How to get more power with better gas mileage

Catiajockey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon unlimited
There are many ways to do this just none of them are practical, or at least counter to what most people want out of a Wrangler.

Lightest and smallest tires and wheels that you can fit
lower the Jeep (yes lower)
remove weight: spare tire, back seat (many 2 door owners do this anyway)

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
There are many ways to do this just none of them are practical, or at least counter to what most people want out of a Wrangler.

Lightest and smallest tires and wheels that you can fit
lower the Jeep (yes lower)
remove weight: spare tire, back seat (many 2 door owners do this anyway)
bicon-jl-no-lift-35-nitto-ridge-grappler-venom-rex.jpg

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I have a basically stock 2019 V6 4 door wrangler. I am curious to find a way to make it faster. I have put a Jeep cold air intake on it and saw minimal difference. Also I want to keep my current fuel economy or improve it, all without voiding the warranty or breaking the bank. Is this possible? Any suggestions? Thanks!
We’re it possibLe to make the Jeep faster and improve fuel economy, don’t you think that FCA would have done so to make it easier to meet CAFE standards?

IMO, make your 5 passenger a 2 passenger and rip out every bit of extra weight. Remove the spare, jack, etc, remove the rear seats, put plastic bumpers on, etc. rip out all the carpet. get lighter rims (FCA already did that but you can likely find something lighter).

And, when you are done, you will have a faster vehicle that gets better gas mileage but do you really have the Jeep JLU That you want?

Sponsored

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
You’re looking at about 8-10k depending on where you live for that.
Trip to the shop to get a quote on the installation of an Edelbrock Supercharger for your 3.6L V6 Pentastar: $12.80

Edelbrock Supercharger kit order: $6,798.00

Labour and install: $1,920.00

Thrill of the ride home: Priceless.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Trip to the shop to get a quote on the installation of an Edelbrock Supercharger for your 3.6L V6 Pentastar: $12.80

Edelbrock Supercharger kit order: $6,798.00

Labour and install: $1,920.00

Thrill of the ride home: Priceless.

Speaking from experience? I'd like to know how the install breaks down. Specifically, the tuning and programming/unlocking required but I haven't seen anyone with one installed yet. Edelbrock or Magnuson.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Junk Yard LS swap with twin turbos. They are pulling 1500 hp out of stock LS motors with minor work and adding turbos. Get it done.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
You could save a lot of weight by replacing the seats with the basket seats out of a Citroen 2CV lol.

Outside of that, not a lot. The JL Wrangler already has an aluminum tub, lightweight doors, an 8 speed transmission that is sorta optimized both for conserving gas and offroading, and a heavy offroad suspension.

Maybe somebody makes lighter weight suspension components?

Also if you replace all the doors with cloth covers it might be lighter lol. But not a lot.

Ron93YJ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I have a basically stock 2019 V6 4 door wrangler. I am curious to find a way to make it faster. I have put a Jeep cold air intake on it and saw minimal difference. Also I want to keep my current fuel economy or improve it, all without voiding the warranty or breaking the bank. Is this possible? Any suggestions? Thanks!
Trade in for a 4xe! Yes, when running on the ICE alone the gas mileage isn’t much better, but you’ll likely save money with charging. Plus there’s a nice tax credit if you qualify.
Sponsored