Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara fixable or Total loss???

Mr. Obvious

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2018 Accord Hybrid
I Don’t give a shit about your opinion thank you but I don’t I know what I’m doing if it was my fault I wouldnt be wasting my time with an attorney I’m not a dumbass
Get a dash camera, if you didn't have one already (everyone should have one). The camera doesn't lie.
Sponsored

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I Don’t give a shit about your opinion thank you but I don’t I know what I’m doing if it was my fault I wouldnt be wasting my time with an attorney I’m not a dumbass
People who lawyer up are usually protecting themselves.

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Well what else do I do yes due to the way the law is written I am at fault but what if there was nothing else I could have done like seriously there was nothing else to do except slamming on the brakes it was my mistake since road were wet but it changes the story if the people upfront had all ready crashed which it looks like they had the attorney will help prove that there was nothing else I could have done and the accident was not my fault.

Sponsored

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
Nothing wrong with protecting yourself.
In this instance I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze unless there are extenuating circumstances we are not aware of.
I fear the OP will not only be found at least partially at fault, but will also be saddled with atty fees as well.

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
Well what else do I do yes due to the way the law is written I am at fault but what if there was nothing else I could have done like seriously there was nothing else to do except slamming on the brakes it was my mistake since road were wet but it changes the story if the people upfront had all ready crashed which it looks like they had the attorney will help prove that there was nothing else I could have done and the accident was not my fault.
It will come out that you were following too close for the conditions.
I know where you are coming from (I've been there), but in the end just because you don't feel it was your fault, it doesn't mean in the eyes of the law you aren't.
That's life.
Can I ask how old you are?

Last edited:

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Driving in the rain in Florida is no joke. The roads are flat and smooth. There is a thin coating of water on top of the road surface because the roads are so flat.

I once drove from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale during some heavy rains. I saw so many accidents.

Not fun.

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
I work in emergency services and have been to a lot of motor vehicle collisions. If you hit another vehicle from behind it is always your fault because you were following to close, traveling too fast for conditions or distracted driving. If the vehicle in front of you stops, no matter how quickly and what the road conditions are, you are expected to be far enough behind them to also stop. If they are in a sports car with the best brakes available and you are in a 1960 Ford with manual drum brakes going down hill on ice you are expected to take that into consideration and leave enough distance to not hit them. It sucks sometimes but that is just how it is.

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I'd like to see if there are skid marks created by the OP and why was it a straight on hit with no evidence of swerve to avoid the crash. 🗽☕

Sponsored

Turchman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 VW Tiguan, 2001 Infinity
Occupation
Engineer and Quality Manager
no only one the Jeep that I hit hit a Cherokee and that Cherokee hit a RAV4
I second blaming the Toyota. Only time I rear ended a car, it was a Corolla stopped dead on the freeway. Totally my fault. Was a behind a suburban who changed lanes abruptly in front of me. Took too long to register that the reason he did this was because of a stopped car. Three car lengths wasn't enough distance to stop a dodge Charger from 60. It was repaired as I was doing less than 15 mph when I hit him.

Point is, we all make mistakes and I did the same thing, panicked, slammed the brakes and it was over. I have replayed it a thousand times in my head, and kicked myself over and over. Luckily no one was hurt. Hope you are well and back in a Jeep soon OP.

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
As someone that was an insurance adjuster for 10 years, it will be rulled as you bring the at fault vehicle. All the attorney is going to do, if they even take the case, is cost you attorney fees. the important thing here is nobody was hurt. The Jeep doesn't look like it'll be totaled to me, too much residual value being it's only a couple years old.

JeepAtLast

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 64 FI Vette
Occupation
Service Writer
No way dude absolutely no way it ripped a part of the hood off you can’t see it in the picture but it ripped a part off there is no way I’m accepting that they do that it’s an absolute NO
Colombian Guy, that is what is called tongue in cheek humor, off course it is a total loss and no vacuum is going to pull that frame straight unless it is the gravity and vacuum of a black hole in which you will lose the vehicle anyway!

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Not really I had a pretty good amount of distance but since I slammed on the brakes so hard my car Hydroplaned and slid but maybe I should have been a little more farther away since I didn’t know that my car was going to hyrdroplane and slide like that.
Then you were driving too fast. Man up and accept fault. You were driving too fast/too close for the conditions. If you were driving slower this would have not happened. This doesnt mean you are a terrible person. We are all humans and not perfect.

You didn't know your Jeep was gonna hydroplane doesn't mean it wasn't your fault. It just means you have lack of experience. About 10 years ago I was driving in the middle of a snowstorm in Vermont, under the speed limit, I loss control of the vehicle, and rolled over. It was MY fault. Because I should've been driving even slower due to conditions. I never knew I was gonna lose control.

More over. I chose to drive that day, I chose to get in the car knowing the conditions. You also chose to keep driving when it was raining really hard. You took the risk. Just let it be man and let the insurance do its thing. Then switch insurances to reduce costs. 3 years go by fast.

Anyway. I bet this is a total loss. And the other Jeep definitely ate some frame damage too.
Sponsored

Last edited: