HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club

PECoach

First Name
Coach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Wrangler TJ
Great looking Jeep, just curious since you have a Willys what engine do you have and also after those bigger wheels do you still see 8th gear at all if you have the Auto?
Thanks.
I have the 3.6L V6 24V e Torque Engine. Yep, still see 8th gear.
Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

So I spent most of yesterday jerry-rigging a hard top lift in my garage with a buddy. Got it all setup - total materials cost of ~$40 and it works...pretty good.

And I *completely* forgot to take a pic with the top off/hoisted, lmao.

Just know that it's coming. And I'm pretty excited about it. Extremely minimal impact/damage to my garage ceiling, would be super easy to remove and you wouldn't know it'd been there, but it also works really well.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

So I spent most of yesterday jerry-rigging a hard top lift in my garage with a buddy. Got it all setup - total materials cost of ~$40 and it works...pretty good.

Just know that it's coming. And I'm pretty excited about it. Extremely minimal impact/damage to my garage ceiling, would be super easy to remove and you wouldn't know it'd been there, but it also works really well.
Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club E6DA8BED-94AA-4107-ADFA-E2101EA51BAD
Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club 9D5086D0-0C5F-4DBB-A250-4023887EAA89
Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club 62669A13-B356-486B-AC5C-8772BBBAFE88

I went with Harken, and I am pleased so far.

I am going to move the lift points forward 6 inches so the rear glass clears the angle iron hold the shelf.

I have also shortened the straps to it will go higher and I can back under the top while hoisted.

other notes:
Soft top hardware was a breeze to install, but got ahead of my self installing the actual soft top itself. Put a few scratches in the roll bar, touch up paint on its way

Hard top reinstall was awkward as the back glass was pushing on said angle iron, and top was not quite level. Moving the hoist points forward should solve that.

I really like the self locking safety cleat, and the 6:1 mechanical advantage makes it super easy to lift and lower the top

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Glad you found a solution! Even though I was only able to run for a week with out the hard top it was fabulous!! Looking forward to next spring when I go back to no top / soft top for the summer. :)

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Glad you found a solution! Even though I was only able to run for a week with out the hard top it was fabulous!! Looking forward to next spring when I go back to no top / soft top for the summer. :)
Thanks for the pics of yours. I've had the Harken in my Amazon cart for a while, but had been saving up for my lift+tires, and with some recent unexpected financial changes, decided to get *something* done for now that could be upgraded later.

My setup is ultimately pretty similar, really. Two ~5ft 2x4s screwed into the ceiling beams at 3-4 points, then eye-hooks screwed into those, with some re-inforcement.

I was limited by my pre-existing shop light, so my bars are ~1ft further apart than would be ideal. Easy to adjust when it's not 95+ outside, lol.

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Thanks for the pics of yours. I've had the Harken in my Amazon cart for a while, but had been saving up for my lift+tires, and with some recent unexpected financial changes, decided to get *something* done for now that could be upgraded later.

My setup is ultimately pretty similar, really. Two ~5ft 2x4s screwed into the ceiling beams at 3-4 points, then eye-hooks screwed into those, with some re-inforcement.

I was limited by my pre-existing shop light, so my bars are ~1ft further apart than would be ideal. Easy to adjust when it's not 95+ outside, lol.
Sounds very similar, and I was thinking of something similar.

I hear ya on the fun stuff - I am saving for the steel bumper/winch upgrade. Hoping to install in the spring.

AlternateLaw

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUS, 2019 JLUR, 2021 JLUR 4xe (ordered)
Hello all...I am a long time lurker and a former crystal granite club member 😜. I've been converted to team Hydro Blue. Just picked it up a couple of weeks ago. New tires and I'm currently waiting and deciding what lift to get.

I've loved seeing everyones pictures! They have given me a lot of ideas and inspiration.

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club IMG_2402

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Hello all...I am a long time lurker and a former crystal granite club member 😜. I've been converted to team Hydro Blue. Just picked it up a couple of weeks ago. New tires and I'm currently waiting and deciding what lift to get.

I've loved seeing everyones pictures! They have given me a lot of ideas and inspiration.

Looking good! what type and size of tires did you get?

AlternateLaw

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Spoiler - your hard top setup is basically *exactly* what I did. I see you also "splurged" on the cheap Harbor Freight ratchet straps, lol.

How did you get your ratchet straps so clean though? Did you trim for length? Mine had MILES of extra, lol.

*Sorry to derail the overall Hydro thread. I can move convo elsewhere, or just supplement with excessive blue pics if needed for the group*

Sponsored

AlternateLaw

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spoiler - your hard top setup is basically *exactly* what I did. I see you also "splurged" on the cheap Harbor Freight ratchet straps, lol.

How did you get your ratchet straps so clean though? Did you trim for length? Mine had MILES of extra, lol.

*Sorry to derail the overall Hydro thread. I can move convo elsewhere, or just supplement with excessive blue pics if needed for the group*
Yes...I splurged on the ratchet straps! lol. This system is seriously underrated. I had to save my money for things that count! About the lengths of the straps...I did exactly what you suggested. I trimmed them shorter and then burned the frayed ends with a lighter. The one that goes around the front is one ratchet strap so I use 3 in total. 2 in the back and 1 slipped under the upper front end.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Yes...I splurged on the ratchet straps! lol. This system is seriously underrated. I had to save my money for things that count! About the lengths of the straps...I did exactly what you suggested. I trimmed them shorter and then burned the frayed ends with a lighter. The one that goes around the front is one ratchet strap so I use 3 in total. 2 in the back and 1 slipped under the upper front end.
Ah, I've got 4 running, but 3 might be easier.

On the back two, can you share a pic or two of specifically where on the top you're hooking? The best place I could find was to hook at the bottom of the back, right where that channel runs.

I also used microfiber cloths between the hooks and top. Probably overkill but my whole system is overkill, lol.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Quick question for my Hydro Blue peeps - I have a 2021 Rubicon, yet when I search through settings and applications I don't see the selectable tire fill alert options, almost like they are missing. Are you all seeing them on your Rubicons? Supposed to be Options - Safety - STFA.

AlternateLaw

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the back two, can you share a pic or two of specifically where on the top you're hooking? The best place I could find was to hook at the bottom of the back, right where that channel runs.
I hook them on the inside back window bracket...making sure I am attached to the bracket and not the window lift mechanism. It's a clean setup and no hook is on my paint.

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club IMG_2416

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club IMG_2417

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
I hook them on the inside back window bracket...making sure I am attached to the bracket and not the window lift mechanism. It's a clean setup and no hook is on my paint.

I've been doing the exact same setup with my JKU for 10 years now, 4 eye hooks in the ceiling, 4 ratchet straps, piece of cake, can do it by myself up/down in 5 minutes.
Sponsored