Sponsored

Manual Transmission Ordering CLOSED on Rubicons??

mshaw395

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014JKU
I am in the process of ordering a new Rubicon, but they emailed this morning and said the Manual Transmission on Rubicon Unlimited is closed.... What does that mean? I don't want an automatic... If I wait, can I order a 2022 with a manual transmission??
Sponsored

fknMeow

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6SPD /20 Wrangler JL Sport (6spd) - Sold
I am in the process of ordering a new Rubicon, but they emailed this morning and said the Manual Transmission on Rubicon Unlimited is closed.... What does that mean? I don't want an automatic... If I wait, can I order a 2022 with a manual transmission??
I would hope so, I ordered a manual JLUR last week and already have a vin so this must be recent. I can't imagine that they'd discontinue the 6spd for 2022, there's just too much interest from people who can't let go (like myself).
Sorry to hear that though, I would be pissed and sad at the same time.

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
This isn't unusual. It happened to me and many others here. It could be closed due to an active recall or due to part shortages. It's usually temporary (couple weeks) so I suggest just staying in touch with your dealer.

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
This isn't unusual. It happened to me and many others here. It could be closed due to an active recall or due to part shortages. It's usually temporary (couple weeks) so I suggest just staying in touch with your dealer.
Rumor has it orders for 2022s are opening up next week. They probably just quit taking orders for 6spds for the 2021 model year.
Sponsored