OP

Retired Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7, 2021 Rubicon 4xe
Buy them off eBay and have them sent to your dealer for install, or whatever you're place you use. That's likely what I'm going to do.
I got mine from TireBuyer and had them delivered to the dealer. They will install and flash the computer to update the tire size. TireBuyer was the only vendor I found who had them in stock. Also, be careful purchasing tires from "unauthorized" dealers. It may void your warranty.
Sponsored

Senrusho

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xE Robicon
I got mine from TireBuyer and had them delivered to the dealer. They will install and flash the computer to update the tire size. TireBuyer was the only vendor I found who had them in stock. Also, be careful purchasing tires from "unauthorized" dealers. It may void your warranty.

I think I'm going to switch it up and go with the Toyos. I found that dealerships can get them in as the are on the Mopar site as stocked parts. I want to buy them from the dealership so I can just wrap them in with the financing of the Jeep.

OP
OP

Retired Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I'm going to switch it up and go with the Toyos. I found that dealerships can get them in as the are on the Mopar site as stocked parts. I want to buy them from the dealership so I can just wrap them in with the financing of the Jeep.
I tried going through the dealer also, but none of their suppliers had stock.

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I have a 4xe Rubicon on order that should be arriving at the dealer in the next 2-3 weeks. Originally, I planned to have the MOPAR 2" lift installed at the dealer, as well as having 35/11.50 Toyo AT3 tires mounted on the stock wheels at the same time. I have been reading some discouraging posts about the MOPAR lift only providing a minimal amount of lift on the 4xe Rubicon (not 2", as advertised), and also having issues with the front springs bowing into either the shocks or the sway bar links. Having concerns, I called the dealer (who claims to have delivered 50 or 60 4xe Jeeps this year) and asked both the service department and the sales rep I ordered through if they have installed the MOPAR lift on any 4xe Rubicons and if they have experienced any issues with the install. The service department said they have installed several and did not experience the issues I mentioned. The sales rep, however, said he cannot recall any 4xe Jeeps having the MOPAR lift installed. The same applies to the tires I want to have installed at the dealer (Toyo AT3 35/11.50) on the stock wheels. The sales rep said he did not recall any 4xe Jeeps he delivered having larger tires mounted either. He indicated the lack of lifts and larger tire installs was because most people are leasing the 4xe as opposed to buying.
Let me say also that I would prefer to have a MetalCloak 2.5 game changer lift, but they prioritized the 392 product line and have not yet come out with any products for the 4xe, and have no timeline for availability.
Finally to my questions: Has anyone had the MOPAR lift installed? If so, have you experienced any issues with the lift (i.e., did you achieve less than the advertised 2 inches of lift or have you had issues with the front springs bowing and contacting other parts of the Jeep). For anyone who has installed 35" tires on stock wheels, have you had any issues with rubbing or drivability? If someone had the TOYO "skinny" 35's installed, your experience would be especially helpful. Thanks...
I did this, had dealer install Mopar and 35 at purchase and immediately regretted it. As you will see from reading this forum, the Mopar barely gives a lift. On other JL the Mopar 2" gives like 3" but on the 4xe it was 1". So when you think about the labor the dealer chargers, getting the Mopar and 35 cost me over $3000, close to $4000. Already sold the 35s to get 37s, and planning to get a real 3-4" lift and can't use most of the mopar parts except the Fox shocks so that's another waste of money. So in retrospect I would have waited and got a real lift

Sponsored

JRod

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
For anyone who is interested, here is my 4xe with the Toyo 35/11.50/17 's installed.
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Rubicon MOPAR Lift and 35" Tire Install at Purchase Delivery Picture
Thinking about the same setup for my 4xE, any significant hit on the all-electric range? I was hoping with an 11.5" width the range wouldn't take a huge hit. Also, what part of NC are you from? Jeep looks great!

