Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Curious, why don’t you guys like the stitched leather option as shown on the link vs the standard leather seats?
It’s just too much for me, a little gaudy for my taste. But also from what I understand it doesn’t come with all the other things that come with the standard leather package (I.e. the rear seat armrest with cup holders)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
It’s just too much for me, a little gaudy for my taste. But also from what I understand it doesn’t come with all the other things that come with the standard leather package (I.e. the rear seat armrest with cup holders)
True, it’s a selective taste I guess… and yeah I found out the hard way that it doesn’t come with the rear center arm rest. I believe that to be due to the fact the base seats are cloth with a leather overlay, and they differ from the other standard leather package… also the stitched leather package does not have the rear seat gap hiders when putting the rear seats down which sucks…

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
Curious, why don’t you guys like the stitched leather option as shown on the link vs the standard leather seats?
I don't like the bumpy/bubbly look and I really don't like the jeep logo they use on the headrest.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

True, it’s a selective taste I guess… and yeah I found out the hard way that it doesn’t come with the rear center arm rest. I believe that to be due to the fact the base seats are cloth with a leather overlay, and they differ from the other standard leather package… also the stitched leather package does not have the rear seat gap hiders when putting the rear seats down which sucks…
I hope you don’t think I was talking shit or anything. To clarify, I don’t hate it, and I almost ordered. It wouldn’t be a dealbreaker if i was picking one off the lot. But I was building one to order, and the cheaper option came with more stuff, and having seen it in real photos I think the smooth leather is more to my taste. I almost didn’t do proximity door locks either, but from the sounds of everyone here I’m quite glad I did. There was a lot of stuff that I was on the fence about and the more time that goes by, I realize I’m happy with the decisions I made. I didn’t know about the rear cover either, that’s a deal breaker as the back seat will be for my dogs. And I don’t want anyone losing a paw in the crack off road and getting hurt.

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
I hope you don’t think I was talking shit or anything. To clarify, I don’t hate it, and I almost ordered. It wouldn’t be a dealbreaker if i was picking one off the lot. But I was building one to order, and the cheaper option came with more stuff, and having seen it in real photos I think the smooth leather is more to my taste. I almost didn’t do proximity door locks either, but from the sounds of everyone here I’m quite glad I did. There was a lot of stuff that I was on the fence about and the more time that goes by, I realize I’m happy with the decisions I made. I didn’t know about the rear cover either, that’s a deal breaker as the back seat will be for my dogs. And I don’t want anyone losing a paw in the crack off road and getting hurt.
Lol no no I took it the correct way, all good. I’m glad you got yours the way you wanted it tho!

Sponsored

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
Exactly what I was thinking...

Here is a non XR in Tuscadero and the White XR from other day..
65ACF3C7-07EC-43D2-8C6E-90025775FD65.jpeg
39DB5D37-0D0A-462F-A95B-0DFCF8269F40.jpeg
OK, that looks better in this pic. Is it the same from before, or is this a different angle?

YJherJLhim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ and 18 JL Rubicon Unlimited
OK, that looks better in this pic. Is it the same from before, or is this a different angle?
This is the second white one that was posted, not the first one. Taken at a lower angle than first one it looks like...

Sponsored

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR

Brettnyt

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)