2021 Jeep Wrangler

Buddy Lee

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I installed the entire kit. I like it. I just came back from a 1000 mile overloading trip with some pretty rough terrain and the carrier worked flawlessly with no squeaks or rattles. I am running a 35" Patagonia on a steel wheel. The combo weighs about 105 lbs. The install is pretty straight forward if you don't intend on running a license plate relocation bracket. I moved my plate so it took some custom work to make everything fit. The carrier is steel and the hinges are a heavy grade aluminum. Sorry, couldn't get pictures to upload in the correct position.

tempImageE62R3d.png

tempImagepTsgVy.png

tempImageCst8ck.png

tempImageiBeXKV.png

whiskey jack

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl
I concur with Buddy Lee. I have the entire kit, install was straightforward, looks clean, does what it says. I have a 37 on mine with stock plastic bumper. Clears easy. The instructions on how to adjust for your tire size and wheel offset could be better, but you'll figure it out. I think I got a good value. Bought from Quadratec when they had one of their many sales on rugged ridge stuff.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge Spartacus HD Tire Carrier Kit 20210912_163528

Last edited:

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I have the complete kit, 95 lb tire and wheel combo and I think the tailgate can be closed by blowing on it😁

Sponsored

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I've had one on for about 10k miles. It has started rattling pretty bad. I do think I'm in the minority though. Just finished a pretty hard wheeling trip in Colorado and it had been driving me crazy every since. I checked torque on all the bolts and everything was tight. It rattles when I close it and when I hit bumps. I'm running a 37 on mine.

Desert Raptor

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
I've had one on for about 10k miles. It has started rattling pretty bad. I do think I'm in the minority though. Just finished a pretty hard wheeling trip in Colorado and it had been driving me crazy every since. I checked torque on all the bolts and everything was tight. It rattles when I close it and when I hit bumps. I'm running a 37 on mine.
Maybe the rattle is from the left side latch or rear window?
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/tailgate-latch-stop-bumper.72937/
I have a 37 on mine also and get an occasional rattle on those Colorado washboards. The Tire carrier is super solid though and I would purchase it again for a future build.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Post #2 probably answers your question, but I have the hinge with the teraflex tire carrier and love the setup.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge Spartacus HD Tire Carrier Kit IMG_0765 (1).JPG

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Maybe the rattle is from the left side latch or rear window?
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/tailgate-latch-stop-bumper.72937/
I have a 37 on mine also and get an occasional rattle on those Colorado washboards. The Tire carrier is super solid though and I would purchase it again for a future build.
It sounds like it's coming from the hinge or the tire mount. I have to top off right now and it still rattles. If I hit the tire or shut the gate it rattles pretty bad.

becma27

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Post #2 probably answers your question, but I have the hinge with the teraflex tire carrier and love the setup.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge Spartacus HD Tire Carrier Kit IMG_0765 (1).JPG
Looks nice, why did you go with the teraflex carrier instead? It seems to be a more full featured option compared to the rugged ridge, but hard to tell from pics. I think the rugged ridge hinge reinforcment is more than enough and a better price than teraflex though.

Sponsored

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

Here's a quick video of the rattle. I'm hitting the tire but it's the same noise I get hitting bumps or shutting the tailgate.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Looks nice, why did you go with the teraflex carrier instead? It seems to be a more full featured option compared to the rugged ridge, but hard to tell from pics. I think the rugged ridge hinge reinforcment is more than enough and a better price than teraflex though.
Since I have the carrier too, I'm guessing he did it for a better backup camera view :fingerscrossed:

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts

Here's a quick video of the rattle. I'm hitting the tire but it's the same noise I get hitting bumps or shutting the tailgate.
That sounds like your mounting bolts are bottomed out and not securing the tire to the carrier completely.

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
That sounds like your mounting bolts are bottomed out and not securing the tire to the carrier completely.
That's weird. I used the supplied bolts and they are torqued to speck. It didn't always rattle.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
That's weird. I used the supplied bolts and they are torqued to speck. It didn't always rattle.
I meant the wheel lugs themselves.
Sponsored