Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase

Moose568

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Rubicon
Daniel Gupton and I just worked out a deal today!
Super easy so far.

5% below invoice
6% below invoice with Tread Lightly
7% below invoice with tread lightly and dealer financing if you borrow $25k

Edited for correct%

Last edited:

msmingel

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, Acura MDX
Exchanged some emails today with Steve at Chapman auto group and he is offering 4% below invoice on a factory order. When I asked about a deposit, he said one wasn't needed, which I thought was strange. When I asked why he didn't want a deposit, he said, "We have 1200+ retail orders at our store that need to be sold to the end user. If you order the unit. You have 1st right of refusal. " So, what does that mean? He will order it and if it comes in, I can have first crack at it and if I don't take it they will sell it to someone else? Wouldn't I want to put a deposit down? Shouldn't that give me more protection to make sure I get the vehicle I ordered? When I have ordered other vehicles in the past (other makes) I have always had to put down a deposit. Thoughts?

Rugradu8

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler TJ
Exchanged some emails today with Steve at Chapman auto group and he is offering 4% below invoice on a factory order. When I asked about a deposit, he said one wasn't needed, which I thought was strange. When I asked why he didn't want a deposit, he said, "We have 1200+ retail orders at our store that need to be sold to the end user. If you order the unit. You have 1st right of refusal. " So, what does that mean? He will order it and if it comes in, I can have first crack at it and if I don't take it they will sell it to someone else? Wouldn't I want to put a deposit down? Shouldn't that give me more protection to make sure I get the vehicle I ordered? When I have ordered other vehicles in the past (other makes) I have always had to put down a deposit. Thoughts?
I ordered from Tom Borah (owner) at Chapman and he didn't take a deposit either.

jjjoootttaaa

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JLUR
I also ordered from Chapman yesterday and found it strange that no deposit was needed.

Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
I also ordered from Chapman yesterday and found it strange that no deposit was needed.
Same thing when I ordered the plus is I have nothing to lose if it get scheduled...1 month later it is being shipped.

mopac001

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara Snazzberry
Details? What are they actually selling under invoice for? What is their DOC fee?
I can whole heartedly recommend Jim Butler CDJR in Linn, Missouri. Email Steve Boechmann as has been mentioned here and tell him where you got this information - [email protected]

I guarantee you'll be impressed with what he quotes you. I was given a price lower than anyone else contingent on Tread Lightly affiliation and the dealership financing. I asked for and was given an "out the door" price. They did show a DOC fee and something else on the sales order but it netted to the "out the door" price I was given right off the bat. I don't care how they want to slice it up internally if I can get the "bottom line" up front and compare that to everyone else's bottom line.

In the end I couldn't get the advance information on financing that I wanted so I paid the upcharge they'd quoted me at the very beginning and financed it myself ahead of time. So everything dollar wise that I was quoted at the very beginning was honored. It made the entire experience at the dealership completely painless. We took Amtrak to Jefferson City, MO and Steve sent somebody to the station to pick us up. The train ride was a great trip. We went to a local restaurant after picking the Jeep up and then had a nice drive home. I've had plenty of extremely stressful vehicle purchase experiences in my life. This was NOT one of them. This is the way old line dealerships need to make the purchase experience if they are going to compete with Carvana, Tesla and the rest of the next gen experiences of car buying. I'd be more inclined to buy vehicles more frequently if there were more folks like Steve at traditional dealerships.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I can whole heartedly recommend Jim Butler CDJR in Linn, Missouri. Email Steve Boechmann as has been mentioned here and tell him where you got this information - [email protected]

I guarantee you'll be impressed with what he quotes you. I was given a price lower than anyone else contingent on Tread Lightly affiliation and the dealership financing. I asked for and was given an "out the door" price. They did show a DOC fee and something else on the sales order but it netted to the "out the door" price I was given right off the bat. I don't care how they want to slice it up internally if I can get the "bottom line" up front and compare that to everyone else's bottom line.

In the end I couldn't get the advance information on financing that I wanted so I paid the upcharge they'd quoted me at the very beginning and financed it myself ahead of time. So everything dollar wise that I was quoted at the very beginning was honored. It made the entire experience at the dealership completely painless. We took Amtrak to Jefferson City, MO and Steve sent somebody to the station to pick us up. The train ride was a great trip. We went to a local restaurant after picking the Jeep up and then had a nice drive home. I've had plenty of extremely stressful vehicle purchase experiences in my life. This was NOT one of them. This is the way old line dealerships need to make the purchase experience if they are going to compete with Carvana, Tesla and the rest of the next gen experiences of car buying. I'd be more inclined to buy vehicles more frequently if there were more folks like Steve at traditional dealerships.
You reallly need to know what exactly you are paying. A percentage under invoice is common. A out the door price can be different for everyone. Too many variables like different taxes, fees, trade-in, front or back end products, financing requirements, etc.

