Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
She's nosed in the garage. Furthest away I can get
Jeep Wrangler JL New 392 Owners Upgrades & Mods 20210926_164420
. Can take another next time I pull her out.
No that’s good I appreciate it. Did it stick to the material? I think the logo on the zeon has a different material so hopefully it sticks fine.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
She's nosed in the garage. Furthest away I can get
Jeep Wrangler JL New 392 Owners Upgrades & Mods 20210926_164420
. Can take another next time I pull her out.
His BD hand is Strong!!! Looks GREAT man WOW

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Those warn decals look good. Are they listed on the site or a custom order thing? Only thing better would be if they were domed like the badge that comes on the winch

Sponsored

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU Rubicon
Those warn decals look good. Are they listed on the site or a custom order thing? Only thing better would be if they were domed like the badge that comes on the winch
Those are a custom order. Feel free to email or message.

Nater34

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392
Has anyone ordered and installed the Clayton or metalclock for their 392 yet? Anyone care to provide why they chose one over the other and/or any issues they might have encountered?
Thanks!

Sponsored

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Has anyone ordered and installed the Clayton or metalclock for their 392 yet? Anyone care to provide why they chose one over the other and/or any issues they might have encountered?
Thanks!
Haven’t installed but I ordered the Metalcloak 3.5” GC last week. It’s already shipped. It’ll get here before my 392XR does 🤣

I was dead set on the Clayton Overland+ kit for a while but was ultimately swayed to Metalcloak due to their bushing design (arguably the best non-Johnny joints in the industry) and their coil spring design. I wanted as much flex as I could get and their joints offer that, they offer more misalignment capability (more flex) than Clayton. Also, they are easily replaceable down the road. Remove the c-clip, use a hammer/socket to remove the joint. I’ve seen videos of people removing their MC joints with 50K miles on them and they came out easily. The Clayton joints will have to be pressed out/pressed in. This is a big deal to me because while both companies market these as “lifetime” joints, if you’re regularly flexing them out and using the lifts for their intended purpose you will likely have to replace bushings at some point (40-50K miles). I prefer bushings that are easily replaceable. Metalcloak has stackable bump stops to fine tune your bump travel, the Clayton kit uses set bumpstops. Finally, I like that MC uses dual rate coil springs to ensure proper spring tension when the axle is fully drooped out.

You will have to get a new front driveshaft with both the MC 2.5 & 3.5” GC kits and the Clayton 3.5” kit. I’m going with Adams 1350s front/rear on my 392XR. Hope this helped! Check out the videos on Metalcloak’s website about their joints and coil spring design.
Sponsored