my info comes from and that I am willing to wait for the color I want. What the heck, it’s less then a month away anyway. In the meantime I am checking other dealers to see what prices I can receive from them but his will be extremely hard to beat! He’s giving me around 3% under invoice. Which would be really great in my area! He’s also checking on the threadlightly deal and the FCA financing 10% rewards program mentioned on the other thread. He will work with whatever deals he can find for me!

Yes some salesmen can be shady, I have dealt with a few. None of them has ever sold me a car though! Some are really great and care about their customers!

Lindag8r

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MB SLK280; 2015 Acura MDX; 2006 Nissan Armada
Occupation
Pharmacist
We feel the same way. We have had white, silver, black, dark green, and blue vehicles. Since we hang on to our vehicles for 12+ years, I want a unique color that stands out. Our dealer tried to talk us into Ocean Blue (because he has one inbound equipped the way we want), but we said we wanted the Mojito. If we are going to spend $45K plus, we want the color we want. We are going to be spending a lot of years with it, so we better like it!

Lindag8r

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pharmacist

Sponsored

OP
OP
buried20kleague

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi
Why do you think this is a “No?” Be gentle...I’m a newbie
Dealers can’t currently order mojito. Ordering was open for a week-ish and now it’s closed again. No one knows why for sure, and no one knows when it will reopen.

Mojito is also not currently being made. Rumor is mid May. No one knows if that’s legit or if it might get pushed further back.

Plus once ordering IS reopened and your dealer can place an order, he’s in the back of the line. Vehicles that are sold units get built before dealer stock orders... that’s FCA policy. So if he says he’s ordering one so you can see the color, he wouldn’t have it till likely July. Maybe later. And if he’s ordering one that’s marked as “sold” to you, you’re likely still going to have to wait 12 weeks.

By your post you made it sound like the dealer is placing an order for one for you and also quickly ordering one for his stock so you can see it first.

None of that is possible. Not right now.

If that’s the message he was giving you, I would suggest getting a new dealer because he’s either misleading you or just clueless. Neither option should be acceptable to you.

OP
OP
buried20kleague

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi
We feel the same way. We have had white, silver, black, dark green, and blue vehicles. Since we hang on to our vehicles for 12+ years, I want a unique color that stands out. Our dealer tried to talk us into Ocean Blue (because he has one inbound equipped the way we want), but we said we wanted the Mojito. If we are going to spend $45K plus, we want the color we want. We are going to be spending a lot of years with it, so we better like it!
Another reason I would think about a new dealer... he should never try to talk you into something you didn’t ask for.

Lindag8r

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pharmacist
Dealers can’t currently order mojito. Ordering was open for a week-ish and now it’s closed again. No one knows why for sure, and no one knows when it will reopen.

Mojito is also not currently being made. Rumor is mid May. No one knows if that’s legit or if it might get pushed further back.

Plus once ordering IS reopened and your dealer can place an order, he’s in the back of the line. Vehicles that are sold units get built before dealer stock orders... that’s FCA policy. So if he says he’s ordering one so you can see the color, he wouldn’t have it till likely July. Maybe later. And if he’s ordering one that’s marked as “sold” to you, you’re likely still going to have to wait 12 weeks.

By your post you made it sound like the dealer is placing an order for one for you and also quickly ordering one for his stock so you can see it first.

If that’s the message he was giving you, I would suggest getting a new dealer because he’s either misleading you or just clueless. Neither option should be acceptable to you.
I agree with getting a new dealer.

You have an excellent point regarding getting a new dealer. I have the feeling if I didn’t want to buy something on the lot, then I was out of luck. The dealer made it sound like he would order a blue (my distant second choice) one for me if I wanted. Gee, thanks...

I appreciate the feedback on the Mojito color. If they are having issues with the color, then maybe I am better going with something other than Mojito. The last thing I want to deal with is having paint issues for the next decade plus.

Thanks for the information and the insight! Happy to be part of the forum!

OP
OP
buried20kleague

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi
I agree with getting a new dealer.

You have an excellent point regarding getting a new dealer. I have the feeling if I didn’t want to buy something on the lot, then I was out of luck. The dealer made it sound like he would order a blue (my distant second choice) one for me if I wanted. Gee, thanks...

I appreciate the feedback on the Mojito color. If they are having issues with the color, then maybe I am better going with something other than Mojito. The last thing I want to deal with is having paint issues for the next decade plus.

Thanks for the information and the insight! Happy to be part of the forum!
My advice would be to wait two weeks. By then the rumored start date for mojito will have passed, and we’ll all know what’s going on. Don’t run away from mojito when there may be no reason to. Once they start making them there won’t be a reason to worry it won’t be right.

Just wait a little longer and hopefully get what you really want rather than a distant second choice.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
My advice would be to wait two weeks. By then the rumored start date for mojito will have passed, and we’ll all know what’s going on. Don’t run away from mojito when there may be no reason to. Once they start making them there won’t be a reason to worry it won’t be right.

Just wait a little longer and hopefully get what you really want rather than a distant second choice.
Stop encouraging people to stay! I prefer not to have a lot of Mojitos running around :cwl:

Sponsored

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a VON for my Mojito order. I had my dealer request a TRMS delete to prevent a delivery delay. Jeep replied NO...everything in my order was locked up, even tho' I still do not have a VIN.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
I have a VON for my Mojito order. I had my dealer request a TRMS delete to prevent a delivery delay. Jeep replied NO...everything in my order was locked up, even tho' I still do not have a VIN.
Your dealer needs to reach out to their rep. It can be done easily.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"MojitoJLUR": Nope...my dealer was in contact with his rep...and then the next step up the Jeep ladder. He sent me a followup email today. He said he plead and begged to delete the TRMS because I still only had a VON. Jeep was emphatic that NO changes were allowed. No further explanation. He did not understand why they gave the answer they did. "Jeep's reasoning is muddy as the Yangtse in the Spring...young grasshopper".

Update: several other Forum members have also confirmed a 'lock' on their initial VON orders. They also wanted to remove the TRMS from their orders and were firmly told that nothing could be changed.

Last edited:

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
I am concerned about this as well, but considering Mojito continues to be delayed the TRMS might not be the hold up... :headbang: