EugeneTheJeep

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep

Still messed up. Anyone know what that high pitch chirp (cricket like noise) is in the video?
Sponsored

Romans9

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I ran with the 35s and no lift for a few weeks. It’s fine, but the suspension could be better with the larger unsprung mass, and it will rub off road.
This is not true.

We have a 2021 JLURD with 22,000 miles (springs are “settled“) bone stock suspension with 35’s. We just got back from Moab where we flexed it all the way out many times and there is absolutely no rubbing.

I post this for anyone reading who has a diesel and wants to install 35’s and is mislead by your statement. They will clear fine.

For the record we have BFG K03 tires.

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
This is not true.

We have a 2021 JLURD with 22,000 miles (springs are “settled“) bone stock suspension with 35’s. We just got back from Moab where we flexed it all the way out many times and there is absolutely no rubbing.

I post this for anyone reading who has a diesel and wants to install 35’s and is mislead by your statement. They will clear fine.

For the record we have BFG K03 tires.
I believe this is more of a rubicon fenders/factory lift vs normal fenders/lift thing

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I believe this is more of a rubicon fenders/factory lift vs normal fenders/lift thing
Bingo! I ran my Sport without a lift and my 35s for a week or so....looked BEEFY but it was darn close to rubbing even on road and it was far from ideal.

Sports and Saharas can run 35s stock, but the first bit of articulation you encounter will result in rubbing or worse, tearing a fender flare off.

Rubicons, including diesel Rubicons, have high-top flares which allow for greater clearance and sit a couple of inches taller than Sports and Saharas from the factory....hence why many people on a budget opt to buy a gently used Rubicon suspension set-up for their Sport or Sahara.

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
I’m not sure if this has been posted yet, but I just noticed it. Is this a recent revision to the Mopar lift install guide, or has this always been there? I’m dumbfounded that the instructions actually show the springs bowing and say it’s supposed to do this.

“Properly installed springs will bow outwards”

Jeep Wrangler JL Maybe leave this badge off your Jeep BLTg6nE

Jeep Wrangler JL Maybe leave this badge off your Jeep OAulliD

Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
i updated my post from long ago to clarify that my lift brought my JLUWDs rear end up only 3", not 4" as i had posted.

also noted; my bump steer went away when i pulled out the front Track Bar Relocation bracket i had put on there (mistakenly thinking it was needed).

John Benoit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

Still messed up. Anyone know what that high pitch chirp (cricket like noise) is in the video?
I was on a very side to side bouncy trail when I started hearing a cricket chirping noise. Turns out I keep all the ducks people give me in a small laundry bag hanging by the rear passenger door. When I bounced one way it would swing out and then bounce the other way and the bag would hit the window. One of the ducks would chirp each time this happened. As for your noise check for a cracked front crankshaft pulley.
Sponsored