First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
The winds were favorable here in the Seattle area - we had maybe 2 days with high overhead smoke, but nothing like what you have had. That heavy think wild fire smoke at ground level is miserable.

Was there any relief at the coast?
The coast was absolutely beautiful. It was just about 70-degrees and clear. Fog burned off pretty early and rolled in sort of late, so I got a wicked sunburn on the top of my head, haha. Driving home was like driving into a "wall" of smoke as I hit the Rogue Valley.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I have to leave my state to offroad, and winter is my dead season with work and only time of the year that I can get away. So yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to the winter season to see what my Jeep can really do.

DewHawk

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '04 M3
Occupation
USAF F-16 Crew Chief
Majority of the summer here in the Denver/Metro area has been like living in the devil's personal space heater. We've smashed more heat records this September alone than any other year on record and we aren't even done yet. Fall can't get here fast enough IMO. I love the heat seeing as I'm a born Lizard transplant from Arizona (lived in CO nearly 30 years now), but this is ridiculous at this altitude.

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Agreed. PNW was f'ing brutal this summer. 118 "that day" here in WW! No rain for months until the end of last week. All of a sudden with a snap of a finger- rain in the forecast multiple days, highs in mid-low 70s and lows in the upper 40s. Crazy!
I really miss the stereotypical Portland fall weather- the mist, the fog, it's damp, moss explodes everywhere, japanese, vine and big leaf maple leaves turning... it's an amazing thing.

jayteal

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon; 2018 JLUR; 2004 TJ
Agreed. PNW was f'ing brutal this summer. 118 "that day" here in WW! No rain for months until the end of last week. All of a sudden with a snap of a finger- rain in the forecast multiple days, highs in mid-low 70s and lows in the upper 40s. Crazy!
I really miss the stereotypical Portland fall weather- the mist, the fog, it's damp, moss explodes everywhere, japanese, vine and big leaf maple leaves turning... it's an amazing thing.

The wife and I flew to Seattle two weeks ago and drove through central and eastern WA on our way to Glacier National Park and couldn't believe how brown the trees and vegetation were in WA. That's something I'm used to here in Texas - you all had a truly miserable summer in the PNW. Hoping fall brings you some rain.

Sponsored

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
You just described like 8-10 months of the year in Southern California.

I am glad to be getting rid of the 120 degree weather, but it’s still up around 110 here. Once we’re in the mid-90’s I’ll be a happy camper!

driventoadventure

First Name
Lrr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Employed Gainfully
Clubs

Majority of the summer here in the Denver/Metro area has been like living in the devil's personal space heater. We've smashed more heat records this September alone than any other year on record and we aren't even done yet. Fall can't get here fast enough IMO. I love the heat seeing as I'm a born Lizard transplant from Arizona (lived in CO nearly 30 years now), but this is ridiculous at this altitude.
Man, last week last year we got snow... I am freaking done with this summer...

YJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 F150, 2018 V-Strom 650
Yes and no. With the really hot weather and horrible wildfire smoke I didn't get out as much as I wanted to this summer. I'm trying to cram a few more high altitude trips in before the snow comes and the trails shut down until next June.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

The wife and I flew to Seattle two weeks ago and drove through central and eastern WA on our way to Glacier National Park and couldn't believe how brown the trees and vegetation were in WA. That's something I'm used to here in Texas - you all had a truly miserable summer in the PNW. Hoping fall brings you some rain.
Yup - that early blast of heat in June (three days at 100+!) was really hard on us. I have never seen fir/pine trees turning orange on the west side of the Cascades like we saw this year.

Working from home was a saving grace as I ran my sprinklers multiple times a day to keep things alive.

Sponsored

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
...but I’m glad fall is around the corner.

This summer was brutal. We got no rain for 3 or 4 months here in the PNW. We had two tough heat waves; the wildfires kept everyone on edge, and the smoke made the air unbreathable

It started to rain again. We’ve had 2 rainy days in the past week, and the 10-day forecast calls for a combination of sunny and rainy days.

I spent the afternoon yesterday doing yard work. I had neglected it. Everything looks brown; a few plants have died from the heat and the drought, but a few others have done well and grown fast. Green shoots are starting to reappear. Things seem to be getting back to normal.

I engaged the Selec-Trac over the weekend. The Jeep drives and feels so much better with it engaged. Soon enough snow will be back! :like:

Life is good.

Anyone else looking forward to the end of summer and Jeeping in winter?
I live in Hell, we pray for winter all summer long.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
I think Dorothy moved to Pa, ten tornados in one storm, never happened here before and I don't know if a tornado picked my house, dropped it into Kansas, because the next storm, we had eight tornados.

Beaching631

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, Manual, 35" & Fuel Coverts
Not for me. Usually summer here is paradise with a long string of multiple weeks of 83 degrees and sunny with not too much humidity. But unfortunately this year we had one of the wettest summers on record. Then in the middle of August we got finally got some sunshine but with the price-tag of a two week stretch in the mid 90's and really humid. So I do feel like I got cheated a little this year as far as time on the sand.

With all that being said, I love fall as college football is my favorite sport. As HeadBarCode said, we can't legally off-road here, but I still am very much looking forward to taking the Jeep out East in October/November to hike the cliffs by Montauk and even do some simple family stuff like pumpkin picking.

Winter sucks, but if anyone has cool ideas for tame snow off-roading in eastern pennsylvania let me know as that would only be about 3 hours away.

FJL40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr 6spd
Well, I live in Arizona and we’ve had more rain this summer than I’ve seen in 20 years! We can “wheel” all year long thanks to the JL’s air conditioning and superb cooling system!
Yup! We got a ton of rain this year in Phoenix. It was a blessing as last year was torture.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
I guess it’s all about extremes. A few years ago it was -60 degrees without windchill here. A year or two before that it snowed every other day for 5 months into late April. We’ve also had 105 degree stretches too. That all sucked. In 5 years when I can, I’m moving south, not too south (too hot). A place where the spring and fall are long. A place that the winter temp is low 40s and summer high in the 80s. I hate snow because here in Chicago its pretty for day then it’s grey and a PITA. Chicago is dead flat. But there is a silver lining. I can run the Jeep up those 20 ft piles of snow in the Home Depot parking lot.
Sponsored