Sponsored

JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I know, when the salesmen told my brother and me that I was like okay well that doesn’t narrow it down lol. I just wasn’t sure, I know it varies and is chaotic but haven’t seen someone else order the Tuscadero yet. I have seen a couple of people who have gotten their Gecko Jeeps though.
Be sure and post. Id luv to see that Tuscadero color in person.

Advertisement

Big_Lebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2016 JKUR Rock Crawler
Occupation
I glow in the dark!
I ordered two Rubicons (one for me and one for my brother) on 8/23 in Tuscadero Pink and Gecko Green, and my dealer told me estimated wait time would be between 3 weeks - 3 months. was wondering if anyone else ordered in those colors and what your dealer said about the wait time?
Rule #1 is that most salepersons and dealers don't know jack about how long things are taking or what the current status is of parts/holdups/delays, etc. You'll learn a lot more by reading the ramblings on this thread. From my seat, I would say the majority of orders are taking from 6-8 weeks to get built and shipped. Shipping delays seem to vary greatly. There are certainly outliers that are taking much more time (like 4 months), or significantly less (like order to doorstep in 30 days).

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
@LuvYella my date range got changed to 9/12 - 9/24 lol its take longer to ship than it did to produce it.

moorejh143

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mini Cooper, 2017 Dodge Charger
Sorry, another stupid question. I see some posts listing dates where the order date and date a vin is received could be a month or more.

i ordered mine on 4 September and the dealer gave me my order sheet with my vin and von numbers on 10 September.

I guess I should count my blessings, but why are some not getting a vin for upwards a month and I get mine in 6 days? Also, what is a Von?

looking at the paper my dealer gave me, it lists this: Status: D: Firm Schedule: Serial Number is Assigned and Build Priority: 01

Eandras

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler unlimited Sport S Black
I called the custtomer service line once and they said anything 45 days and over can be esco'd guess im close enough
That is there standard message. I escalated prior to the 45 days and got the infamous Jeff Letter.. I escalated past Jeff on my next call and followed with an email to Fiat Corporate. Received a call the next morning. Mine was built on 8/16 and in shipping on 8/17. Estimate window to dealer was 8/27 to 9/3. JC on 9/3 pushed to 9/6. JC on 9/6 pushed out to 9/10 to 9/24. Received Meff email on 9/7 after my email to Fiat Corporate the Jeep was at dealer on 9/10. It is nit the date push out that made me escalate it was the Jeff email that pushed my buttons. A well written email with verifiable facts really helps out the Jeep that I ordered is really great.

Sponsored

KNOBER69

First Name
Augie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 J10, 82 Honcho StepSide, 21 Rubicon Gecko
Ordered my Unlimited Rubicon Diesel Gecko 2 days after color went live to order on May 8th. Received VIN May 9th. Truck built on August 12th. Delivered to Dealer in Georgia on Sept. 1st. Picking up this week. About 3 1/2 Months.
On August 7th found out about the Tuscadero color. Placed an order for a Rubicon 392 in Tuscadero. Received VIN on August 11th. now I most likely will only see it Oct/Nov.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking Gecko Rubi

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered my Unlimited Rubicon Diesel Gecko 2 days after color went live to order on May 8th. Received VIN May 9th. Truck built on August 12th. Delivered to Dealer in Georgia on Sept. 1st. Picking up this week. About 3 1/2 Months.
On August 7th found out about the Tuscadero color. Placed an order for a Rubicon 392 in Tuscadero. Received VIN on August 11th. now I most likely will only see it Oct/Nov.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking Gecko Rubi
Reminds me of NeonGladiator @ShockerRacing

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
Sorry, another stupid question. I see some posts listing dates where the order date and date a vin is received could be a month or more.

i ordered mine on 4 September and the dealer gave me my order sheet with my vin and von numbers on 10 September.