Last edited:

MallTerrainVehicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Ordered from Gupton, in the shipping stage. Just to be clear, even though they assured me there was none, has anyone experienced Gupton or any of these other dealers try to pull any market adjustment BS on them?

badgerridge719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Ordered from Gupton, in the shipping stage. Just to be clear, even though they assured me there was none, has anyone experienced Gupton or any of these other dealers try to pull any market adjustment BS on them?
Nope, Gupton has an immaculate track record of being very honest on pricing. I believe you will pay the price at the time of order.

Sponsored

kglassic

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.criswellchryslerjeepdodge.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Occupation
Jeep Sales Manager
Any dealerships around PA, DC area selling below invoice?

I emailed Chapman but not getting a response .
Criswell Jeep September special offer:

Factory orders 7% below invoice now through September 30, 2021 @ 6:00 pm EST.

2021 Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited factory orders = 7% below factory invoice (3% Jeep Forum member + 1% Affiliate Rewards + 3% conventional financing/leasing).

NOTE: The 3% conventional financing discount does not include Chrysler special financing offers and requires financing 75% of the vehicle sales price. We are affiliated with multiple banks that compete to earn your business. As a result, they offer very competitive rates.

Our forum pricing does not include your state and local taxes, tag/title fees and dealer processing of $500.

No additional fees, equipment or accessories added to your price. Wheel locks are included at no charge.

All trade-in appraisal values are guaranteed until time of delivery of your new Jeep.

NEW – We have partnered with a new shipper that offers quicker pick up and better rates. Your salesman can provide a guaranteed shipping cost at time of order.

Please contact us at [email protected] or 301-212-4411.

kglassic

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Occupation
Jeep Sales Manager
Emailed him but no response.
Criswell Jeep September special offer:

Factory orders 7% below invoice now through September 30, 2021 @ 6:00 pm EST.

2021 Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited factory orders = 7% below factory invoice (3% Jeep Forum member + 1% Affiliate Rewards + 3% conventional financing/leasing).

NOTE: The 3% conventional financing discount does not include Chrysler special financing offers and requires financing 75% of the vehicle sales price. We are affiliated with multiple banks that compete to earn your business. As a result, they offer very competitive rates.

Our forum pricing does not include your state and local taxes, tag/title fees and dealer processing of $500.

No additional fees, equipment or accessories added to your price. Wheel locks are included at no charge.

All trade-in appraisal values are guaranteed until time of delivery of your new Jeep.

NEW – We have partnered with a new shipper that offers quicker pick up and better rates. Your salesman can provide a guaranteed shipping cost at time of order.

Please contact us at [email protected] or 301-212-4411.

kglassic

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Occupation
Jeep Sales Manager
Hi all... new to this thread and looking to lease a new 2021 JL Willys unlimited. I've reached out to a few different dealerships and am getting different prices all across the board. I found one dealership which gave me 8.9% off MSRP with the tread lightly affiliate.

My question is why do none of the dealerships guarantee a lease payment when ordering a new jeep. Some places are quoting me at $500 for 48 months while some are giving a similar price for 36 months. If anyone has any recommendations on a dealership that gives great pricing on a lease for a custom build please reach out. I currently located in NJ but don't mind traveling to another state to pick up. Thanks!!1
We'll guarantee a quoted lease payment for 90 days regardless of money factor/residual changes by the lender.

[email protected]
301-212-4411

gus2k

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
+1 for Mike Clinnin in GA (so far!)

I tried a couple dealers in this thread and Mike was not only the fastest to respond, but quick to help with tweaks, turn around changes, and get the order going. JLUR 4xe with most options. Mike's been great at sending updates my way.

Timeline so far:

8/20 - Ordered. VON.
8/27 - VIN
9/9 - D1
9/29 - Est build date

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model Y, Gladiator
+1 for Mike Clinnin in GA (so far!)

I tried a couple dealers in this thread and Mike was not only the fastest to respond, but quick to help with tweaks, turn around changes, and get the order going. JLUR 4xe with most options. Mike's been great at sending updates my way.

Timeline so far:

8/20 - Ordered. VON.
8/27 - VIN
9/9 - D1
9/29 - Est build date
I bet my Gecko 4xe Rubicon will be on the same transports to Mike's dealership

9/4 ordered with Mike
9/6 Mike gave me VIN and VON
9/9 gave me an estimated build day of 9/29
Sponsored