Sponsored

JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Hate to be overly critical, but I have sure found JC to be so unhelpful as to be virtually useless. Anyone disagree??? The idea is a good one - to have an online place to go to find out where in the production process your 40-50-60-70,000 vehicle resides as you wait with excitement for your specially ordered Wrangler. But in reality, these folks at FCA and Jeep Care are not at all that sophisticated, organized and pro-active for accurate customer status inquiry.

Almost to the contrary, it seems like FCA has expended lots of effort to train their JC reps in all the ins and outs of how to give completely non-committal responses in an effort to keep us customers diverted - and placated.

I have gone through this JC drill now about a dozen times and I really, truly havenā€™t learned anything of substance about: (1) when my order will most likely go into production; (2) how long production and inspection will likely take; and (3) when I can realistically expect my dealer to have the completed vehicle on the ground at the dealership. I have always limited my inquiries by asking for information ā€˜assuming it all goes as hoped for and as reasonably expectedā€™. Despite that, the only thing I have had from these folks is a litany of generalities and, really, nothing at all specific to my order/build.

I have definitely found more helpful info here on this Forum in terms of actual order, waiting and delivery experience. I am guesstimating my build, shipping and delivery dates on the basis of what others have said about their own orders and deliveries - and that guessing, I now realize, is about all Iā€™m going to get - and little, if anything, of substance from Jeep.
Your post is pretty much on point.

You forgot to mention they are always super excited and very happy that you have joined the Jeep family. That must be the "F1 key" canned response.

It's good to know the Jeep family is as dysfunctional as all our own families... šŸ¤”

Honestly in the uncountable number of times I dealt with them over the past 12+ weeks, only once, and then via phone following a useless chat, did I get someone who I felt was honest and helpful.

She had been there a lonngggg time and gave me some great info. Nothing that helped with my order mind you, but rather historical information concerning their customer service.

She said, at one time, the customer could get real, granular, relevant information on their builds, but that, somehow, caused problems.

In the end, iiwii, all we can do is wait... and wait... and wait... and wait... šŸ˜‰

Advertisement

badgerridge719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
My only question was, do I still have to pay the 1500 destination charge.
In my experience that's pretty much been a non-negotiable part of the price. It applies regardless of where/how you bought the vehicle. It's a way for the automaker to guarantee a bit of profit margin on every new vehicle and they won't give that up easily.

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
Hate to be overly critical, but I have sure found JC to be so unhelpful as to be virtually useless. Anyone disagree??? The idea is a good one - to have an online place to go to find out where in the production process your 40-50-60-70,000 vehicle resides as you wait with excitement for your specially ordered Wrangler. But in reality, these folks at FCA and Jeep Care are not at all that sophisticated, organized and pro-active for accurate customer status inquiry.

Almost to the contrary, it seems like FCA has expended lots of effort to train their JC reps in all the ins and outs of how to give completely non-committal responses in an effort to keep us customers diverted - and placated.

I have gone through this JC drill now about a dozen times and I really, truly havenā€™t learned anything of substance about: (1) when my order will most likely go into production; (2) how long production and inspection will likely take; and (3) when I can realistically expect my dealer to have the completed vehicle on the ground at the dealership. I have always limited my inquiries by asking for information ā€˜assuming it all goes as hoped for and as reasonably expectedā€™. Despite that, the only thing I have had from these folks is a litany of generalities and, really, nothing at all specific to my order/build.

I have definitely found more helpful info here on this Forum in terms of actual order, waiting and delivery experience. I am guesstimating my build, shipping and delivery dates on the basis of what others have said about their own orders and deliveries - and that guessing, I now realize, is about all Iā€™m going to get - and little, if anything, of substance from Jeep.
100%. Im not an expert at logistics or databases but it seems that the JC reps (still wondering if they are bots) have access to a limited status database. Each response has a wide range of stages it corresponds to. Ive read that the future business models will rely on ordering as opposed to dealer lots. Jeep will have address JC. Either give the reps access to a detailed database that is refreshed at least several times a day or each customer their own tool to type their vin in. Its ridiculous that you can go on for weeks and just see the same standard responses of : gathering parts, currently being built, in inspections, waiting to be shipped or shipped. It would be great if they could tell us something like, "waiting for gorilla glass," "currently 356th of 600 to be built today," "undergoing additional testing for failed pcm during inspection," "currently on route from Toledo to Dallas via rail." Some details like that would go a long way.

Sponsored

CrimsonGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Rule #1 is that most salepersons and dealers don't know jack about how long things are taking or what the current status is of parts/holdups/delays, etc. You'll learn a lot more by reading the ramblings on this thread. From my seat, I would say the majority of orders are taking from 6-8 weeks to get built and shipped. Shipping delays seem to vary greatly. There are certainly outliers that are taking much more time (like 4 months), or significantly less (like order to doorstep in 30 days).
100%. Im not an expert at logistics or databases but it seems that the JC reps (still wondering if they are bots) have access to a limited status database. Each response has a wide range of stages it corresponds to. Ive read that the future business models will rely on ordering as opposed to dealer lots. Jeep will have address JC. Either give the reps access to a detailed database that is refreshed at least several times a day or each customer their own tool to type their vin in. Its ridiculous that you can go on for weeks and just see the same standard responses of : gathering parts, currently being built, in inspections, waiting to be shipped or shipped. It would be great if they could tell us something like, "waiting for gorilla glass," "currently 356th of 600 to be built today," "undergoing additional testing for failed pcm during inspection," "currently on route from Toledo to Dallas via rail." Some details like that would go a long way.
I can't wait to ask the dealer why my All Weather Mats were deleted from my order after the POC. That is the oddest thing since they are part of the Willys package.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Yup. You know that information has to already exist in their system somewhere.

I would be OK and honestly prefer self-serve, with human backup for the information.

Would luv to see a personalized by VIN build information page that updated overnight with history from order to delivery with Email/text alerts on status changes.

If these manufacturers truly hope to start pushing build-to-order for the general public, they are going to need to step up their game.

The general public isn't as patient as we are... šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

CJMack

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wrangler 4xe, 17 Cherokee Trailhawk
I can't wait to ask the dealer why my All Weather Mats were deleted from my order after the POC. That is the oddest thing since they are part of the Willys package.
My son is parts manager at a Jeep dealership and the ā€œAll Weather Matsā€ for all Wranglers are on back order due to the ā€œrubberā€ shortage. I had rather wait on the mats than on my Jeep! Hope you enjoy your Willys!

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
My son is parts manager at a Jeep dealership and the ā€œAll Weather Matsā€ for all Wranglers are on back order due to the ā€œrubberā€ shortage. I had rather wait on the mats than on my Jeep! Hope you enjoy your Willys!
Yeah, I would hope that's just something you can note on the contract when you sign and they can call you when they come in or install them on your first oil change.

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
Yup. You know that information has to already exist in their system somewhere.

I would be OK and honestly prefer self-serve, with human backup for the information.

Would luv to see a personalized by VIN build information page that updated overnight with history from order to delivery with Email/text alerts on status changes.

If these manufacturers truly hope to start pushing build-to-order for the general public, they are going to need to step up their game.

The general public isn't as patient as we are... šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
I'd be worried if they didnt have that info somewhere. Im sure the plant managers in Toldeo have detailed reports. With my limited knowledge, that should be relatively easy to create a better database for JC. For a reasonable fee of just my Jeep, I'd be happy to lend my time lol. A customer tool would be alot harder. But still feasible within 6 months to a year if properly resourced.

Sponsored

Snellville392

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 740e; 2022 XC40 recharge (2); 2021 XC90 recha
apparently they are out of stock. I ordered mine on the 4th and they were unavailable as an option.

Jeff B

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport
I saw that on my sticker as well and was wondering. That sucks!!

badgerridge719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I was going to get Weathertech or Husky Liners on my Gladiator anyway so glad I didn't spec the Jeep factory ones.

sydw

First Name
sydney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
I ordered two Rubicons (one for me and one for my brother) on 8/23 in Tuscadero Pink and Gecko Green, and my dealer told me estimated wait time would be between 3 weeks - 3 months. was wondering if anyone else ordered in those colors and what your dealer said about the wait time?
Well, I have a small update from JC. my Tuscadero is still in the scheduling stage (šŸ˜«) however, my brothers Gecko Green is waiting to be built as they have all the parts? Thereā€™s some hope maybe lol. Iā€™ve been reading this thread since we both ordered ours so I know that crap can hit the fan and the Gecko can get stuck in that stage but Iā€™m trying to stay positive about it lol

Advertisement

Advertisement