Suspension to jump jeep?

JDZ1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
Serious question, coming from side by sides and this is my first jeep 2021 2dr rubicon. I want to be able to do SMALL jumps and moderate speed over woops. Is this doable in a jeep? What mods are required?

thanks!
Sponsored

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Nope. Not without a great deal of work. It will not even be close to a SXS. Sorry.

Sam

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Probably a lot of work, but I'm sure you can calculate the necessary spring and shock combination given the weight and wheelbase of your Jeep, and based on what you want to do. Ford Raptors and Broncos can handle small jumps, so you could take the a/m spring manufacturer specs and a/m shocks and come up with a combination that would allow whatever you want. Rigs race Baja at 100+ mph, so you could engineer something.

That being said, I think the Jeep is the wrong dog for that hunt, but anything is possible.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Get another SxS, dirtbike, or 4wheeler. The Jeep frame doesn't have anywhere near the stiffness a SxS has and there are a lot more parts to break. Save yourself from a really bad dent in your wallet.

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
Get another SxS, dirtbike, or 4wheeler. The Jeep frame doesn't have anywhere near the stiffness a SxS has and there are a lot more parts to break. Save yourself from a really bad dent in your wallet.
This is exactly what i did. I asked about jumping my jeep on this forum a while back and got the same response. Bad idea. I bought a dirt bike/track membership and quickly lost interest in bashing my jeep.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
If your sand running getting a little hang time isn't too bad, but a hard surface is a whole new animal, and it's an angry one!

PatrickR

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Look at the jeepspeed guys. Cycle 11+" of good suspension (easy part) and look at quality bumps (prothane is a cheap option). Be ready to upgrade what breaks, but it's definitely doable.

Oh and first gen raptor shocks bolt into the rear. There's a thread about that in the suspension subforum.

There's a guy famous for a video of hucking an xj over some massive jumps. He has a similar setup to what I described, with a little more suspension and springs in the 280 lb/in range.

OP
OP

JDZ1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
Yeah I completely understand it
Isn’t a side by side and not what I bought it for but if I see the right set it’s hard to resist. Just looking for some direction on some upgrades to keep it together over some small stuff.

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
are coilovers better for that type of activities?

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
are coilovers better for that type of activities?
Yes, because you can adjust spring rates easily and a lot more spring rate options, but you could probably valve a regular bigger sized smoothie shock stiff enough to do the job, but id stick to co and bypasses for that activity. For what its worth i keep up fairly well with my side by side, my shocks are valved pretty stiff with flexi rate plates but it does a damn good job in the dirt. Little rough on on street though

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Serious question, coming from side by sides and this is my first jeep 2021 2dr rubicon. I want to be able to do SMALL jumps and moderate speed over woops. Is this doable in a jeep? What mods are required?

thanks!
Yeehaw!

Jeep Wrangler JL Suspension to jump jeep? 1632546330176

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Given enough credit limit on your Visa, it's within your grasp. 😜
Sponsored