Sponsored

Correct TPMS for a 2019

exilepa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Seems like a simple question but yet I can't discern the correct answer. What is the correct TPMS I need for a 2019 Sport S Unlimited? I see 2 different part numbers thrown around. It looks like Schrader 20398 was the original and that Schrader 29093 is either the new or replacement part number? Is the newer 29093 part backwards compatible to my 2019 TPMS system? I didn't realize a sensor going bad would cause me this much confusion!
Sponsored

OP
OP

exilepa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
You want 29093. 20398 were the older ones and yes they are both the same and cross compatible. 20398 is now being discontinued. 29093 will be the one and only.
Awesome, thanks! I thought that was the case. I'm having that one installed today. The ebay cheapo set for $50 for 5 is coming back to bite me.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Awesome, thanks! I thought that was the case. I'm having that one installed today. The ebay cheapo set for $50 for 5 is coming back to bite me.
I try to worn people. Not all on Ebay and Amazon is bad you just need to know what you are buying. The cheapest is not always the best with TPMS. If you stick with the top brands like Huf/BHsens, Schrader, VDO/Continental, Pacific (really only for Toyota) you will be good. The rest are all from China and they are hit and miss.

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS
I try to worn people. Not all on Ebay and Amazon is bad you just need to know what you are buying. The cheapest is not always the best with TPMS. If you stick with the top brands like Huf/BHsens, Schrader, VDO/Continental, Pacific (really only for Toyota) you will be good. The rest are all from China and they are hit and miss.

Thanks for confirming the new/updated 29093 TPMS number @Goin2drt . I'll be ordering a set a 5 from you at some point next Spring when I order my new 35's. I haven't decided yet between the KO2's or the KM3's.

By the way, what TPMS would you recommend for a 2010 Camaro SS?

I had one go bad last year and replaced it with whatever the tire shop had on hand, but that new sensor always reads 1-2 psi lower on the DIC than the others. I'd prefer something with a metal/aluminum valve stem if possible.

Appologies to @exilepa for hijacking your post.

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Thanks for confirming the new/updated 29093 TPMS number @Goin2drt . I'll be ordering a set a 5 from you at some point next Spring when I order my new 35's. I haven't decided yet between the KO2's or the KM3's.

By the way, what TPMS would you recommend for a 2010 Camaro SS?

I had one go bad last year and replaced it with whatever the tire shop had on hand, but that new sensor always reads 1-2 psi lower on the DIC than the others. I'd prefer something with a metal/aluminum valve stem if possible.

Appologies to @exilepa for hijacking your post.
For that car you can't go wrong with the 33500 (rubber) or 33700 (metal) programable. Schrader makes OEM TPMS and they are tried and proven.

https://www.tpmsbargains.com/CHEVROLET-CAMARO-TPMS-s/1068.htm

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS