Sponsored

No more affiliate pricing?

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
I got the call that my jeep is in today. Then my sales rep told me that Chrysler Crop dropped the affiliates program. I called FCA Affiliates and they were not aware of this.
Looks like there’s a common theme here among other dealers, so what’s accurate? Is it true now, or is 10/1 the date?
October 1st is the date for AP to go away for now...Anyone waiting for MY 22 will pay MSRP unless the dealer is feeling generous.
Sponsored

RubiXR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 RubiXR
Clubs

I too called the affiliates program just now and the guy says that although he doesn't know for sure because corporate hasn't announced it looks like the Jeep brand will be removed from it. He had no clue as to whether those of us with open orders that have already generated a control number, but will not have the car before October 1, would be able to use the discount (didn't sound promising). If all of this is true and the discounts will no be honored then I will bail out on my order. Anyone else feel the same?

CCWillys

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC, JLU Willys on the way
I too called the affiliates program just now and the guy says that although he doesn't know for sure because corporate hasn't announced it looks like the Jeep brand will be removed from it. He had no clue as to whether those of us with open orders that have already generated a control number, but will not have the car before October 1, would be able to use the discount (didn't sound promising). If all of this is true and the discounts will no be honored then I will bail out on my order. Anyone else feel the same?
I’m not happy about it, but I won’t bail on my order. I need a car and I have a feeling pricing is only going to get worse over the next 1-2 years. If I did bail, they would easily mark it up and prob sell it same day.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I think that's likely a case where the left arm doesn't know what the right arm is doing. The dealers were notified of this last week. But unfortunately it created a lot of confusion for those of us with orders coming after 10/1.
Could be. My jeep was picked up and paid for already. I'm also in the market for a RAM. I'll probably pick one off the lot this week to be safe.

YJherJLhim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ and 18 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I have a Purchase Agreement that lists purchase price which is AR Price, but it doesn’t indicate this is price based on AR, it just lists the Sale Price of our order.

Doubt they can back out of that? I guess time will tell when it arrives after 10/1…

Sponsored

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
I just recieved a call and email from my dealer confirming the Affiliate pricing will be either ending or suspended on 10/1.
The sales mgr told me that Jeep will honor the discount on existing orders but they need the code and the Welcome letter if you are using TL by 10/1.

Just a heads up to all of you who are taking delivery after Oct. 1. You may want to get the info together and call your dealer ASAP.

4XEJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
I just recieved a call and email from my dealer confirming the Affiliate pricing will be either ending or suspended on 10/1.
The sales mgr told me that Jeep will honor the discount on existing orders but they need the code and the Welcome letter if you are using TL by 10/1.

Just a heads up to all of you who are taking delivery after Oct. 1. You may want to get the info together and call your dealer ASAP.
That's good to hear. Maybe you could help the rest of us and talk to the sales manager again to get some details about how Jeep is honoring it on orders that arrive after 10/1. I'm assuming this is based on guidance from Jeep so any info you could get for us would be great!

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
That's good to hear. Maybe you could help the rest of us and talk to the sales manager again to get some details about how Jeep is honoring it on orders that arrive after 10/1. I'm assuming this is based on guidance from Jeep so any info you could get for us would be great!
Text from the email:

Wesley,

My name is Shane Dumont, I am a Sales Manager at Central 44.
I have very important information about the pricing of your ordered vehicle.

Chrysler is suspending the Affiliates program starting October 1st. In order to secure your pricing I need you to generate your control number today/tomorrow the latest.

Chrysler will still honor the program for any order that was done before October 1st as long as we have copies of the the control number and welcome letter printed before October 1st.

If you could please generate your control number through and send me a copy of the welcome letter and also the control number that will be super appreciated and will lock in your pricing.

I have attached an example of the forms Chrysler is looking for. With out these forms Chrysler will not honor the pricing after Oct 1

4XEJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
Text from the email:

Wesley,

My name is Shane Dumont, I am a Sales Manager at Central 44.
I have very important information about the pricing of your ordered vehicle.

Chrysler is suspending the Affiliates program starting October 1st. In order to secure your pricing I need you to generate your control number today/tomorrow the latest.

Chrysler will still honor the program for any order that was done before October 1st as long as we have copies of the the control number and welcome letter printed before October 1st.

If you could please generate your control number through and send me a copy of the welcome letter and also the control number that will be super appreciated and will lock in your pricing.

I have attached an example of the forms Chrysler is looking for. With out these forms Chrysler will not honor the pricing after Oct 1
Appreciate this. Guessing the forms he attached as an example are the control number and welcome letter?

Sponsored

Obispo325

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Tahoe and hopefully a Bright White JLUR
What does this mean for the bottom line price? For the discount dealers that sell on volume and offer up to 8% under invoice, does that equate to 7% now?
I’m thinking they’re going to try to say that’s a 0% discount now.

Obispo325

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Tahoe and hopefully a Bright White JLUR
so you mean deals from places like gupton are a no go now?

i think affiliate and invoice pricing are different...
Idk about Gupton. In fact, I hope not, I’m trying to get an order in tomorrow. I just think that there’s going to be a lot of dealers that say, “Sorry that ship sailed on 10/1. This is the new price for that Jeep. Take it or leave it.” But idk, I’m not in car sales.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Its probably to slow the ordering of 21's so they can focus on 22's
Sponsored