JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

crvella

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Quick update: Our dealer checked today and it looks like our Jeep is being shipped on a truck all the way from Toledo to Foley, Alabama. He's pretty baffled and said they usually come by train to Birmingham and then a truck to Foley.

Does this seem odd to you all? We're not mad because he said the train takes about 2 weeks and it looks like the truck will have it here by the end of this week. 🤔
Where did you get all these updates? I see a build sheet, and I’m trying to work out from that what it actually means. I don’t see a window sticker yet and wondering what the typical length of time from build to sticker is. Think I got a build sheet a few weeks ago, but nothing since.

Advertisement

jstubbs88

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Well, As stated before, got exited too soon. Just got a delivery update of 9/30-10/7, even though it has been in "shipping" since 9/11. Horsecrap.
-Ordered 6/21. D1 for EVER.
-Built 8/25
-JB 8/26-9/10 for some odd reason.
I've got a light offroad trip on 10/3. I've been looking forward to it for 2 years when they cancelled it last year for covid. If this grossly overpriced polished turd isn't here by 10/2, and I have to miss the trip, I'm walking. And yes, I get that the dealer will just sell it to someone else, but the dealer isn't to blame for once, so good for them. but it's still one less sale.
This would have been my 7th Jeep over the years. My last, a JK rubicon cost me $29,500 NEW. This 4xe is over 60k, and the only reason I entertained a new Wrangler is because the 4xe lease is stupid good due to uncle sams freebies. $60K gets me a much better "real" car than the wrangler which is really just a toy. And this toy is losing it's novelty before it even arrives with Jeep completely ruing the experience And giving us multiple price increases along the way. No one who drives a wrangler, NEEDS to go offroad or take the top off, it's a very expensive WANT, a hobby, a culture. What many of us probably NEED is a stripped jeep compass for 24k., and it gets harder to justify a 38k adder for the WANT portion when they suck the fun out of it and make you wait, there's only so much a human will take.
I work(ed) for BMW/Audi/Porsche and I have never seen such an incredibly inefficient build and ship process!! The difference is night and day and it is clearly apparent that Jeep needs to get it's shit together if they want repeat customers.
I have had customer orders made after I put in my own Jeep order in June, come in weeks ago... and it was built from nothing in Germany, even accounting for the materials shortage!!!
When Jeep dealerships
tell you that it is a crapshoot when Jeeps come in once it hits shipping, it really tells you how mismanaged and inefficient this company is, even when the cars are made in our own "backyard".

CrimsonGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I work(ed) for BMW/Audi/Porsche and I have never seen such an incredibly inefficient build and ship process!! The difference is night and day and it is clearly apparent that Jeep needs to get it's shit together if they want repeat customers.
I have had customer orders made after I put in my own Jeep order in June, come in weeks ago... and it was built from nothing in Germany, even accounting for the materials shortage!!!
When Jeep dealerships
tell you that it is a crapshoot when Jeeps come in once it hits shipping, it really tells you how mismanaged and inefficient this company is, even when the cars are made in our own "backyard".
Some people are fly by night customers, some people are MOPAR or NO CAR. It's not a vehicle, it's an experience and the stress of not knowing is part of the experience I have just learned. I never ordered a vehicle before. I always took what was on the lot that met my needs.

With this being my first Wrangler after 3 straight WK2s, I was getting what I wanted and how I wanted it. I am an impatient bastard and the wait was gut wrenching but well worth it.

I have been in IT / Systems for over 20 years and have created many data mining interfaces, so the lack of a system that is available to customers to track orders seems crazy to me. I find it more amazing that the CSRs have no view into the system that the dealers see.

Then again, I just found out Chrysler Capital only allows 2 accounts per email address, so they don't know how to scale either.

When you are in a business that has ebbs and flows and has dealt with numerous government bailouts, plus mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures, you are going to see a mish mash of systems that do not integrate and people that can't see it when they should be able to access the data.

On that note, to quote Denis Leary, "Life sucks, get a helmet!"

MBJeep4

First Name
Mandi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK, 2021 JL Sport Altitude on order
Well, now that my jeep has been sitting in the rail yard for a week, I thought I would call Jeep Chat and see when they thought it would be delivered to the dealer. They said it was delivered today. So how long will the dealership need it before it is ready for me to pick up? I told my salesman that I did not want them to do their "detailing" of the vehicle, that I would be doing that myself. So Maybe a call tomorrow? What is the typical time after the dealer gets it before they call you? Tomorrow is 7 weeks since I ordered it. Salesman told me 6-8. He nailed it.
The dealer told me today it got in this morning and they need a couple hours to get it ready and inspected. I go to pick it up at 2pm because well... work sucks and have to take care of that first, lol.

sydw

First Name
sydney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
I ordered a Tuscadero 4xe on the first day the color was order-able (8/6). Still scheduling parts, but we are excited for the eventual arrival!

I don't think that is really the case. I'm tracking a Sahara 4xe order that I placed on 6/25. It's had a build sheet for nearly a week, but still no sticker. For a while I was wondering if my Tuscadero 4xe would get built before the one ordered on 6/25, but it looks like both will suffer the long path to build.
I’m still waiting in the scheduling stage too, been there for probably a week and a half. My brother whose Wrangler we ordered 1.5hr after mine is in the frame stage as of today.

Sponsored

RedBaron91

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JLR
2021 JLR in Sting-Gray
3.6 L with M/T
Premium Soft Top
Steel Bumpers
LED Group
Premium Audio
Cold Weather Group
Tow Package

• Ordered 8/26
  • VIN/VON 9/3
  • All parts received and ready to build 9/17

badgerridge719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
7-27 order
7-28 VIN
8/28 - D1 status, scheduled 9/15 ship date (as per Daniel from Gupton)
9/16 - rescheduled build date of 10/12, still in D1 status (as per Daniel from Gupton)

At least this time I got the Cara email from Jeep US Customer Care stating that they "opened a special tracking file to both give my build prioritization and ensure that I get direct email updates during the rest of the build process".

Anyone else who has gotten this email, have they noticed any changes in their build status? Should I expect to get semi regular update emails from Jeep from this point going forward or is all of this just a ploy by Jeep to make long haul wait customers like me semi-happy? @LuvYella

lisalynne

First Name
BlackBetty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara, '21 High Altitude on order
I believe that's JB status...I was there for three weeks...
I don't think my dealer or Jeep understands that all we want to know is what the hell is going on!!!

brennaman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 WK 2014 JK, 2021 JLR snazzberry
Occupation
damn near retired
The dealer told me today it got in this morning and they need a couple hours to get it ready and inspected. I go to pick it up at 2pm because well... work sucks and have to take care of that first, lol.
I sure hope my dealer is that quick. And yea, work sucks. Thanks for the reply,

Lax854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
I ordered a 4xe on 6/15. No build sheet found for my car yet through crypto however I received an email from Jeep us customer car stating the car had been built. Confirmed today w Jeep chat that the car is built and is awaiting a shipping date.

Sponsored

JRBJeep

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe, 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Today marks 12 weeks since I ordered my Sahara 4xe but still no Jeep 😢 Delivery window was 9/10-9/21 and just got the email from Cara last night stating that it is now 9/15-9/29. It has been sitting at the rail yard in Baltimore since 9/10 (Maybe even sooner but that is when i called the dealer) which is only 45 mins from my dealer. I could have walked there and pushed it to the dealer by now 😂 The dealer did say last Friday that they were already invoiced for it. Does anyone have any experience with how long it takes to get to the dealer after they have been invoiced?

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
7-27 order
7-28 VIN
8/28 - D1 status, scheduled 9/15 ship date (as per Daniel from Gupton)
9/16 - rescheduled build date of 10/12, still in D1 status (as per Daniel from Gupton)

At least this time I got the Cara email from Jeep US Customer Care stating that they "opened a special tracking file to both give my build prioritization and ensure that I get direct email updates during the rest of the build process".

Anyone else who has gotten this email, have they noticed any changes in their build status? Should I expect to get semi regular update emails from Jeep from this point going forward or is all of this just a ploy by Jeep to make long haul wait customers like me semi-happy? @LuvYella
Pretty much everything they (FCA) have done to me is a 1-2 week delay tactic. Long enough so they can get you off their back and ignore you, short enough while you are pissed, you wait without alot of fuss. Problem is they stack these weeks on top of each other and *poof*, all the sudden, you are 15 weeks out from order.

Good luck on yours, I hope it comes fast!

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
So apparently mine is still at the plant…3 weeks, Jeep is having issues with drivers figured it was due to that shortage…so like I’ve said before even if your Jeep gets pushed down the line it may still stay at the plant…just have need the patience’s. :(

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
So apparently mine is still at the plant…3 weeks, Jeep is having issues with drivers figured it was due to that shortage…so like I’ve said before even if your Jeep gets pushed down the line it may still stay at the plant…just have need the patience’s. :(
Something I'm sorely lacking these days.

Advertisement

Advertisement