Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
At this point in time, I would wait for a 2022 unless one really wants Tuscerado or another color that they think could be discontinued. Most 2021 ordered today will not be delivered until December. Wait a few weeks and it be Jan/Feb for most 2022 models.
Sponsored

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
Looks like they updated the build and price tool on jeep.com. The removed a few different trim levels. They got rid of the colors that are no longer available and added Tuscadero. And they finally updated the price of Gorilla Glass to $195. There could be other changes, but these are the ones I noticed.

Doesn't look like they added or removed any other options. Automatic is still required for Xtreme Recon. 2.0L Turbo or eTorque v6 still required for Automatic.

Wonder if they are getting the site ready to switch to 2022s?

Jeepfamilia

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Looks like they updated the build and price tool on jeep.com. The removed a few different trim levels. They got rid of the colors that are no longer available and added Tuscadero. And they finally updated the price of Gorilla Glass to $195. There could be other changes, but these are the ones I noticed.

Doesn't look like they added or removed any other options. Automatic is still required for Xtreme Recon. 2.0L Turbo or eTorque v6 still required for Automatic.

Wonder if they are getting the site ready to switch to 2022s?
They added a body mounted mirror option

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They added a body mounted mirror option
I've seen that one in the past, maybe it was removed and now added again.

I noticed they also updated prices on everything to match MSRP pricing from my Priced Order Confirmation from 8/21. When I ordered mine the MSRP came to $59,170. On the build and price page my exact build came to $58,5xx. Now after the updates my build now comes out to $59,005. I looked closer and saw they removed the Mopar floor matts which were $165. Add that and it comes out to the $59,170 on my POC.

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
Welp, here we are. Last week of the month and no Sept guide yet. Looking more and more like Oct 2022 order guide! Can't wait to see how Jeep will let me down with color choice.

I'm kidding of course. I love pink and neon green. Time for Retina Melter Orange.

Sponsored

15 Pieces of Rick Flair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla 3
After Hella-Yella and Chief Blue were dropped, our go-to was Snazberry. Well, now Snazberry is off the menu. Not holding my breath 2022... Maybe we'll end up with a white Jeep after all. 😢

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Welp, here we are. Last week of the month and no Sept guide yet. Looking more and more like Oct 2022 order guide! Can't wait to see how Jeep will let me down with color choice.

I'm kidding of course. I love pink and neon green. Time for Retina Melter Orange.
I'd be happy with just Punk'n again.

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
So given how Jeep has gone hog wild with the Skittles colors this year, how would folks feel about a subdued palette of pale/muted colors next year? I could see it. Since I imagine the removal of Billet and Granite to be a temporary supply chain issue, what about:

White
Black
Billet
Granite
Sting Gray
Firecracker Red
Sarge
Earl Gray (pale gray/blue)
Gator
Gobi

I think those of us who like the Skittles understand that we've had our year. This might be a good way to balance the Jeep karma.

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
I debated back and forth waiting until '22 just for value, etc. but.........I can't see given how well they are selling and the current market, the prices staying static. The color I wanted was available (Hydro Blue) and I'm not quite interested in a Recon edition, possibly if offered with a manual.

So, order date 9/20, VIN/VON received, waiting for next step.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
So given how Jeep has gone hog wild with the Skittles colors this year, how would folks feel about a subdued palette of pale/muted colors next year? I could see it. Since I imagine the removal of Billet and Granite to be a temporary supply chain issue, what about:

White
Black
Billet
Granite
Sting Gray
Firecracker Red
Sarge
Earl Gray (pale gray/blue)
Gator
Gobi

I think those of us who like the Skittles understand that we've had our year. This might be a good way to balance the Jeep karma.
I think there should always be 1-2 military inspired colors considering the Wrangler's history.

White, Black, Red are must keep colors. I would like to see them replace the solid Frigidaire white with a metallic pearl white. A Matte Black would be cool.

Granite and Billet have been around way too long for a gray and silver. It would be really nice if they freshened up the gray pallet with something new. Mazda has a dark metallic gray that is awesome. Mazda also had a really nice liquid silver. Mini and Kia had solid grays that were nice. Something along those colors.

There should also be a couple of fun Skittle colors for Wranglers.

The Xtreme Recon wheels are new but It would be nice to see a new standard wheel design to differentiate newer JLs.

Sponsored

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just sold my Orange Crush JK today. If they brought back Orange Crush I just might cancel my 2021 order and order a 2022.

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
If they drop Earl out of the gate for 2022, count me in. Slap some bronze wheels on it and call it a day.