Would you order a new Jeep Now?

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Would you order a new Jeep knowing that there are shortages on computer chips, software, wiring and so on? I'm hesitant in ordering a new jeep because I don't want the jeep to be made with left over parts due to shortages.
Sponsored

Jeeb

First Name
JEEB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps!
I sure hope that’s not the case!

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Would you order a new Jeep knowing that there are shortages on computer chips, software, wiring and so on? I'm hesitant in ordering a new jeep because I don't want the jeep to be made with left over parts due to shortages.
So are you only loathe to order a jeep, or ANY vehicle?

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
No, I would wait a few weeks for the 22's to open up and then order a new Jeep

Sponsored

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Looks like you already have one? I'd wait!!!

My 06/23 order is supposedly on hold due to LED package.

Stellantis sure doesn't have any problems locating this package for high dollar builds: XEs, Sahara High Altitudes & Rubicon ERs.

Might as well wait for Covid to settle or next generation. For now MSRP looks like the new normal. Unless you travel to the few dealers spread far and wide offering deals.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I ordered a Rubicon in May and it was delivered eight weeks later; fast, well-made and exactly the way I wanted it. Any order before your order means you just wait longer. Get the Jeep you want, order today, and start smiling.

Fiteacher

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500
I'm in week 9 of my order & hoping it'll be here soon. If I didn't have other factors for needing to get a new vehicle, I'd wait until the chip issue resolves itself & stash cash for bigger down payment or to pay cash. Just my 2 cents.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I'm in week 9 of my order & hoping it'll be here soon. If I didn't have other factors for needing to get a new vehicle, I'd wait until the chip issue resolves itself & stash cash for bigger down payment or to pay cash. Just my 2 cents.
No offense, but if your down payment is just 2 cents, that's not really a reason to wait.

Sponsored

West1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
No, I would wait a few weeks for the 22's to open up and then order a new Jeep
I know it has been mentioned on the forum before, but does anyone have any updated information as to when the 2022 “Build and Price” will go live? I decided to wait for the 2022’s to place my order even though a dealer told me to expect a price increase.

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
Jeeps are obviously being ordered faster than they can build them so I don’t think there are many left over parts laying around.

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
They’re not going to use leftover trash, you’ll just face a longer potential delay. I’m on ten weeks now and no end in sight. There’s little rhyme or reason as to why some get built quicker. Higher margin vehicles would make sense, but in practice it’s all over the place. Mine’s an almost fully decked out JLURD and nothing.

If I was just contemplating it today, I’d just wait for the next model year at this point.

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
I know it has been mentioned on the forum before, but does anyone have any updated information as to when the 2022 “Build and Price” will go live? I decided to wait for the 2022’s to place my order even though a dealer told me to expect a price increase.
Supposed to be on the 5th with production starting in December 6th.
Sponsored