How to get more power with better gas mileage

MonLee

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Sport S
Re gear your axels. People only talk about this when it comes to large tires but combined with this 8 speed i think it would make the jeeps accelerate a lot faster. My sport s with its stock 31" tires has a first gear that red lines somewhere around 35 mph. Its geared tall enough to not spin the tires when full throttle off the line in 2wd. Lower the gears enough so that first gear only goes to 25 mph and this thing would be a lot faster. Your fuel economy would start to suffer above 40-45 ish mph, and would really be noticeable at highway speeds however.
Sponsored

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
No, what you’re asking for isn’t really possible.
  • Cheap
  • Fast
  • Reliable
Pick only 2.
If you pick cheap, fast and reliable are pretty much out the window…

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If you pick cheap, fast and reliable are pretty much out the window…
Nope. I’ve built speed for cheap, but it was a POS and broke down often. Monthly. You can build a vehicle that’s cheap and reliable but it won’t be fast.

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
Best way to go is Nitrous. Purchase a OEM (or aftermarket for your cold intake) intake boot. Use cash and give a fake name at a dealer you never plan on going to.

Drill and mount sprayer and you are ready to rock!! If your motor blows up you simply put on the intake boot that came with your vehicle. Make sure you wrap tape around the bolt head so as not to leave any marks that show tampering.

I recommend to turn up the nitros to max flow just before your warranty runs out and toast the motor. That way you get a brand new engine under factory warranty.

Here is a typical universal setup. Call up Nitrous Express and let them know what motor and intake system you have and they can custom build you a kit.

https://www.nitrousexpress.com/proton-fly-by-wire-nitrous-system-w-10lb-bottle-20422.asp

Good luck!! Let us know how it works out for you.

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
Speaking from experience? I'd like to know how the install breaks down. Specifically, the tuning and programming/unlocking required but I haven't seen anyone with one installed yet. Edelbrock or Magnuson.
Sadly, no - not from experience. Just something on the wish list.

I have watched a number of reviews on the Edelbrock, and there is a Magnuson install vid on YouTube you can check out? Seems to cover it quite well:

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Sadly, no - not from experience. Just something on the wish list.

I have watched a number of reviews on the Edelbrock, and there is a Magnuson install vid on YouTube you can check out? Seems to cover it quite well:

The only part I can’t figure out exactly is the pcm replacement/unlocking/programming and tuning.

halsjeep

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
4xe!
I have a basically stock 2019 V6 4 door wrangler. I am curious to find a way to make it faster. I have put a Jeep cold air intake on it and saw minimal difference. Also I want to keep my current fuel economy or improve it, all without voiding the warranty or breaking the bank. Is this possible? Any suggestions? Thanks!
4xe
Sponsored