Update on oil leak after oil filter housing and timing chain cover replaced

SargeRubi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Hey guys As some of you have read my previous threads Im waiting on a oil filter adapter part # 68566093aa. Its been on back order for months with no ETA to dealer. There appears to be no materials available to make the part. I was told that there are 22 people waiting for this part when I first had it ordered by the dealer.

I wanted to see if anyone on the forum with a leak is also waiting on this part and what they have been hearing. How long can this be backordered for? For me its been 3 months so far.

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

SargeRubi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
This is a HUGE LIE. many mopar website list it as in stock and allow you to order it and tell you it will arrive in 3 days. Its even on sale. However the distributors dont carry the part as it comes directly from the factory and they dont check until you order it. I called and they assured me they had it in stock, and confirmed with 2 people. Then when I ordered it and called them again to check they said its on back order. So needless to say Ive been down this route and its been frustrating. Im currently waiting for my refund.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Probably don't even need that whole assembly. I'd bet it's just that #15 o-ring/seal. Probably got cut upon original installation.
3a988057e4bdee2d8d13481d3e564d9d.png

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
No, but i'm in the same boat. Went in for an oil leak. Asked ahead of time if they have all of the parts or if we should order first. They said no problems.

Fast forward 56 days later and i'm waiting on a fuel line kit 68524869AA

Eta? day 93 in shop is current eta. not guaranteed.

Sponsored

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
Is the problem with the original adapter a small defect in a sealing surface, and Is it of an aluminum that could be TIG welded and machined?

That sucks waiting so long for a replacement part.

OP
OP

SargeRubi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
No, but i'm in the same boat. Went in for an oil leak. Asked ahead of time if they have all of the parts or if we should order first. They said no problems.

Fast forward 56 days later and i'm waiting on a fuel line kit 68524869AA

Eta? day 93 in shop is current eta. not guaranteed.
Your Jeep has been in the shop for 93 days? Im presuming they gave you a rental I have had my Jeep in the shop since May and been driving a rental since. What do you think will happen, what are your plans and how long are you going to wait? I dont know how for a current model year vehicle there is such a shortage.

OP
OP

SargeRubi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Is the problem with the original adapter a small defect in a sealing surface, and Is it of an aluminum that could be TIG welded and machined?

That sucks waiting so long for a replacement part.

I dont know they didnt tell me and I asked them if they could just change the seal or gasket they said no the whole part needs to be changed.

OP
OP

SargeRubi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Threads like this really are making me think twice about ordering a 2022.
I would order one but what you may want to look into is part availability and how long to wait to get yours. I ordered mine and got it in 2 months but owned it for 3 months before having a leak and its been in the shop for 3 months now.

Sponsored

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Your Jeep has been in the shop for 93 days? Im presuming they gave you a rental I have had my Jeep in the shop since May and been driving a rental since. What do you think will happen, what are your plans and how long are you going to wait? I dont know how for a current model year vehicle there is such a shortage.
nope, that was day 56 when i wrote it. the eta was sept 22nd which would have put me at day 93 when the part comes in. No rental, I have a 2nd car to drive. We put it back together with the old parts. i picked it up about 3 days ago.

OP
OP

SargeRubi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
nope, that was day 56 when i wrote it. the eta was sept 22nd which would have put me at day 93 when the part comes in. No rental, I have a 2nd car to drive. We put it back together with the old parts. i picked it up about 3 days ago.

Do you think you will get it by Sept 22? They told me they dont have the materials to make the part Im waiting on and that im number 7 out of 22 waiting for it. I got a rental but I dont know how much longer I can be patient. The dealer says they have never seen something like this. They told me I cant drive it because it will gush oil. Ive considered going down the lemon law route but I got a good deal on this and not sure how long I would wait for another one.

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Do you think you will get it by Sept 22? They told me they dont have the materials to make the part Im waiting on and that im number 7 out of 22 waiting for it. I got a rental but I dont know how much longer I can be patient. The dealer says they have never seen something like this. They told me I cant drive it because it will gush oil. Ive considered going down the lemon law route but I got a good deal on this and not sure how long I would wait for another one.
My parts are internal and no longer needed unless they fail. There is no telling what the real story is down the line causing delays. Someone in Asia probably had a kid and took 3 months maternity leave. It'll break loose one day.

Only other option is stepping up to the next assembly. For instance the axle locker sensor is not serviced so they replace the diff assembly. The diff assembly isnt available so they replace the whole axle over a sensor. With that being said, maybe they can replace your long block if the gasket comes with it?

OP
OP

SargeRubi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
UPDATE!!!

The part finally was made and delivered to the dealer last week.

After 4 months of waiting they finally started to work on it only to find out they needed a gasket which had to be ordered. Thankfully that was not back ordered. So today I finally got the call my car is ready so I went to pick it up. It was nicely detailed and only had 2 additional miles on the odometer.

I pick it up and drive it home but as soon as I get on the freeway after a couple minutes of driving it OVERHEATED. I pulled over called the dealer back, let it cool and drove it stopping each time the temp went up. They sent my service advisor with coolant and as soon as the opened the reservoir it gushed out. They claim there was an air bubble and they topped it off and took the car back.

So Im back in my rental with the jeep back at the dealer. Hopefully this overheating is nothing serious. I am for some reason not surprised although disappointed.

My issue is that they said they have been driving it all day and Im worried it had overheated and no one did anything.

second its not right to pour coolant into an oveheating engine. How do I know it didnt crack the block.

Should I take this car back or lemon it?

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
The computer won't let it overheat, it would go into limp mode and shut down first. IF they really were driving it and it got hot they would have known and there would have been a code.
An air pocket will do exactly what you said happened. Get rid of the air pocket and it's good as new. No harm done.

Let them address it and give it back to you. Then just go out and enjoy.
Sponsored