Sponsored

4xE class action lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court of Georgia

GroovyGorilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WK2 Limited, 21 JLUR 4xe
Did anyone else see this post about a class action lawsuit due to the 4xE shutting down while driving?

I'm curious if this is still an issue with the models that are rolling off the factory line, or if this was a very early production issue. I recently ordered a 4xE (still in D status) and I've seen a few posts on this forum/reddit stating that the 4xE will lose complete power. Wondering if I should be nervous about signing my lease when the car hits the lot, or if this was something that might be have been corrected.

I don't do very lengthy trips often, but I do drive from SoCal to Dallas every Christmas. The thought of it breaking down out in BFE would really make for a bad time.

https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2021/jeep-wrangler-4xe-recall-class-action-lawsuit.shtml
Sponsored

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Did anyone else see this post about a class action lawsuit due to the 4xE shutting down while driving?

I'm curious if this is still an issue with the models that are rolling off the factory line, or if this was a very early production issue. I recently ordered a 4xE (still in D status) and I've seen a few posts on this forum/reddit stating that the 4xE will lose complete power. Wondering if I should be nervous about signing my lease when the car hits the lot, or if this was something that might be have been corrected.

I don't do very lengthy trips often, but I do drive from SoCal to Dallas every Christmas. The thought of it breaking down out in BFE would really make for a bad time.

https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2021/jeep-wrangler-4xe-recall-class-action-lawsuit.shtml
I guess that's one way to make sure you get a decent payout in a class action suit instead of most of the money going to attorney fees...

Plaintiff Aaron Kappler says...
The plaintiff is represented by Thompson O'Brien Kappler & Nasuti, P.C.
Thompson O'Brien Kappler & Nasuti, P.C.
Aaron Kappler serves as the Managing Shareholder of the Firm.
In all seriousness though, this sounds almost exactly like @michail 's Atlanta experience.

OP
OP
GroovyGorilla

GroovyGorilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Echo4papa, nice sleuthing dude!!

I didn't even realize the plaintiff serves as the Managing Shareholder of the firm representing him.

Last edited:

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
It seems to have happened twice -- to the same vehicle. :facepalm:
Lets make the lawyers rich. What a fukking scam.
The article makes it sound like heā€™s just pissed cause he wanted a loaner, lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GroovyGorilla

GroovyGorilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
My wife has had her Sahara 4xe for 6 weeks or so. Has 1500ish miles on it. It's worked perfectly ever since we got it.

Of course our experience isn't everyone's experience, but it's been a great vehicle thus far.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
Ironically mine did this today. It complete died in the middle of driving down a 2 lane road with no shoulder. Luckily it was early and no traffic. I was able to put it in park, restart it and drive home. Seems fine now and charges and drives fine. But I would hate for this to happen again. Gonna call my dealer and see what my options are. Just using Google there is a big thread on this and itā€™s happening to a number of people.

Just under 3k miles.

OP
OP
GroovyGorilla

GroovyGorilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ironically mine did this today. It complete died in the middle of driving down a 2 lane road with no shoulder. Luckily it was early and no traffic. I was able to put it in park, restart it and drive home. Seems fine now and charges and drives fine. But I would hate for this to happen again. Gonna call my dealer and see what my options are. Just using Google there is a big thread on this and itā€™s happening to a number of people.

Just under 3k miles.
That really sucks! Hope you get a speedy repair. Out of curiosity, what was your production date?

From reading those complaints on the NHTSA page, it sounds like it either happens early milage or not at all. Most of the people on there were below the 3-4k mileage range, and only had it for about 3 months. I'm wondering if it is due to the improperly seated ECU that was known from earlier 2021 production units.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
That really sucks! Hope you get a speedy repair. Out of curiosity, what was your production date?

From reading those complaints on the NHTSA page, it sounds like it either happens early milage or not at all. Most of the people on there were below the 3-4k mileage range, and only had it for about 3 months. I'm wondering if it is due to the improperly seated ECU that was known from earlier 2021 production units.
Was built 4-21. Weā€™ve had it since late May with zero issues. I did charge it to 100% and drove it to 60% locally with no issues. Found a number of loose fuses and tightened all of them down. Called my local dealer and there is a recall they will inspect for and I told them about my issue and they were very good about listening and documenting. He wanted me to bring it in right away which is a good sign. I really hoping it was a fluke, but itā€™s still pretty concerning.

Sponsored

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Anyone else get this recall notice? I wonder if the recall is in response to the class action lawsuit
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xE class action lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court of Georgia 7F9E3C79-BBF4-4043-AAFE-1DD8997D1670

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
It takes a while to get a recall up and running on the manufacturers end I would imagine. I do find it funny/interesting that likely while these guys were putting this class-action together, Jeep pushed out 5 RRT's and this recall.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Anyone else get this recall notice? I wonder if the recall is in response to the class action lawsuit
Hi Getmadboy,
Y46 is a CSN and not a recall. A Customer Satisfaction Notification (CSN) is preventive in nature and involves warranty or customer satisfaction issues that are non-safety related. Stellantis will correct the problem, at no charge, even if the vehicle is out of warranty and you are not the original owner. Please feel free to contact us via private message if you need any assistance regarding your CSN.

Rob
Jeep Cares

TroyG2015

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
We picked up our R4XE on Saturday at the Mall of Georgia Jeep and drove home to Florida on Sunday. 7 hours into the 10 hour trip the dash showed a red turtle and then my speeds immediately slowed down and then it died. I was on the Florida Turnpike and barley had time to pull off the road. My entire family was almost killed. After it died it wouldnā€™t do anything as it was completely dead. After 45 minutes of waiting for roadside assistance I decided to try to start and again and it started up and I made it all the way home. At this point my wife is scared to death to drive it and itā€™s her Jeep.

Chubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
We picked up our R4XE on Saturday at the Mall of Georgia Jeep and drove home to Florida on Sunday. 7 hours into the 10 hour trip the dash showed a red turtle and then my speeds immediately slowed down and then it died. I was on the Florida Turnpike and barley had time to pull off the road. My entire family was almost killed. After it died it wouldnā€™t do anything as it was completely dead. After 45 minutes of waiting for roadside assistance I decided to try to start and again and it started up and I made it all the way home. At this point my wife is scared to death to drive it and itā€™s her Jeep.
How was the entire family almost killed?
Sponsored