I guess I should count my blessings, but why are some not getting a vin for upwards a month and I get mine in 6 days? Also, what is a Von?

looking at the paper my dealer gave me, it lists this: Status: D: Firm Schedule: Serial Number is Assigned and Build Priority: 01
VON is the Vehicle Order Number, your VON to VIN time is fairly normal and the stuff you’re showing at the bottom of your order sheet is VERY normal. Be sure to read through the ordering process thread, it explains it all to you in detail.

Enjoy the new ride!!!

Deek

First Name
Denis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Sahara Eco-diesel
Hate to be overly critical, but I have sure found JC to be so unhelpful as to be virtually useless. Anyone disagree??? The idea is a good one - to have an online place to go to find out where in the production process your 40-50-60-70,000 vehicle resides as you wait with excitement for your specially ordered Wrangler. But in reality, these folks at FCA and Jeep Care are not at all that sophisticated, organized and pro-active for accurate customer status inquiry.

Almost to the contrary, it seems like FCA has expended lots of effort to train their JC reps in all the ins and outs of how to give completely non-committal responses in an effort to keep us customers diverted - and placated.

I have gone through this JC drill now about a dozen times and I really, truly haven’t learned anything of substance about: (1) when my order will most likely go into production; (2) how long production and inspection will likely take; and (3) when I can realistically expect my dealer to have the completed vehicle on the ground at the dealership. I have always limited my inquiries by asking for information ‘assuming it all goes as hoped for and as reasonably expected’. Despite that, the only thing I have had from these folks is a litany of generalities and, really, nothing at all specific to my order/build.

I have definitely found more helpful info here on this Forum in terms of actual order, waiting and delivery experience. I am guesstimating my build, shipping and delivery dates on the basis of what others have said about their own orders and deliveries - and that guessing, I now realize, is about all I’m going to get - and little, if anything, of substance from Jeep.

Sponsored

lockman1972

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport (ordered)
Hate to be overly critical, but I have sure found JC to be so unhelpful as to be virtually useless. Anyone disagree??? The idea is a good one - to have an online place to go to find out where in the production process your 40-50-60-70,000 vehicle resides as you wait with excitement for your specially ordered Wrangler. But in reality, these folks at FCA and Jeep Care are not at all that sophisticated, organized and pro-active for accurate customer status inquiry.

Almost to the contrary, it seems like FCA has expended lots of effort to train their JC reps in all the ins and outs of how to give completely non-committal responses in an effort to keep us customers diverted - and placated.

I have gone through this JC drill now about a dozen times and I really, truly haven’t learned anything of substance about: (1) when my order will most likely go into production; (2) how long production and inspection will likely take; and (3) when I can realistically expect my dealer to have the completed vehicle on the ground at the dealership. I have always limited my inquiries by asking for information ‘assuming it all goes as hoped for and as reasonably expected’. Despite that, the only thing I have had from these folks is a litany of generalities and, really, nothing at all specific to my order/build.

I have definitely found more helpful info here on this Forum in terms of actual order, waiting and delivery experience. I am guesstimating my build, shipping and delivery dates on the basis of what others have said about their own orders and deliveries - and that guessing, I now realize, is about all I’m going to get - and little, if anything, of substance from Jeep.
ONE OF US !!!!!!!

Rubisramansbestfriend

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0, HD Breakout 114, Unimog, GT500
My window sticker is active and I was able to pull it up. I'm getting excited now. My dealer told me that since I own a trucking company and am licensed to haul equipment and vehicles, he may be able to expedite my shipping to allow me to load my own jeep for delivery.

lockman1972

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport (ordered)
My window sticker is active and I was able to pull it up. I'm getting excited now. My dealer told me that since I own a trucking company and am licensed to haul equipment and vehicles, he may be able to expedite my shipping to allow me to load my own jeep for delivery.
Have a feeling that would be a very expedited delivery

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Can you get my 392 lol it needs to come home in its garage and not the stay outside.

Advertisement

Advertisement