Sponsored

Is it possible 2022 4xe doesn’t get released with other 2022 models?

Poppump

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse; Honda CRV; purchasing Wrangler
I’m waiting to order 2022 4xe. My concern is that since this model came out later then other 2021 models that it could be delayed for 2022. Is this possible? I find it hard to believe they would be building 2021 models of one and 2022 models of another at same time but I’m worried.
Sponsored

Midding

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe, 2019 JLUR, 2016 Sahara Unlimited
I’m waiting to order 2022 4xe. My concern is that since this model came out later then other 2021 models that it could be delayed for 2022. Is this possible? I find it hard to believe they would be building 2021 models of one and 2022 models of another at same time but I’m worried.
Anything is possible But I doubt it. There have been rumors of a price increase, $5k, that would be my concern.

Ron93YJ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I’d think they’d get in sync with the rest of the models going into 2022. Same Jeep different model year.

Deleted member 72291

I imagine they’ll get in-synch, but I also expect little to no changes, and even possibly some negative changes.

I’d expect:
1. Price increases across all models
2. Possible removal of some standard features to become optional packages fo further increase costs.

Given that chip and parts shortages are going to persist into ‘22, I wouldn’t be surprised to see components that are harder to source becoming add-ons to spur profit and increase efficiency of the production line.

OP
OP

Poppump

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I imagine they’ll get in-synch, but I also expect little to no changes, and even possibly some negative changes.

I’d expect:
1. Price increases across all models
2. Possible removal of some standard features to become optional packages fo further increase costs.

Given that chip and parts shortages are going to persist into ‘22, I wouldn’t be surprised to see components that are harder to source becoming add-ons to spur profit and increase efficiency of the production line.
My goal was to wait for 2022 at this point as it was so close and at end of day 2022 will be worth more for longer period of time I figured. But now your posts scares me…

Sponsored

OP
OP

Poppump

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2022 reservation with MAS for "2021 MSRP." They're listing a $1600 increase for the ICE Rubicon so it wouldn't suprise me of the 4xe gets an even larger increase. Good luck.
MAS? This interests me as I would put money down now if I could for 2022. How do you do this?

15 Pieces of Rick Flair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla 3
MAS? This interests me as I would put money down now if I could for 2022. How do you do this?
Military Auto Sales. I wouldn't recommend using them unless you're OCONUS and have no other choice. Best deal I could get was $400 over MSRP including shipping to Korea. When they found they couldn't order a 2021 they offered to let me order a 2022 for the same "deal" if I put down $500.

Deleted member 72291

My goal was to wait for 2022 at this point as it was so close and at end of day 2022 will be worth more for longer period of time I figured. But now your posts scares me…
Another thing to consider is how soon do you want your 4xe? I’ve seen 10/6/21 as the date thrown around on the forums for ‘22 orders opening up, with builds not starting until mid-late December.

if you were to order now, you could get one in 8-10 weeks. If you wait for ‘22, it could be January or February before you take delivery.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Another thing to consider is how soon do you want your 4xe? I’ve seen 10/6/21 as the date thrown around on the forums for ‘22 orders opening up, with builds not starting until mid-late December.

if you were to order now, you could get one in 8-10 weeks. If you wait for ‘22, it could be January or February before you take delivery.
Um, please explain where you are getting an 8 - 10 week estimate for an order today?

my understanding is that 2021 order books have been closed for a while now, and 2022’s are looking at Jan / Feb delivery.

Sponsored

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
They are not closed. Yet.
Thank you. My bad for sharing info from a salesperson:). (Tried to setup and order and was told about the ‘21 orders having been closed for several weeks)

the old saying is true, how do you tell if a salesperson is lying…….their lips are moving.

OP
OP

Poppump

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yeah have put a lot of thought into that. In reality I have a car I will trade in with this so it’s not a necessity but purely my own impatience :). Im trying to be patient and wait it out for the greater good.

Deleted member 72291

Thank you. My bad for sharing info from a salesperson:). (Tried to setup and order and was told about the ‘21 orders having been closed for several weeks)

the old saying is true, how do you tell if a salesperson is lying…….their lips are moving.
Probably not lying but simply the difference between a low and high volume dealership. As I understand it, high volume dealerships are still able to place orders and get priority for ones they place, while low volume dealerships may not be able to place any orders for ‘21s any longer.

I ordered my 4xe from the biggest volume dealership in Kentucky on 7/29 and despite being told 6-8 weeks, I got mine in 4 weeks.

Midding

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe, 2019 JLUR, 2016 Sahara Unlimited
Yeah have put a lot of thought into that. In reality I have a car I will trade in with this so it’s not a necessity but purely my own impatience :). Im trying to be patient and wait it out for the greater good.
With a price increase coming and used car prices cooling off, peaked in July, it’s a tough call. I wanted the $7,500 on this years taxes so it was an easy decision.
Sponsored