Sponsored

Something similar to the Mopar’s Performance Rock Rails?

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Fishbone has a similar frame mounted slider/step to the SB SRC/Westin Tri without the lower slider bar. My wife just didn't like the texture of their powdercoat when we saw it in person.
https://www.fishboneoffroad.com/products/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=2158&idcategory=97

Edit: Also, Rugged Ridge has one that is similiar, but it has "rocker armor" built in. It is no drill, though: https://ruggedridge.com/p/xhd-rock-sliders/v/jeep/wrangler/2019/
I actually really like those Rugged Ridge ones you posted above. Not sure about the lower portion of the doors being covered but it may break up the blue a bit more.
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I actually really like those Rugged Ridge ones you posted above. Not sure about the lower portion of the doors being covered but it may break up the blue a bit more.
At least they don't require drilling into the body like all the other rocker "armor".

One thing to think about is if the steps you pick cover up the pinch weld. When you pull the rubi rails, the pinch weld stick's out like a sore thumb and has several holes in it.

Fishbone is the only separate pinch weld cover I've found, and it runs $100. SB SRCs come with a similar plastic cover.

Jeep Wrangler JL Something similar to the Mopar’s Performance Rock Rails? 1631739994933

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if the Mopar Performance rock rails fit the 392? I have read that they dont work with the Diesel JLs. I am trying to find someone who has them on a diesel now as I found a cheap set for sale on ebay and they are local here so I can just go grab them. but dont want to buy if they wont fit.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I wonder if the Mopar Performance rock rails fit the 392? I have read that they dont work with the Diesel JLs. I am trying to find someone who has them on a diesel now as I found a cheap set for sale on ebay and they are local here so I can just go grab them. but dont want to buy if they wont fit.
Good point. I’m not sure but I know you’ll find out for me.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
At least they don't require drilling into the body like all the other rocker "armor".

One thing to think about is if the steps you pick cover up the pinch weld. When you pull the rubi rails, the pinch weld stick's out like a sore thumb and has several holes in it.

Fishbone is the only separate pinch weld cover I've found, and it runs $100. SB SRCs come with a similar plastic cover.

Jeep Wrangler JL Something similar to the Mopar’s Performance Rock Rails? 1631739994933
After consideration, I’m about to purchase the DV8 Offroad SRJL-04. They are the closest thing I can find to something I like. I noticed the pinch seam is showing with these. Do you have a recommendation for a pinch seam cover for the DV8s?

Sponsored

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport

Sponsored

JokerCA

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
If you haven’t looked into them, Rock Slide makes a pretty slick setup. It’s a full blown rock slider with a drop out step that’s magnet actuated. They look very clean, but certainly @ a premium $2100.

I too am looking for something but leaning more towards a drop step bs running boards or nerf bars.

Best of luck!

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
If you haven’t looked into them, Rock Slide makes a pretty slick setup. It’s a full blown rock slider with a drop out step that’s magnet actuated. They look very clean, but certainly @ a premium $2100.

I too am looking for something but leaning more towards a drop step bs running boards or nerf bars.

Best of luck!
Yeah I have looked at them seriously. The Gen 3s look nice but yes their steep and it’s hard to imagine beating them up heavy at $2.2K. Still not out of the question yet.

R00STER

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L - 6sp
Still can’t find anything I like. With the 37s I definitely would like a step since this my DD but most of the options lose clearance, have a tube design which I don’t like or don’t really offer protection. I’m almost thinking there’s nothing on the market at this time that I’m picturing in my mind.

Jeep Wrangler JL Something similar to the Mopar’s Performance Rock Rails? 1631859483944
I believe Poison Spyder has a beefy rock slider system (Rocker Nockers) that has a removable step that you can add.

Their website is hard to use, but here is a link to the steps.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/poison-spyder-rocker-knocker-step-kit-19-08-050p1/_/R-FVNN-19-08-050P1
Sponsored