Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
- I saw someone who posted a wireless CarPlay adaptor for the Uconnect system that plugs in in the center console. Does this work well? And does someone happen to have a link to the "dongle"? I didn't think to save it.
- Alternately, is there a way to tap into the Uconnect system from the back side of the radio or media connections? I plan on running cables behind the dash up to the cell phone mount anyway. If I could have a clean way to connect the cell phone with a wired connection I would prefer that to wireless dongles.
Everything you need should be in this thread:
JL Carplay Project

Worth mentioning: You can save the $120 for the CarPlay2Air if you don't want the wireless carplay and just plug your USB cable into the splitter, then run it into the glovebox. I've done both and it works either way. It's great if I'm having connection issues or I want to charge on a long trip, I can swap out the Bluetooth dongle for a regular USB cable.

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Everything you need should be in this thread:
JL Carplay Project

Worth mentioning: You can save the $120 for the CarPlay2Air if you don't want the wireless carplay and just plug your USB cable into the splitter, then run it into the glovebox. I've done both and it works either way. It's great if I'm having connection issues or I want to charge on a long trip, I can swap out the Bluetooth dongle for a regular USB cable.
That’s awesome! Thank you so much. I will definitely give this a read.

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Small install day, still working on little creature comforts that are carried over from Jeepeto II.

Installed the Zautomotive Tazer JL Mini
- The light show feature works so much better with the LED lighting package
- My wife has been asking why the back up camera didn’t come on with the blinkers. She thought it was an OEM feature. It’s really nice when you’ve got the doors off and don’t mess with mirrors.
- Killed the seatbelt chime; we spend too much time using it like a golf cart at the family land to be messing with seatbelt reminders.
- This thing is a must if you have a rubi; the ability to run rear locker and sway bar disconnect in 2-high is pretty sweet.
- regular updates mean it gets better with time.

Center console organizer for that cavernous center console.

878577AB-A831-4358-A8EB-C1D16BFECAA4.jpeg
AF84C95D-B9D3-460E-A55E-4D07AB975800.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

That is strange. Has to be for reason you state with beadlock setup. These are pretty good. Little expensive but using a hacksaw you can cut to exact length needed.

Energy Suspension 29105G Spare Tire Bumper Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IDM1OC...abc_FP11CD23W0M02BZA86Z0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Amazon one day shipping is a beautiful thing.

Thanks for the suggestion, it seems to be a viable solution to this problem.

Word of advice to anyone that decides to use these; lube the nipple. (that’s what she said) I ended up sticking the handle of my breaker bar into the stop and it took quite a bit of force to get it to seat in the hole.

A670E7DE-E88C-45A9-B899-56CB07B0935A.jpeg

F81BDCF8-AE3D-406E-A365-922259795C9F.jpeg

6B92661D-E8CC-4B52-9660-E8CF1B35F1B4.jpeg

73D6A982-CAB4-4526-9DCE-22B924FF43E2.jpeg

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Word of advice to anyone that decides to use these; lube the nipple. (that’s what she said) I ended up sticking the handle of my breaker bar into the stop and it took quite a bit of force to get it to seat in the hole.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread 73D6A982-CAB4-4526-9DCE-22B924FF43E2

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread 73D6A982-CAB4-4526-9DCE-22B924FF43E2

I probably should have provided heads up. So much easier to pull nipple from inside tailgate with pair of pliers with interior panel pulled off. :facepalm: Sorry

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I probably should have provided heads up. So much easier to pull nipple from inside tailgate with pair of pliers with interior panel pulled off. :facepalm: Sorry
I may have over sold the difficulty level. It wasn’t that bad. But it didn’t just click in place like I imagine the OEM ones do. It’s probably a better idea to take the tailgate apart, just to keep the pressure off the sheet metal, but I got away with it. 🙌

Thanks again for the simple solution 👊

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Some more after work mods.

