Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara fixable or Total loss???

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
This is incorrect. Just because you hit someone from behind doesn't mean you're automatically at fault in the eyes of the law, or insurance. Generally it was your fault, but not all the time.

I hit a lady from behind in my 79' CJ-7. I offered for her to just pay me $100 to get the bumper replaced (just the U shaped metal got bent a little), but she refused and called the police. The cop cited her and she argued with him that I should be at fault because I hit her from behind, but she pulled out right in front of me and there was no way to avoid hitting her without crossing into oncoming traffic. Her insurance company accepted full responsibility as well.
Correct, concerning accident investigation there is no such thing as always or automatically
New information on the case the First car caused the accident she had gotten rear ended way before the other cars in my accident but it was a hit and run so she was completely parked in my lane with emergency lights on the car that hit her was going speed limit while raining which is why they hit the first car and the lady in the Jeep that I hit was distracted by her dog which was in the car causing her to hit the back of the car in front of her and it has been determined that my Jeep hydroplaned into the Jeep in front of me so my attorneys told me that when we go to court it will most likely be put for partially my blame since I should have had a little more distance.
That makes more sense but I can hardly see this going to court. Was any personal injury involved? Different states different laws I suppose.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Personally, I would request them to total it out even if they say it's not. They may deny it and want to repair and if that's the case oh well at least you tried. But I recently had my Jeep totaled when someone ran a red light and smacked me. Ended up coming out about $8k richer than when I bought the car originally because the market is so hot right now.
Exactly a 2019 Sahara with 5k miles right now is literally 50k so I would be making more money because prices are just so high right now. Btw mine was a 2019 Sahara with 11k miles.

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correct, concerning accident investigation there is no such thing as always or automatically

That makes more sense but I can hardly see this going to court. Was any personal injury involved? Different states different laws I suppose.
No I believe all where Florida residents but I think I over heard someone say they lived in Georgia

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
And this is what the world has come to and I see it everyday.
No personal responsibility for ones actions.
Snowflake effect.
Dude had to hire an attorney for him to accept the fact that he will be at least partially at fault for the accident.
This isn't going to court, but the OP will be paying atty fees and enjoy an increased premium during next policy cycle.

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
I am a

I am an excellent driver dumb ass never had a ticket never had a car accident before last week ever why don’t you just shut the hell up I am one of the safest drivers you would ever see out in the road. I am no bad driver and you accusing me of being is just a sick move you don’t know me so don’t assume shit about me like I said I’m a safe driver believe if you want I don’t give a shit I know what happened and I know my conscience is clear and God knows I’m a safe driver this is what’s wrong with the world people accusing people and assuming shit about them that they don’t even know is certain.
Sorry, are you talking to me? Because your comment and tone doesn't quite match what I said. I think you meant to answer another?

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
New information on the case the First car caused the accident she had gotten rear ended way before the other cars in my accident but it was a hit and run so she was completely parked in my lane with emergency lights on the car that hit her was going speed limit while raining which is why they hit the first car and the lady in the Jeep that I hit was distracted by her dog which was in the car causing her to hit the back of the car in front of her and it has been determined that my Jeep hydroplaned into the Jeep in front of me so my attorneys told me that when we go to court it will most likely be put for partially my blame since I should have had a little more distance.
This is exactly correct. Your fault lies only with the part for which you had control. You are not at fault for the entire chain of events.

R00STER

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L - 6sp
First off I am not a lawyer, what I am about to state comes from the reasearch I did prior to deciding not to get an in cab dashcam.

I know people like to have dash cams, because it provides them a sense of protection from others; however, there are other legal implications of having a dash cam that are a liability to you. Without getting into state specific privacy laws, the main consideration is that if you have dashcam footage of an accident or a crime that (implicates you as the guilty party) then you cannot surpress or delele that footage without committing another crime. Police have been trained to look for dashcams and can seize it as part of their investigation. Once they seize it anything on that dash cam can and will be used against you in a court of law.

Just look at the trials and tribulations of Jeremy DeWitt (just Google it), once they took his personal body cam, they reviewed it and cited him for every crime amd traffic violation he caught on film.

Wear what you dig, but realize dash cams are double edged swords. Do some legal research before u install one to see if it is worth the risk where you live.

OldMarine

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
This thread is a better train wreck then the actual accident.
I’m glad it sounds like everyone is okay.
No idea why “safe driver OP” got an attorney, the accident investigators will spell everything out for all of the insurance providers.
Any word on if the Jeep is a total loss?

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, are you talking to me? Because your comment and tone doesn't quite match what I said. I think you meant to answer another?
Yea no your good my guy I’m answering to another person my bad I’m still new to this whole responding on this website

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This thread is a better train wreck then the actual accident.
I’m glad it sounds like everyone is okay.
No idea why “safe driver OP” got an attorney, the accident investigators will spell everything out for all of the insurance providers.
Any word on if the Jeep is a total loss?
Insurance is super busy apparently so I hope I get the call today i guarantee it’s a total loss

Sponsored

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First off I am not a lawyer, what I am about to state comes from the reasearch I did prior to deciding not to get an in cab dashcam.

I know people like to have dash cams, because it provides them a sense of protection from others; however, there are other legal implications of having a dash cam that are a liability to you. Without getting into state specific privacy laws, the main consideration is that if you have dashcam footage of an accident or a crime that (implicates you as the guilty party) then you cannot surpress or delele that footage without committing another crime. Police have been trained to look for dashcams and can seize it as part of their investigation. Once they seize it anything on that dash cam can and will be used against you in a court of law.

Just look at the trials and tribulations of Jeremy DeWitt (just Google it), once they took his personal body cam, they reviewed it and cited him for every crime amd traffic violation he caught on film.

Wear what you dig, but realize dash cams are double edged swords. Do some legal research before u install one to see if it is worth the risk where you live.
Thanks for the heads up I appreciate it

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
At this point all my concern is with the Gator Mom who got rear ended.
She started a thread "SHOULD I SUE THE GUY WHO HIT ME?" ♟️🗽😎

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
Yea no your good my guy I’m answering to another person my bad I’m still new to this whole responding on this website
Yeah I was answering a general statement about at-fault accidents should cost someone, not specifically about you or your accident. I didn't even realize i was replying to the guy who had the accident (the OP). All good, man.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I just realized this thread was never a serious one at all, but I took the bait. Nice.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
When I slammed on brakes it has been determined I was going 38 in a 45 mph zone basically from my understanding of what my attorney told me is that every one has a part to blame but it is not my fault completely they told me
If you weren't able to maintain control it doesn't matter how fast you were going, it was still too fast. The speed limit isn't how fast you should be going, the basic speed rule is how fast you should be going. You shouldn't drive 38 in 45 mph zone if you cannot stop for the car in front of you, bwahahaha. You're hilarious man, really.
Sponsored