Sponsored

What is one of the most overlooked features of your Jeep?

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
3. Speed limit if known is always shown. (This really should be an optional "always on" icon the driver's display cluster)
You know what?

I totally glossed over your suggestion, but I think you've hit something big there. That, my man, is a top-tier basic feature that I'd pay CASH for. Right now! Assuming that FCA isn't going to do that for us anytime soon, I submitted this as a feature request for the Tazer JL Mini team. The big assumption, of course, would be whether or not that value can actually be queried from the outside the Uconnect radio. (I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I really really want that functionality.)

TAZER JL FEATURE REQUEST SUBMITTED AS FOLLOWS:
*If* it is possible to pull not the vehicle's current speed, but to pull the current speed LIMIT from the navigation system, then you should offer a combined center-console display of both current speed and speed limit right on the dash. I have to say that those two things are THE two most common pieces of information that I reference throughout any trip of significant I make in my vehicle. Bar none. And I know I'm not alone!

ISSUES: Yes, this totally assumes that there's a way to pull that value from the Uconnect box. There is also certainly a dependency that the Nav application is loaded and running (and running in the background *may* suffice). Listen, I don't know if you can pull that value or not, but if you can.... AWESOME FEATURE, MY MAN. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!
You could probably tell that I'm a bit excited by your incredibly good suggestion. Even more so, since I stumbled across it in the most unlikely of places... a discussion of existing features that mostly go overlooked! ;)
Sponsored

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
BLD used it when climbing a rocky hill a few weekends ago, I could feel it working, didn't slip once. I do need to change my pads soon, they were squeaking up the hill. I have the limited slip m220 axle, the combination of the two made me feel like a pro driver.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Jeepā€™s Quadra-coil suspension.

Nothing else on the market drives, rides, feels, and bobs your head like a Jeep on four coils. In fact, every other automaker goes to great lengths so that you donā€™t have to feel a thing.

Jeepā€™s suspension makes you feel like you can drive through and over anything. Thatā€™s what keeps me coming back to Wranglers.
yeap. This is what I feel like when I am driving my jeep:

200.gif

He is doing a Jeep wave too.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
BLD used it when climbing a rocky hill a few weekends ago, I could feel it working, didn't slip once. I do need to change my pads soon, they were squeaking up the hill. I have the limited slip m220 axle, the combination of the two made me feel like a pro driver.
The rear LSD with the BLD works really well. Specially for such a cheap feature. I am adding a front locker to my Jeep and itll be beast.

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Lumbar adjustment on the driver's seat...and heated steering wheel!

Sponsored

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Lumbar adjustment on the driver's seat...and heated steering wheel!
Heated steering wheel is part of the Cold Weather Group. For lumbar adjustment you'll get nothing, and like it!

JackalopeJL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU rubicon 6speed manual
The most overlooked feature I have seen in my eyes is the 4.0 gear set in the Rubicon transfer case. So many people have no clue it is even there vs a non Rubicon or how much of a awesome feature this is. Hell, the highly regarded city slicker TFL crew next to never (if ever) even mentions it..lol

I think it is starting to show too with the 392 Rubicon not having a real Rubicon gearset in the t-case. The torque of the v8 does not replace the gearing in any way shape or form and will keep transmission slippage way up during serious wheeling.. IMO

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
The most overlooked feature I have seen in my eyes is the 4.0 gear set in the Rubicon transfer case. So many people have no clue it is even there vs a non Rubicon or how much of a awesome feature this is. Hell, the highly regarded city slicker TFL crew next to never (if ever) even mentions it..lol

I think it is starting to show too with the 392 Rubicon not having a real Rubicon gearset in the t-case. The torque of the v8 does not replace the gearing in any way shape or form and will keep transmission slippage way up during serious wheeling.. IMO
That's cause for the vast majority of people the non-rubicon T-case offers more than enough crawling capability on 4lo. Even on black diamond trails. But I agree, when doing really really hard stuff this def shows up.

Oh and on a manual tranny, crawling with the Rubi T-case. Huge. Auto tranny? meh.

JackalopeJL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's cause for the vast majority of people the non-rubicon T-case offers more than enough crawling capability on 4lo. Even on black diamond trails. But I agree, when doing really really hard stuff this def shows up.

Oh and on a manual tranny, crawling with the Rubi T-case. Huge. Auto tranny? meh.

For my mechanical mind it makes as big or bigger of a difference on the automatic.. I guess I have rebuilt too many transmissions that have been severely overheated to not think it is a big deal. Also the control in decent, Changes everything. But either way for me it is by far the most over looked feature of the rubicon..

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
For my mechanical mind it makes as big or bigger of a difference on the automatic.. I guess I have rebuilt too many transmissions that have been severely overheated to not think it is a big deal. Also the control in decent, Changes everything. But either way for me it is by far the most over looked feature of the rubicon..
yeah idk. i crawl my sport without issues through places rubicon crawls. the JL auto tranny is cooled and cannot be compared to old auto trans.

The reason it is overlooked it is because it isnt an achilles heel for the sport, truly not ab issue. you have people buy rubicon suspensions, or axles to get lockers, gears, lift, articulation etc... But transfer case isnt that common, because it isnt necessary. although some do.

Sponsored

JackalopeJL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, it can be compared. Automatics have been cooled for 60 years and the basic mechanics of the auto tranny haven't changed.. The fact of the matter is slippage occurs. It occurs in all autos by design new or old.. Nobody said they don't work, nobody said they can't wheel. Nobody took aim at your JL. I answered a question with my opinion from many years of driving and repairing jeeps on how I think it is overlooked. So I am happy you can wheel with the best of them. Some times ignorance is bliss šŸ˜Š

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
No, it can be compared. Automatics have been cooled for 60 years and the basic mechanics of the auto tranny haven't changed.. The fact of the matter is slippage occurs. It occurs in all autos by design new or old.. Nobody said they don't work, nobody said they can't wheel. Nobody took aim at your JL. I answered a question with my opinion from many years of driving and repairing jeeps on how I think it is overlooked. So I am happy you can wheel with the best of them. Some times ignorance is bliss šŸ˜Š
Yeah I mean if it works it works. the auto is much easier to wheel than the manual. ive wheeled both and have driven manuals my whole life. whatcha gonna do.

you cant be serious about comparing the 8 speed in the JL with the other jeep models autos.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
The ā€œsexy AFā€œ factor! I get way more complements and looks for my JLUR than iā€™ve ever received for my 2 stage Dinan BMW X5M.ā€¦

everyone has jeeps and M cars are well.... more of a rare breedā€¦so wtf!!

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

I recently tried the hill descent control feature on a steep trail the other day: it is pretty nifty!
Sponsored