Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara fixable or Total loss???

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
I suggest OP uses some insurance money to buy a few periods. Being coherent and understood is worth it.
He can't afford them. He's gone and spent all his money on a lawyer because he doesn't think he should even be at fault partially for the loss.
Sponsored

VKSheridan

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase
@jack bauer attorney

@VKSheridan it was raining hard and hood amount of water on the road trust me I know doesnā€™t matter what car it is in the rain you slam your brakes totally your car is going to slide and hydroplane
No sir, that is not how ABS works. ABS is triggered primarily when you slam on your brakes. It pulses and the wheel speed sensors tell the controller if the wheel is locked and sliding or maintaining rolling resistance from the road.

Under the most adverse conditions, they will pulse all the way to collision but by design, rapidly pulsing brakes will ultimately reduce speed far more than skidding wheels.

If you felt no ABS activity, you were going too fast and following too close unless the ABS system was disabled or you ride on bald skins. Cheers.

Beetroot

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Medical Devices
It's been said 100x but if you crashed into the person in front of you it is your fault. It doesn't matter if it's wet or you couldn't see or you "hydroplaned". You should have adjusted your following distance to compensate for the conditions.

If you really did hire a lawyer I'm going to guess he made you pay up front.

eddified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla, Ford Transit 350
@Colombian Guy09

Too bad about your accident. I'm sorry to see the damage done to your Jeep. That's pretty unfortunate. I'm interested to hear what the insurance company wants to do with the vehicle.

Also, others who were blaming you rudely, are clearly rubbing in what doesn't need to be rubbed in. You are having to deal with the unfortunate consequences of this, and that alone should be enough.

But, it is true that whoever was following, is technically at fault (you stated yourself that your attorney is saying you are "partly" at fault). If it weren't so, then people could follow as closely as they wanted and blame any fender-benders on the guy in front applying the brakes. So, logic and common sense say that whoever is following is the one that must regulate their distance. It's just the sad truth. (And the cop is right -- it's the law, the guy in back is at fault, period.)

I've never rear-ended anyone, but I probably should have by now with my driving behavior. So I'm not blaming you for things I've not done. I've followed too closely, I'll be the first to admit it. I am actually in the process of trying to teach myself to keep better distance. My wife and son have pointed out that I follow too closely and they're right -- I do follow too closely! So hopefully I can learn my lesson about following closely, before it results in a wreck. They say you should be like 2-3 seconds behind the person in front of you -- probably more when it's raining!

Sorry again to see the carnage, good luck.

threejeeps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Someone needs to start a poll on this thread so we can vote on repair or loss.

OP please keep us updated and again best of luck.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
It's been said 100x but if you crashed into the person in front of you it is your fault. It doesn't matter if it's wet or you couldn't see or you "hydroplaned". You should have adjusted your following distance to compensate for the conditions.

If you really did hire a lawyer I'm going to guess he made you pay up front.
No

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Wow. Just Wow.

I am blown away that the OP legit does not think he is at fault. Unless the Jeep in front of you fell from the sky, you are at fault.

OH...and when you get a new Jeep please do not install those parts. You do not need any modifications that will result in a vehicle that stops or handles any worse!

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Someone did ask earlier in this thread as to what the OP's age is. There never was a response, was there? Maybe that would shed some light on this whole ordeal?
I also asked who does the OP think is at fault? God? Mother nature? Jeep? The people who were stopped due to a prior accident? They didn't pull out in front of him, make an unsafe lane change, or reverse so the only person at fault for the OP's jeep hitting the other jeep is the OP. Clearly he isn't at fault for the 1st accident. He didn't need a lawyer for that, that's how the damage liability would have been distributed regardless.

Deleted member 59498

Never admit fault. Doesn't it say that on your insurance card?

Anyway what a 13 page turner! The drama was real!

Sponsored

Eandras

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler unlimited Sport S Black
If the op hired a lawyer so that he can try and limit the losses he is going to have for is at fault accident he rear ended.

I expect that he will be paying a lot higher insurance premiums and lawyer fees.

Deleted member 59498

Not if he is safe driver before with accident forgiveness.