Sponsored

ARB Elements Weatherproof Fridge/Freezer problem

drick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR & 2021 JLURD
Did a search for this, and didn't get any hits

I have the 63q version of this unit (model # 10810602) and have been using it as a backup during the pandemic.

Today when opening the cover gasket fell out and is deformed (it looks like it has stretched out) and won't fit back into the channel where it belongs anymore. This of course will diminish the units seal / cause it to work harder to keep up.

Has anyone else seen a similar issue, and do you know where i can get a new seal for the unit?

TIA
D
Sponsored

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Did a search for this, and didn't get any hits

I have the 63q version of this unit (model # 10810602) and have been using it as a backup during the pandemic.

Today when opening the cover gasket fell out and is deformed (it looks like it has stretched out) and won't fit back into the channel where it belongs anymore. This of course will diminish the units seal / cause it to work harder to keep up.

Has anyone else seen a similar issue, and do you know where i can get a new seal for the unit?

TIA
D
Did you try contacting ARB? They’re pretty good with warranty. My tent cover zipper broke and they sent me a new cover since they don’t sell individual zippers. Shoot them an email or give them a call. They usually answer pretty quick. You will need to provide receipt.

OP
OP
drick

drick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR & 2021 JLURD
Did you try contacting ARB? They’re pretty good with warranty. My tent cover zipper broke and they sent me a new cover since they don’t sell individual zippers. Shoot them an email or give them a call. They usually answer pretty quick. You will need to provide receipt.
i did, but they are closed on the weekends - so figured i would see if anyone else has seen this happen. it seems like this should be a part one could order

OP
OP
drick

drick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR & 2021 JLURD
i did, but they are closed on the weekends - so figured i would see if anyone else has seen this happen. it seems like this should be a part one could order
so 1.5 weeks later, no response from ARB (pretty underwhelming considering what i paid for the frig) and the seller from Amazon has no idea on how to help.

#sigh

OP
OP
drick

drick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR & 2021 JLURD
two further updates on this.

1. finally called in and was able to get someone from their tech team. they were nice enough to send me a new one to replace mine for free (this makes up for never getting any response from the web inquiry)

2. these can be purchased from Summit if anyone else has the same problem (or wants a spare)
Sponsored