Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
That's been my experience with Vroom. First quote was $40K on my 2018 Sahara. It went down to $38k and today was back up to $40k. The problem with Vroom is they don't account for extras. My Sahara has Rubi wheels, tires, Mopar steel bumper and aluminum side steps (about $3k).
yeah... it is unlikely anyone would account for that.

I got offered slightly more than I paid for my sport S by Vroom so I could sell and buy a new one, but I would end up losing anyway because of taxes/license/fees. Sure I would have a brand new Jeep, but at 2 years old my Jeep is hardly old. So I am keeping it. It is good to know it keeps its value, so when the time comes to sell in about 5 years I'll get some of the money back.

I thought about trading for a Rubicon. I would only sell if I really needed to, or if it made more financial sense. At this point it doesn't really, upgrading it becomes more cost effective. I am looking for at least 4k in taxes/title/fees if I went Rubicon + the extra 12k or so, add to that the 3k I paid in taxes when I bought it. It makes no sense. I can get front/rear lockers for 3k.

My sport MSRP = 39K
I paid = 31.5k (before taxes/titles/fees)
Vroom offer = 32k
Sponsored

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to jump on an old thread and start asking questions from months ago but figured it was worth a shot. I am very interested in the Katzkin leather seats as I tried to make a change after I ordered my new jeep and they couldn't make the change. Can you tell me how it turned out? I really would like the look of my factory rubicon seat with the option of maybe cooling. I already have heated in the factory ones.
I am very happy with the Katzkin leather; it looks factory.

I bought the Katzkin covers online and then took it to a local upholsterer.

You can also order Katzkin leather through your Jeep dealer as an aftermarket accessory. Because they are an authorized Jeep dealer, they can get you Jeep, Sahara, Rubicon logos embroidered on the seats. My guess is you would want to talk to the Business Manager --the guy that tries to sell you the extended warranty and the paint coat.

I found the cost of getting it done aftermarket vs ordering from the factory was roughly the same: $1,500 - $1,600.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Has anyone sold to vroom or carvana lately? I got a really good offer through vroom in the beginning of June for ~50k I just checked today and they offered ~43. I was surprised it dropped so much. I have been going back and forth debating if I want to sell to order an extreme recon.
In May, Carvana offered me $5K above sticker price for my 7 month old 2021 JLU. In July, the same offer contracted to be equal to what I paid for the vehicle. Both were generous offers, no doubt about it.

I had no intention of selling my Jeep, though. It's been well-nigh perfect since the day I drove it home. And, as has been said:
These being Jeeps, that probability of getting two completely trouble-free Jeeps, one after another, are about 50-50...

You can't time the market.
In isolation, that's true. The shrewd investor knows when to stop talking and push the boat away from the harbor, though.

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Prices are all over the place. I plug my VIN in all the time to VROOM and today it is $1000 more than a few days ago but 4k lower than it was a few months ago.

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
Just looked at Kelley Blue Book for average trade-in on our 2019 2-Door Sport S and it's $1000 over what we paid for it in 2019. Never owned any kind of vehicle that appreciated over the first few years of ownership. Much more used to them declining in value by 40-50%.

Best,
-Tim

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Just looked at Kelley Blue Book for average trade-in on our 2019 2-Door Sport S and it's $1000 over what we paid for it in 2019. Never owned any kind of vehicle that appreciated over the first few years of ownership. Much more used to them declining in value by 40-50%.

Best,
-Tim
My cousin sold his 2019 rubicon with 34000 miles for 49k. he only paid 47k for it new.

I sold my 2020 JLUR with roughly 15000 miles last October (before the market went crazy) after owning it a year for 52k. I paid $47000.00 for it.
his was bone stock, mine had some accessories.

The price of Jeeps seems to be doing well. From the research I have done I expect them to climb a bit again until the demand drops back down and new stock can build back up. in some parts of the country it may be a bit lower, in places like CO, CA, AZ etc. they will be higher.

I plan to keep mine until the details around the mid-cycle refresh are out. I also plan to buy a new 2 row grand cherokee for my wife so when I do decide to sell we will still have something for at least mild trails. I really like my diesel, and if the rumor mills are true and that engine gets phased out ill keep mine longer. I will still sell before warranty is out, but wont trade it off for a 2023 right away if I can no longer get that engine. (even with the oil leak under 500 miles, I really like that powertrain)

GTVENOM

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
2020 JL from the dealership in VA. Dealer lift, new Fuel 18 in wheels, New 35" Grabbers. 52K price tag. Mint condition black. Could have bought multiple Sahara's at other Dealers in town but would have had to do all the above, not under Warranty and a pain in my a$$. I wanted a used Sahara that I didnt have to mod, just drive and have fun. Other dealers in the region listing same Saharas with no no lift, wheels, and new 35's for 49K.

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
Prices are all over the place. I plug my VIN in all the time to VROOM and today it is $1000 more than a few days ago but 4k lower than it was a few months ago.
Would love to know their algorithms.

Angelikadavid

First Name
Angelikadavid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
of course, we face a lot of issues while buying a used car or purchased car, so before we purchase better we go for a VIN check or logbook check to know about the jeep or car thoroughly which makes peace of mind. I faced once in my turn. After that, I don't do that mistake ever

daboink

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Wrangler JL 3.6
Occupation
Design/Builder
See the offers vroom is handing out right now, I have seen offers for 5-8k more than people were offered a month ago.
I received an offer from VROOM of $44,400 for my 2019 Rubicon w/ soft top and manual with 26,000 miles on it. Made me think, but didn't move.

Sponsored

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I just got a written offer from my dealer for $6000 more than I bought it for. Unreal. It makes you wonder if these 2018 Jeeps are more valuable that what we originally though. I kind of feel lucky to own one.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I just got a written offer from my dealer for $6000 more than I bought it for. Unreal. It makes you wonder if these 2018 Jeeps are more valuable that what we originally though. I kind of feel lucky to own one.
That is insanity. But hard to turn down deals like that. I just do not understand who is going into dealerships and paying me MSRP for used vehicles. But clearly it's happening.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
This all will end in tears, eventually.

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
On August 4th, I placed an order for a Unlimited Sport. The MSRP was $38,600, I paid $36,100. I'm in Milwaukee. A week ago I saw an ad for a 2020 Willys Unlimited with 6k miles on it. MSRP was $37,500... the dealer ended up selling it for $43,500... that dealer was in Madison. The buyer knew ordering new was cheaper, but wanted the vehicle right away. I'm trading in a VW Tiguan. It's got 160K miles on it, so it's time to let it go, but it still runs very well, it's awesome in snow, and I love driving it... I'm almost tempted to keep it and flip the Wrangler and order another one in spring.

AnthemAVM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Just to add to the crazy world, just put in a vroom quote and came back 4k higher than last week.
Sponsored