OP
OP

Retired Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did this, had dealer install Mopar and 35 at purchase and immediately regretted it. As you will see from reading this forum, the Mopar barely gives a lift. On other JL the Mopar 2" gives like 3" but on the 4xe it was 1". So when you think about the labor the dealer chargers, getting the Mopar and 35 cost me over $3000, close to $4000. Already sold the 35s to get 37s, and planning to get a real 3-4" lift and can't use most of the mopar parts except the Fox shocks so that's another waste of money. So in retrospect I would have waited and got a real lift
That is why I decided against the MOPAR lift. I am waiting on some of the major manufacturers to come out with compatible lift systems for the 4xe. I went ahead with the tires though, since the 4xe comes with about an extra inch of lift anyway (according to many owners). I'll look at lifts again in a few months to see what becomes available. I don't think I will go bigger than the 35's for my uses.

OP
OP

Retired Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thinking about the same setup for my 4xE, any significant hit on the all-electric range? I was hoping with an 11.5" width the range wouldn't take a huge hit. Also, what part of NC are you from? Jeep looks great!
That might take a couple weeks to figure out. I have only had the Jeep a couple days, so I will have to do some testing on the electric range. I don't know what it looked like with the factory tires, or what the range might have been with the 33's since the 35's were installed prior to delivery. It seems like driving style might have a greater effect than the small change in tire size. I'll make another post when I get some decent numbers.

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
I switched to 35s no lift almost a week after getting my 4XE. I am still getting what I consider better than expected range. I’m getting 26 miles all electric routinely. Sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. Btw, it looks great stock with 35s.

jeepsterrw

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
For anyone who is interested, here is my 4xe with the Toyo 35/11.50/17 's installed.
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Rubicon MOPAR Lift and 35" Tire Install at Purchase Delivery Picture
@Retired Dave - can you send more pics of your 35s without a lift. Very interested in the look from front, back, sides with the 11.5” wide tires.
I put on 35x12.5x17 and don’t like the poke outside the fenders.

Also want to avoid mopar lift that doesn’t get you much.

thx

Sponsored

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I have a gas jl with 35 skinnies & stock wheels. Don't have any rubbing issues but I don't take it heavy duty off-road. Originally got the mopar 2 inch lift & it raised it almost 4 inches. I didn't like the look so I bought Skyjacker 2 inch & it looked better. Then I put bumpers & a winch & it sunk an inch, so I'm not happy again. Next year i'm hoping to put 37's on & maybe wider fenders, cuz I can't have tires sticking out. Mopar has these things they call spats that extend a little. I'm probably going with something like that. Here's a pic that someone else posted on the spats.

66B21C25-0A7E-4F60-869D-1BB270321415.jpeg

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I have a gas jl with 35 skinnies & stock wheels. Don't have any rubbing issues but I don't take it heavy duty off-road. Originally got the mopar 2 inch lift & it raised it almost 4 inches. I didn't like the look so I bought Skyjacker 2 inch & it looked better. Then I put bumpers & a winch & it sunk an inch, so I'm not happy again. Next year i'm hoping to put 37's on & maybe wider fenders, cuz I can't have tires sticking out. Mopar has these things they call spats that extend a little. I'm probably going with something like that. Here's a pic that someone else posted on the spats.

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Rubicon MOPAR Lift and 35" Tire Install at Purchase 66B21C25-0A7E-4F60-869D-1BB270321415
try checking out a post "Wide Fenders" to see some options & also links to the spats.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
since the 4xe comes with about an extra inch of lift anyway (according to many owners).
I’ve been looking for documentation of this extra inch of lift for the 4xe for a while and have struck out so far. My β€˜21 4xe-R actually seems to sit lower than my β€˜18 JL-R. Can anyone point me toward anything official?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I’ve been looking for documentation of this extra inch of lift for the 4xe for a while and have struck out so far. My β€˜21 4xe-R actually seems to sit lower than my β€˜18 JL-R. Can anyone point me toward anything official?
Nothing official. A couple members had measured multiple 4xes vs JLUs on dealership lots in a thread in late spring/early summer.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Nothing official. A couple members had measured multiple 4xes vs JLUs on dealership lots in a thread in late spring/early summer.
Good copy…. Thanks!
Sponsored