Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler Fire

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU
Chrysler (FCA US, LLC) is recalling certain 2020 Jeep Wrangler vehicles equipped with the 2.0 Liter engine. A cracked fuel supply line connector may leak fuel into the engine compartment. Dealers will inspect and replace the fuel supply line as needed, free of charge. ... FCA US LLC's number for this recall is Y10.

I know it says 2020ā€¦. I wander if it effects other years that havenā€™t been reported or anything???ā€¦
Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Haven't made it down to Harbor Freight to check it out yet, but definitely on my list of mods.
Several years ago, I did a fire investigation on a Corvette. Bottom line, the owner had replaced a fuse with a fuse from Harbor Freight that was "Made in China". Just FYI.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Several years ago, I did a fire investigation on a Corvette. Bottom line, the owner had replaced a fuse with a fuse from Harbor Freight that was "Made in China". Just FYI.
Probably 2 sizes bigger too. I think finding a non-China fuse would be tough these days.

OP
OP

Mattia60

First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Mine is parked on the street, in the city. So far, no one has bothered it. But then, just a few doors down is the city of Pittsburgh Police Training facility and of course lots of police activity and police cars on the street all the time because of that. So sorry about your Jeep! It's heartbreaking to look at! By any chance, was it a manual? I just had my 21 back at the dealer for the recall because some manuals were catching on fire
No automatic

Sponsored

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
I have never seen Jeep or any other manufacturer step up and cover a vehicle fire as a warranty issue and reimburse or replace. Always has been the owner having to file a claim against insurance.

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
As stated above, there is a recall on some 2.0s for a leaking fuel line.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Mine is parked on the street, in the city. So far, no one has bothered it. But then, just a few doors down is the city of Pittsburgh Police Training facility and of course lots of police activity and police cars on the street all the time because of that. So sorry about your Jeep! It's heartbreaking to look at! By any chance, was it a manual? I just had my 21 back at the dealer for the recall because some manuals were catching on fire
Hi Irish Creig,
Please feel free to contact us via private message if you need any assistance regarding your recall repair.

Rob
Jeep Cares

RLC2020

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU
I have been doing a lot of research on the 2.0 e torc turbo and under the truck is a 48 volt li

After a week of investigating so far it looks like the Ion Lithium batteries under the jeep could have caused the fire when they were submerged in flood water. The motor in this jeep is the 2.0 e torque turbo which has 48 volt Ion Lithium batteries 12 inches off the ground even with a lift and 35 inch tires . Spoke to the fire dept today and they said they could not get the fire out it took forever. Fire inspector for insurance called me today and did a back ground information call, if this is true Jeep has a big problem they state 30 inch of water you can go through. spoke to dealer today also and was not to happy with what they told me about the 2.0 that was in my truck!!!
The Lithium ion pack is located at the REAR of the vehicle above the rear diff. Definitely not what caused the fire at the front of your jeep...

driventoadventure

First Name
Lrr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Employed Gainfully
Clubs

Probably 2 sizes bigger too. I think finding a non-China fuse would be tough these days.
You might be surprised, but ABB and Eaton are or are amongst the largest supplier of fuses in the world, with almost all of theirs made in Swtizerland (A significant percentage of Etaon's are made in Ireland where they are based). Littlefuse is the largest automotive supplier in the world, and they are made in IL. I think ON is in AZ and they are the largest supplier for aftermarket fuses...

That's not to say that you have any change of getting a quality fuse from Hazard Fraught (kudos if you catch the reference) - it is just to say that if you shop somewhere reputable you are actually likely to get something made somewhere not specifically known for poor quality materials.

Sponsored

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited
Hi Irish Creig,
Please feel free to contact us via private message if you need any assistance regarding your recall repair.

Rob
Jeep Cares
Thank you Rob, but my dealership takes excellent care of me and handled everything with the recall on a previous stop at the dealership when I was getting my oil change done.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thank you Rob, but my dealership takes excellent care of me and handled everything with the recall on a previous stop at the dealership when I was getting my oil change done.
That is great to hear! Thank you for being apart of the Jeep family.

Rob
Jeep Cares

OP
OP

Mattia60

First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
The Lithium ion pack is located at the REAR of the vehicle above the rear diff. Definitely not what caused the fire at the front of your jeep...
No the battery pack starts under the rear drivers seat and all the coolant lines and power run under the drivers seat. Take a look at this video!

RLC2020

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU
No the battery pack starts under the rear drivers seat and all the coolant lines and power run under the drivers seat.
The battery pack, as I stated and now you have stated and as the video shows is near the rear diff, perhaps under the rear seat, yes, but it's not UNDER THE HOOD OF THE VEHICLE WHERE THE FIRE OBVIOUSLY STARTED.

Lipo/Lion packs, of which I have lots of experience, will spontaneously combust if punctured or drained below a certain voltage per cell, but the battery itself would be the source of ignition and the battery is located at the back of the vehicle, not under the hood...
Sponsored