wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Nothing as cool
As u guys but drove mine to Charlotte nc for the drag race topless. 4 hr drive from home. Was a good day brittany beat steve torrence and was damn close to winning the entire race.
Don't underestimate how cool driving topless and having a great day of drag racing is. In opinion, everyone should go see a top fuel drag race once in their life. It should be a bucket list thing. Top Fuel drag racing on TV does not do it justice. It is something that needs to be experienced. It overwhelms the senses. The sound, smell, visuals. the brutal acceleration, the shaking of the ground......it is an experience. The feeling that the cars when they take off like they have sucked all the air from the area and the sound compressing your chest making it hard to breathe. It just can't be properly explained.

I would not give two fucks about watching it on TV, but to see it live, I would drive and give up a day of wheeling for it, and I love to wheel.
Sponsored

stevieb92

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Don't underestimate how cool driving topless and having a great day of drag racing is. In opinion, everyone should go see a top fuel drag race once in their life. It should be a bucket list thing. Top Fuel drag racing on TV does not do it justice. It is something that needs to be experienced. It overwhelms the senses. The sound, smell, visuals. the brutal acceleration, the shaking of the ground......it is an experience. The feeling that the cars when they take off like they have sucked all the air from the area and the sound compressing your chest making it hard to breathe. It just can't be properly explained.

I would not give two fucks about watching it on TV, but to see it live, I would drive and give up a day of wheeling for it, and I love to wheel.
I completely agree with watching top fuel drag racing live. It is truly sensory overload. You captured the experience pretty darn well! I can't imagine many things can compete with that experience. I've been to two and will never forget it.

Last edited:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I compoletely agree with watching top fuel drag racing live. It is truly sensory overload. You captured the experience pretty darn well! I can't imagine many things can compete with that experience. I've been to two and will never forget it.
An I-Max theater has nothing on Top Fuel drag racing. Nothing.....

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
I completely agree with watching top fuel drag racing live. It is truly sensory overload. You captured the experience pretty darn well! I can't imagine many things can compete with that experience. I've been to two and will never forget it.
LOL well thanks for the reply, This was my 3rd one this year. I started going back in 1990 as a kid, and i know everyone misses "the good olde days" but in all honesty, right now the fuel classes are at their best. The coolest part about going is my son loves to go, now he loves getting autographs and taking pictures with the drivers. i think my 5 year old nephew said it best " they shook me when they took off" lol

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR

HAHA great reply. I have been going since 1990 when i was just a kid. Charlotte was my 3rd race this year. Your 110 percent correct that it truly is an "experience" i cant tell you how many new people i have taken and they are blown away not only by the sound, but i think the feeling of being shook to the core by a pair of fuel cars as they take off. I took a newbie to Pa for the race this year, her reply "it burnt the hell out of my nose and throat, shook my body, and i cannot believe how fast the car goes from sitting here, to just disappearing" lol.

Sponsored

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR

Couple pics

80D05B3E-D435-4AA0-B3B3-95C6715E97A3.jpeg

921F6F59-ADF7-42A9-91B6-106E895BDDCE.jpeg

EE68D971-E84A-49E4-A987-76AC351E9D96.jpeg

0E8C2E6C-35FD-4B15-BC94-A99C143187D8.jpeg

01837642-C296-4638-826A-4F667FF9467E.jpeg

154CDB3E-CC69-41F6-87E1-375EED00F68F.jpeg

Whiskeybiskit

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler sport s
Vehicle Showcase
I wholeheartedly agree with both of you. I live in Vegas where we get 2 races a season. One of them being a 4 wide drag race. 40k horsepower going down the track at once,
A-mazing!

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
An I-Max theater has nothing on Top Fuel drag racing. Nothing.....
I wholeheartedly agree with both of you. I live in Vegas where we get 2 races a season. One of them being a 4 wide drag race. 40k horsepower going down the track at once,
A-mazing!
Went to the 4 wide in Charlotte. While cool i definitely prefer 2 wide

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

Sponsored

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I know this is an old post...but I got to say awesome picture.
Also, can you tell me where you got that decal? It is so fitting for the wife and me.

Last edited:

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I stopped at the localish Honda dealer from whom we've purchased several vehicles. This lot, and an adjacent one serving as overflow, should be filled to the brim with new Civics and CR-Vs. But for the lone HR-V in the picture, though, both lots are vacant. Even the used inventory is light.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 20210926_185827

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I stopped at the localish Honda dealer from whom we've purchased several vehicles. This lot, and an adjacent one serving as overflow, should be filled to the brim with new Civics and CR-Vs. But for the lone HR-V in the picture, though, both lots are vacant. Even the used inventory is light.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do WITH your Jeep today. 20210926_185827
The chip shortage is killing everything. 😢
Sponsored