@ThinSkinz door card protection showed up today. Glad to have some protection on the rear doors. I can finally relax with the dogs in the Jeep. They’re fairly simple devices, just some thin blow molded plastic that fits the door. I think this will be my long term solution as long as they stay in place and don’t rattle or cause any problems with dirt abrasion on the door it’s trying to protect. I thought they would be more obvious and look “cheap” but they blend in pretty good other than being a little shiny. They look to do a decent job protecting the interior. I’m happy to have an easy solution to this problem.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread 5A6725F2-2BF9-40CD-A1EC-40A5C24D5A45
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread 78A6292E-B21D-4E30-BC52-525AC2DF1C93
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread BB222656-F80A-43BC-B7B3-25A8C8F4D695
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread 9E553840-65AA-40D0-8297-8D25FDBB1C78

Also received the Carolina Metal Masters grab handle “ball” mount. Unfortunately I wasn’t paying attention and ordered the 1” ram ball instead of the smaller 67 designs mount. I robbed the ram adapter from a GPS unit that I think will probably be retired for this build. It is holding a Magnetic Mic holder that I use for my 2m/70cm dual band.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread DBC56F89-282A-4E9B-80C0-93F57E86A59C

I’m holding off on electrical installs until I’ve got time to do the dual battery install. I want to have everything in place so I know how much room I’ve got to work with and where the terminations go. I’m planning on installing the lift this weekend, and assuming everything goes well; putting the 37s on the following weekend.

I’m really loving the XR thus far. It’s a beautiful rig from the factory. I can’t get over how pretty it is. It doesn’t feel like mine yet, but the carry over parts from Jeepeto II help it feel more like home.

MI Jeep Girl

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU XR Rubicon Firecracker Red

@ThinSkinz door card protection showed up today. Glad to have some protection on the rear doors. I can finally relax with the dogs in the Jeep. They’re fairly simple devices, just some thin blow molded plastic that fits the door. I think this will be my long term solution as long as they stay in place and don’t rattle or cause any problems with dirt abrasion on the door it’s trying to protect. I thought they would be more obvious and look “cheap” but they blend in pretty good other than being a little shiny. They look to do a decent job protecting the interior. I’m happy to have an easy solution to this problem.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread DBC56F89-282A-4E9B-80C0-93F57E86A59C

Also received the Carolina Metal Masters grab handle “ball” mount. Unfortunately I wasn’t paying attention and ordered the 1” ram ball instead of the smaller 67 designs mount. I robbed the ram adapter from a GPS unit that I think will probably be retired for this build. It is holding a Magnetic Mic holder that I use for my 2m/70cm dual band.

I’m holding off on electrical installs until I’ve got time to do the dual battery install. I want to have everything in place so I know how much room I’ve got to work with and where the terminations go. I’m planning on installing the lift this weekend, and assuming everything goes well; putting the 37s on the following weekend.

I’m really loving the XR thus far. It’s a beautiful rig from the factory. I can’t get over how pretty it is. It doesn’t feel like mine yet, but the carry over parts from Jeepeto II help it feel more like home.
Great pics!! Thanks for sharing...mine are due to me on Friday!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

MI Jeep Girl

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU XR Rubicon Firecracker Red
OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Oh yessss!! It is so much fun AND soooo easy to spend $$$.

Check out what I already have ready...
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread received_623375178648620
All the protection 🤣

FYI, in case you didn’t know, when installing the mopar floor mats make sure you cut the carpet plug out below the front seats and pull the rubber plug out of the floor pan, then install your mats and the rubber plug fits into the mopar mat. This allows you to rinse the floor mat out, or drain spilled drinks, melted snow, etc. directly to the ground under the vehicle. I never knew this was a thing; I had Weather Tech mats in my last Jeep but optioned the Mopars when I found out they had a pass through drain. I thought that was pretty neat.

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread received_623375178648620

Just ordered this for mine too!

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing

Nice work. I’m curious about a small thing. I like the CMM ball mount on the grab handle. You’ve got leather interior. CMM site says the mount won’t work with leather outfitted Jeep by the grab handle is different. But clearly yours works. did you have to anything special to make it work?
Sponsored