Gupton custom order timeline

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
Update: today I got emails from crypto stickers with both a found build sheet and window sticker.
Sponsored

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
My .02
There are so many folks that have been in your space, me included, second guessing color. Unless there is some pressing reason for a change (spouse) I would stay the course. Usually ones first choice is ones best….

Believe me, and yes I made a call to the dealer,it is mental gymnastics through the process. But so worth it driving that new Jeep off the lot in the color you fell for when you first saw it.
Perfect reply - so when I bought my '07 JKU, there was no question, my first car was a '89 XJ, and I always wanted a TJ. I thought the JKU was a perfect match and I knew I wanted red.

15 years - the two colors I've seen that I really liked - Deep Water Blue (the more true blue from around '14 I think) and Sarge Green. I went with Hydro Blue because in person with a black top it was exactly what I want. For whatever reason, I think it's the metallic in the paint, I've second guessed it in pictures, and my wife of course, said she liked the green better. Ha, so here I am..........sticking with my first choice. The other choice on the JKU I regret is by her opinion too, she wanted me to get an automatic so she could drive if need be. 180k miles, and she's driven it maybe 25 of those. I'm getting a manual on this one.

Thanks for helping me talk myself off the ledge.

OP
OP

barometer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
Update: today I got emails from crypto stickers with both a found build sheet and window sticker.
Great news. What was your order date?

Crypto gave me a build sheet a week back but do not have window sticker yet.

Big_Lebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2016 JKUR Rock Crawler
Occupation
I glow in the dark!
Anyone at Gupton today? Mine is supposed to be there per Jeep Chat. White JLURD.

Sponsored

Big_Lebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I glow in the dark!
Didn't know jeep chat actually tells you, it's in the dealer lot. Congrats!
Yeah, they told me that two days ago and I didn't believe them, since Walter said he didn't think it was there yet, but they are swamped with dozens of Jeeps being delivered. I checked JC again today and they confirmed it's there. I can't get there until the 9th. :(

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Yeah, they told me that two days ago and I didn't believe them, since Walter said he didn't think it was there yet, but they are swamped with dozens of Jeeps being delivered. I checked JC again today and they confirmed it's there. I can't get there until the 9th. :(
Same, my White JLUR XR is there. Can't go until the 7th. Daniel said he wouldn't be able to have it ready until next week anyway. I can officially say, "Less than a week". Flying in, driving back.

Big_Lebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I glow in the dark!
Same, my White JLUR XR is there. Can't go until the 7th. Daniel said he wouldn't be able to have it ready until next week anyway. I can officially say, "Less than a week". Flying in, driving back.
This is the way mine will be going back to Iowa. I might have a Subaru on there on the way down. Depends on what $$ Walter comes up with today, for a trade. :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Gupton custom order timeline 20210712_083228

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
Great news. What was your order date?

Crypto gave me a build sheet a week back but do not have window sticker yet.
8/14. On Monday Chat said it was framing, haven't asked for more after the sticker. Trying to stick to that once a week schedule for sanity's sake haha

Sponsored

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
This is the way mine will be going back to Iowa. I might have a Subaru on there on the way down. Depends on what $$ Walter comes up with today, for a trade. :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Gupton custom order timeline 20210712_083228
Nice!!

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
Weekly update for my 8/14 order: "I am seeing your vehicle is in the shipping stage, in transit to your selling dealership. Your delivery to dealership ETA window is: 10/05/2021 - 10/19/2021 it will not be long until the vehicle is delivered to your selling dealership. In this case we can suggest checking back end of week for an update on your order, and staying in touch with your selling dealership"

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Weekly update for my 8/14 order: "I am seeing your vehicle is in the shipping stage, in transit to your selling dealership. Your delivery to dealership ETA window is: 10/05/2021 - 10/19/2021 it will not be long until the vehicle is delivered to your selling dealership. In this case we can suggest checking back end of week for an update on your order, and staying in touch with your selling dealership"
I'm hoping the trucking issue is clearing up, but if you are flying, consider waiting to book your flight(s). Its a double edged sword, if you book early you save money, but you may have to rebook.

They told me the same thing (in transit) literally a month before it actual came. They revised the date 4 times. I rebooked 3 airfare times then finally cancelled and waited til it showed up and had to pay double for my flight.

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
I'm hoping the trucking issue is clearing up, but if you are flying, consider waiting to book your flight(s). Its a double edged sword, if you book early you save money, but you may have to rebook.

They told me the same thing (in transit) literally a month before it actual came. They revised the date 4 times. I rebooked 3 airfare times then finally cancelled and waited til it showed up and had to pay double for my flight.
I remember seeing a bit of your story, and how long it took, and that even when it gets delivered it still takes a bit at Gupton for them to process it all. Definitely gonna heed your advice and wait until I have more concrete info to book.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I remember seeing a bit of your story, and how long it took, and that even when it gets delivered it still takes a bit at Gupton for them to process it all. Definitely gonna heed your advice and wait until I have more concrete info to book.
I'm sure people get tired of my posts, but they can always just scroll on by. I'm just trying to help others here as they have helped me.

On Guptons, I'm pretty sure they will stop unless people develop some patience.

They are a tiny dealership processing massive amounts of rigs for very slim margins.

Can you imagine getting hundreds of emails and calls from angry and/or impatient people when the build/ship delays are totally out of your control and you are killing yourself already, working 10-12 hour days and on your days off getting the units ready to deliver. It would wear on you over time.

I know I may come off as a shill or Gupton fan boy, but honestly, its just the thought of having to buy a vehicle the usual way again makes me half sick.
Sponsored