Next Generation Prediction

Parker1

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 2018 JLUS
When do you think the next gen (post JL) wrangler will launch? I personally think it'll be quicker this time around because of the Bronco and other competition.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The mid-cycle redesign should be coming out in a year from now as a 2023 model year.

I doubt Jeep will rush anything. They rushed the XR package and it shows.

Bronco production is not expected to get into full swing for another 12-18 months, anyway, which suits Jeep just perfectly. Bronco will be old news by then, and my prediction is that Ford’s production and quality problems will persist.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
I was more so wondering if it will undergo a major cosmetic change on the new model. I love my Wrangler and I understand that holding onto it's traditional appearance is a major part of its appeal.

But I also know humans get tired of a design looking similar forever. Is there a reason the fenders have to balloon out from the main body instead a more streamlined design?

OP
OP
Parker1

Parker1

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 2018 JLUS
I was more so wondering if it will undergo a major cosmetic change on the new model. I love my Wrangler and I understand that holding onto it's traditional appearance is a major part of its appeal.

But I also know humans get tired of a design looking similar forever. Is there a reason the fenders have to balloon out from the main body instead a more streamlined design?
Bought a base Laredo L and the vehicle has way more than my JL which was around 15000 more. I get we don’t buy jeeps for the tech or comfort but they should add some of the basics like proximity key and LED headlights without it being another package.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
We sure don’t buy Wranglers for the latest and greatest styling.

I wouldn’t expect more than redesigned wheels on the outside; most of the changes are likely to be inside.

Wrangler styling is iconic; it ages like a well worn pair of jeans.

Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
What could possibly be done to update the interior? It’s great as is, nobody complains about the dash, steering wheel, or console like they did the JK.
They could add a pocket for another phone :)

Sponsored

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
The JL is way more refined than the JK. I am not sure how much more they can improve on it. And I wouldn’t expect much in the way of exterior re-design. As someone else said, Jeeps are iconic and are known for the look.

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I love how everyone was hyped about the bronco but now you dont find much support for it.

the more i see in person, the uglier they look.
So true. They are like a unicorn, very rarely seen on the road. I have seen one since launch and it was just last night with the doors off.

OP
OP
Parker1

Parker1

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 2018 JLUS
For interior it would be cool if they took influence from aftermarket solutions for things like switch kits, alpine UI on the x409. The door storage in trunk would also be useful to me.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I think we will see the new u-connect in 2023, with perhaps a dash update to get the big screen in by replacing the HVAC controls on screen like in other models.

At some point we should also see the rumored i6; but that might be in the next model update.

As for Bronco support - this is really fibbing to yourself. Many of the Wrangler off road vendors are working on parts but has been slow due to Bronco availability. Synergy, Rock Krawler, Currie, Icon, Metal Cloak, all have stuff in the works, as do many of the Ford aftermarket suppliers like Roush, Saleen, Steeda, etc, etc. Bronco will not have a shortage of aftermarket support at all - perhaps it even ends up being larger than the Wranglers support as Ford really learnt this was important on the Mustangs over the years and do it right.

Doesn't mean I am a Bronco lover - that has yet to prove itself - but shortage of aftermarket parts will not be the issue.