Warn winch issue

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I have a Warn Zeon 10-s on my wrangler. I’ve used it a total of three times counting today. All three were just to unspool line and make sure everything looks good. So it has done no hard work. Today I use it and as soon as it gets a little bit of load on it it pops out of engage and into free spool. You can hold it in engage as long as the load isn’t much. If it’s too much you can’t hold the lever. If I pull on the cable it will start to move to free spool. I bought it in March and have the email receipt. Hoping they warranty it, but that’s the next problem. I need it fixed, replaced or the replacement parts in less than a month for a trip we are doing. Don’t know if I’ll need it, but very possible could. So, anyone know if I can fix this myself? Will warn send me the parts to fix,? Will I have to take the bumper off and send the winch in and hope they send it back in time? This sucks and I really need it resolved. Any help is much appreciated.
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I doubt it would be resolved in that time frame, your best bet is to call them directly and speak with a rep and tell them to try to expedite, they may offer to send you a new one and then just send them the one you have to be looked and and like some companies if you are found at fault you would be charged for the new one and if not your fault it’s a done deal but I don’t know what their warranty is.

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I had am issue with my m8000 on my TJ. After doing a few troubleshooting steps Warn gave me the option of sending it in or doing the repair myself.

Warn is a great company to work with so I'm sure they will take care of you when you call.

If you're comfortable taking it apart I'd bet they will tell you what to look for and what needs to be replaced, or adjusted.

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called Montanajacks and talked to him. I’m going to pull it out and ship it to him Wednesday. He said he could have it back by the first week of October. He is a warn warranty repair center. I explained what happened. He said it wasn’t my fault. Still sucks though. Curious as to what actually happened.

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I doubt it would be resolved in that time frame, your best bet is to call them directly and speak with a rep and tell them to try to expedite, they may offer to send you a new one and then just send them the one you have to be looked and and like some companies if you are found at fault you would be charged for the new one and if not your fault it’s a done deal but I don’t know what their warranty is.
I am going to call and see if they will send me a new one and I send the old one. Doubt they would, but I’ll still try.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to call and see if they will send me a new one and I send the old one. Doubt they would, but I’ll still try.
I’m sure you already read this but just some info

Jeep Wrangler JL Warn winch issue 9CF9ABCA-5C10-44F9-9CCB-BB832E89580A

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m sure you already read this but just some info

Jeep Wrangler JL Warn winch issue 9CF9ABCA-5C10-44F9-9CCB-BB832E89580A
I have read that. You know as well as I do that's for the lawyers. They can do all kinds of things to help customers. Just whether or not they will.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I had my last Zeon 10 do something like that on occasion; turned out I wasn’t turning the clutch handle all the way.

There was something about that clutch handle that didn’t make it obvious when it had engaged.

Hope you get things resolved. For how much those winches cost, I’d expect it to lay solid gold eggs every morning.

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had my last Zeon 10 do something like that on occasion; turned out I wasn’t turning the clutch handle all the way.

There was something about that clutch handle that didn’t make it obvious when it had engaged.

Hope you get things resolved. For how much those winches cost, I’d expect it to lay solid gold eggs every morning.
I agree. I’ve moved the lever 100 times checking. It actually has no tension at all.

982500h

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ
I've been using Warn products (winches, lights, hubs, etc.) for 30 years and it's precisely because of the customer service and product quality. Last time I needed help was when I broke the winch motor cap by striking it against a rock wall. Obviously my fault, but they sent me a replacement cap (either it was free or some nominal charge). They will stand behind their products, unlike the budget companies....no, i don't own Warn stock.😜

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I've been using Warn products (winches, lights, hubs, etc.) for 30 years and it's precisely because of the customer service and product quality. Last time I needed help was when I broke the winch motor cap by striking it against a rock wall. Obviously my fault, but they sent me a replacement cap (either it was free or some nominal charge). They will stand behind their products, unlike the budget companies....no, i don't own Warn stock.😜
I owned several Warn winches over the years: they were solid.

However, a few years ago I bought a pair of 6-inch Warn auxiliary lights that were absolute trash; total waste of money. Couple years later I bought a Warn VR10 winch; I was very disappointed. To Warn’s credit, they let me return the VR winch towards the purchase of another, better, Warn winch.

Like everyone else these days, Warn has made some dubious business decisions. I learned the hard way that just because something has the Warn name on it, it doesn’t automatically mean it’s gonna be good.

And the opposite is true also: just because something doesn’t have the Warn name on it, doesn’t automatically mean it is an inferior product.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
This whole thread is a train wreck. Why post here instead of contacting the place you purchased it, or Warn directly? Warn has an incredible warranty, so just call them. It's a waste of time asking a bunch of yahoos on a Jeep forum what a winch company will warranty knowing they have a limited lifetime warranty (as this is not an electrical issue).

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This whole thread is a train wreck. Why post here instead of contacting the place you purchased it, or Warn directly? Warn has an incredible warranty, so just call them. It's a waste of time asking a bunch of yahoos on a Jeep forum what a winch company will warranty knowing they have a limited lifetime warranty (as this is not an electrical issue).

Well, I did call Warn, and Ryan said he had no idea and gave a few numbers to warranty centers I can call and send it to if I want. So they were no help. That was about 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Secondly, the main part of my question was to see if anyone had had this problem and if it was something I could fix myself since it's going to cost me about $100 to ship to a service center. Also, they could let me know if they have dealt with this and what to expect. Now, if anyone else posts something similar to my problem I will tell them to not waste time call Warn, and just google a Warn service center. Next, my post is a train wreck??? How about the most popular ones. Someone wants to know if they are going to regret getting a soft top? How the F can anyone on here know if someone will regret something? How about the person that bought a new Jeep and is asking why it starts back up at a stoplight after shutting off with ESS, and how to see how ESS is working in the DIC? So, lets try keeping your opinion to yourself next time. The Warranty might be incredible, but the people who answer the phones are idiots. Lastly, I didn't ask what they Warranty.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
This whole forum is about opinions, but I agree, those other threads are ridiculous too, just like your opinion, posts and threads, and just like mine.

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
This whole forum is about opinions, but I agree, those other threads are ridiculous too, just like your opinion, posts and threads, and just like mine.
Hahahah! Yeah, but your first post won the douchebag award in this thread. Congrats Pal!
Sponsored